• Tweets

• Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf

HFC Loan

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1563 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Good Afternoon Fellow CAG forum users!

I have recently been investigating my loan through.................

Are these people a) Trustworthy b) accurate with details.

I have paid a small fee (£25) for them to get copies on my behalf of the agreements of two loan accounts, one of them being HFC.

I had a call from .... stating that the document that is on my file for my agreement is blank!

No names No amounts and No Signatures. ..... state that they would not have a leg to stand on in court and that the loan is unenforceable.

Has anyone here used these people? Can i trust them...can i do this without going through these people?

It will cost me £170 to 'go legal' and do the worst and get my loan written off. this is a small amount to be paid to write off £3k worth of loans.

Any help and advise would be grately received

Thank you

Gee

Gee,

First of all welcome the forums, it's always good to see a new face.

I personally would not pay a third party a single penny when you can do exactly the same thing for free and also have the knowledge that you are not going to get ripped off.

Do you have a copy of the agreement provided by HFC if you do can you remove all personal information and post it up.

Think long and hard before handing over any money, there is more than enough experience here and with a little input from yourself we should be able to resolve this.

Did you have PPI on the loan by any chance?

Hello,

I am currently waiting for .....to send a copy to me, the thing is, from what they ahve told me the agreement is basically a blank form.

I did not have PPI as far as i am aware! ned to look into it more tho!

how could I do this without paying soemone else?

Thnk you

oh for the record! I am not new, just dormant! thanks for your welcome tho!

Gee

Hi Crashlanding,

Will be watching your thread with interest as I have just written off to HFC to get a copy of my loan agreement.

I originally took loan out with Hamilton Direct Bank but believe HFC took them over. So hopefully did not take paperwork too..lol

Once i receive application from them, will create own thread and post it up.

That would explain it. The reason why the addition of PPI changed things is because HFC were torn a new A Hole in 2008 for the mis-selling PPI. Have a read of this. FSA fines HFC Bank £1.085 million for PPI failings

How many PPI premiums have you paid since the start of the loan, does this exceed the value of the amount outstanding.

Hey up..

I have paid £33.55 per month since the 8th November 2004.

states £1,159.67 with £853.33 interst at 27.2%!! doesnt add up!

Not sure how to work this out and any help wout be gratefully received!

Thank you

I have eduted the attachments as the images were shrunk to fit here and you cant read them. they are in the Zip file with the Default notices that have been placed against me.

any help anyone?

Certainly the PPI element of the loan can be claimed back if acceptance of the loan application was made conditional on you taking out their insurance policies. Remember, it is up to THEM to prove they did not miss sell the policies not the other way round. Having won my claim against HFC for the miss selling of PPI I'm more than happy to give you a hand. Have a read of http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/payment-protection-insurance-ppi/144551-hfc-ppi-fos-complaint.html.

WRT the enforceability of the loans as far as I can see they contain the prescribed terms so MIGHT be enforceable in a court of law, however if neither of them are signed or have your mark that is a different box of frogs completely.

If they do not have an enforceable copy of the credit agreement on file they will either admit this but still try and collect the debt or right it off. If the former the only option would be to follow the route of CPR 31.16 and when they default go legal on their arse. It sounds scary but it is not, trust me.

HFC were fined by the FSA for an astronomical amount in 2007 and will have a hard time trying to convince a judge that they did not miss sell the policies, in fact I will bet the court fee they will not even attend.

Be under no illusion that HFC or GE Money are not going to back down with out a little bit of a fight but the battle can easily be won. If i can do it then anybody can. My battle with HFC was different but I did claim back over £4k is missold PPI premiums from GE Money for my wife.

Do not under any circumstances pay a third party to do this as I expect they will use the same letters and process but charge you an arm and a leg for the privilege. There are loads of genuine people here who are happy to help, but only if you are prepared to put some time and effort in yourself. Take the bull by the horns and do it with out paying others, it can in fact be enjoyable to watch them squirm.

Badger - Thank you for your help..... I feel that I will tackle this on my own with the help from yourself if that is possible?

