You can now change your notification sounds by going to this link https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/index.php?/&app=soundboard&module=soundboard&controller=managesounds

You can find a library of free notification sounds in several places on the Internet. Here's one which has a very large selection https://notificationsounds.com/notification-sounds

BankFodder BankFodder

BankFodder BankFodder

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 4021 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

i have a small pub, to which i pay business rates, which were significantly larger by thousands than those around me, i applied for a review the young chap came walked aroundthe pub for five minutes and left, i then recieved a rerated bill cutting my exsisting bill for rates in half, i have had this pub for six years, is there any hope of getting back the absolute fortune i have paid for thispub in rates, i asked the rating office to look at the rates only because,my business has suffered because of the smoking ban, and many business have closed or relocated, large employers, through no fault of mine i have seen my turnover drop to less than half its level pre closures and the smoking ban, i was informed that the rating officers do not take economic variations into account when assessing your rates then pray tell what criteria do they use, i have just found out that apub not less than a milefrom me and four times the size, is paying half of what i am paying on the re assessed bill, i am going to default on my rates because theburden is not finnancially viableto pay the re assessed bill i am already dealing with equita another sitei used to have and this is draining me of any chance of paying for thepub that is open and trading, any advice short of suicide would be appreciated.:confused:

Guest Happy Contrails

This is a forum about bailiffs, Im not sure how your dispute with NDR is related other than you say you are dealing with Equita on another business.

I think you are asking for your re-assessment on your Non Domestic Rates to be backdated in keeping with other like for like businesses in your area. You have two avenues.

Contact the Local Government Ombudsman and gleam their comments and see if they can do anything to strengthen your case, then consider filing a claim against the authority in the small claims track. As always, get expert advice.

If you can go into more detail with issues you have with Equita, information needed is a) Amount of NDR due, and b) how much Equita has told you to pay. I can show you what to do next.

Once the valuation office has re-rated your'e premesis, the new rateable value will be given to your LA. The current and future bills will then be billed at this rate. It is not usually backdated without good reason, an example of this would be, part of the premesis are out of use since july 2007, then the new RV would be backdated to this date. Loss of business due to the smoking ban isn't backdated usually and would begin from current bill.

Also, ensure that you have applied for small business rates relief, whether you qualify for this would depend on your overall rateable value, but, if you did qualify, your rates bill will be cut by up to 50%. Ring your LA and ask if you qualify.

Also, if you qualify, you may be able to apply for "hardship status", depending on your LA, this could defer payments and spread them out over a longer period, but, this is only temporary.