Are you able to put the documents up on here for me to look over that you sued to win your claim?

Thank you for your help!

(a few beers in it for you!)

Dependant on who you choose as a third party it takes the hassle out of doing it for yourself. They have the expertise and takes the pressure off you. I have gone with a third party and they have been great for me, I've had an £18k secured loan all back!!! All legal costs were covered by insurance and PPI was added to this also. Quids in for me! Total cost to me was £195 quid. Well worth it!

:pTOPBANANA:p

OMG! Yeah, I'll just say mention the name (removed - dx)  Mine is just coming through, I cant say who my lender is some sort of Gag thing. They settled out of court.

Took some getting going but once off it was all go. I paid £60 which I was told was refundable and secured and extra £5k back they took a fee but it was well worth it to me. I'd recommend them!!:)

:pTOPBANANA:p

I am dealing with someone at .....and they have given you the same fees so I think I will stick with them, how long did it take you? I calimed back £4k worth of bank charges in 8 weeks on here, what time scale will i be looking at for this to be sorted?

This is the case with my loan, I sign up with Beneficial Finance and now my office has closed, after a request for he agreement it came back blank..

I were too told that I could do the loan as long as i get PPI My loan was around the £5k mark.

I am currently in the process of getting this debt removed. but here is a question...

If they have not got a signed copy of the agreement then have I been paying a debt that doesnt exist? therefore am I entitled to get back what I have paid?

If HFC cannot provide you with a signed copy of the legal agreement for the loan then yes I believe it can be written off. If however they can find it you should still enquire into the miss selling of the PPI since they were fined for it back in 2008.

When was it that you took the loan & from which branch?

I took the loan out in 2004 from the Oldham branch which is not closed.

I have my agreement here but the one they have is blank....write your loans off (aka Joshua Brooks) said its defo agood point for me as well as having the PPI!

Ice = it is good to compare notes and experiences and what what makes this site brilliant and the donations are key to its survival!

• 10 months later...

Good afternoon,

I have a UCA case with a solicitors at the moment (80% chance of winning) and this is on hold due to they cannot get insurance to cover them for the legal fees. they are still looking for the right company to help them out (without them having to pay upfront beforhand)

I would be willing to help out to make my case go forward by purchasing some legal help insurance however, I tried to use my own legal protection from my house contents insurance but as the agreement in question was taken out before the insurance policy and therefore they cannot help.

could someone please advise me on this? what should or can I do without forking out the money upfront for the solicitors to take my case forward or advise on insurance that I can purchase that will help me.

Thank you

Graham

• 6 months later...

good Morning again!

After successful reclaiming of bank charges, I am looking to the help of CAG forums once again.

I had paid for someone to claim back my ppi on a loan which was successful at a cost.

this was dealt with HFC directly by (removed - dx)  and done fairly fast.

at the same time I was chasing an unenforceable loan agreement case with them and it had been passed over to a solicitors to deal with.

this solicitor has had my case for a year now and nothing from it due to him not being able to get insurance for the cases so until that happens then the cases are on hold.

Are there ways of getting all the information that they hold on me and pursuing this case myself with a little help from CAG forum?

I would donate to this site again upon successful completion.

thanks guys

graham

• 10 months later...

yes

just take off the total of what they paid from your total

see my sig

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

• 1 month later...

Good morning all!

in 2009 i had a default placed on a HFC loan account after i entered a debt management program. I am aware that this would be the said outcome as i was not paying the contractual amounts.

a few years later i jumped on the bandwaggon of PPI claims and i successfully claimed back a shed load of the outstanding balance. HFC closed the account and re issued me with a ne agreement with the PPI amount removed and altered the total balance due to my recent payments.

my question is:

Should they remove the default notice on my credit file as it was a false value?

If i defaulted on a loan that had PPI which i was mis sold and had to pay a premium for, then surely i should be entitled to have the notice removed from ym credit file?

if this is the case, could someone point me in the right direction to get this resolved.

thank you for your time

Graham