1st Credit, Statuate Barred ... now getting solicitors letter

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5357 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi Guys

I'm pretty sure I can at least ignore at best, tell em to sod off (again) as its a statuate barred debt but just need to check ....

Old debt from MANY years ago (must be at least 8 now since last payment? fallen off credit record etc).

I lived at Address A and got a letter from 1st Credit claiming they had purchased said debt. I sent them a "Statuate Barred" letter and didn't hear any more. I've now moved and I started receiving post about the same debt, this time I couldn't be ar**d and just shredded and threw away.

(Sadly I didn't keep the original recorded delivery receipt as it was over a year and i'd not heard anything.)

Letter 1 -

We purchased debt blah blah blah.... please call us now to avoid bailiffs/court etc. Shredded. Ignored.

Letter 2 -

How about we give you a 50% discount on your debt if you pay in 14 days? (as you can imagine, this made me laugh:lol:). Shredded. Ignoried.

Letter 3 -

We are Bloggs Solicitors, acting for our client 1st Credit. Pay up in 7 days or else!!!!!

So, I KNOW the debt is statuate barred and has been for a couple of years but, should I ignore this or send the solicitors another statuate barred? Or shall I just continue to shred/ignore?

Thanks in advance!!!

edit: They are LCS and I understand they are a part of 1st Credit which, Im guessing means they aren't even solicitors and its just a company registered to create a diferent letter head to scare people?

What sucks though is that I guess, even if they get fined/closed down, the **** at the top of the chain will still be sitting pretty.

Can you imagine how many more of these companies will spawn in the next few years with the bad debt that must be being created due to the recession?

Parasites.

Actually - the recession is hitting these cretins just as hard. Their pure greed means that no one can make the payments they are demanding. If you can't pay the OC, then they have NO chance really do they? More and more people are learning their rights - stuffing DCA's all the way.......

Makes you smile really :D

Some DCAs buy accounts with an absolute assignment which means any money recovered is theirs and they can take court action on their own without involving the OC.

With more dudd debts floating around CDAs are more likely to buy as assingnees, which means they have to consult with the oC for their actions.

In the long run, people learning their rights will help put up the operating costs of these parasitic businesses and ironically, the more we pressure them, the better they have to behave, the less they collect.:D

Oh my days....

it gets worse for "LCS Solicitors". I'm by far and away no expert on this so please help me out here but.... i've just searched on the SRA and Law Society websites for LCS Solicitors and guess what, no hits! It appears to me that these guys are impersonating a solicitors, surely there must be a law against that?

Should I raise this with the Legal Complaints Service or who?

Assuming you mean the so-called "LCS Solicitors", of course not ;)

0870 164 2073

which is VERY Similar to the original 1st Credit number of

0870 164 2045

Maybe they are about 3 desks away from each other? :lol:

A line at the bottom of the letter is a bit interesting:

LCS Solicitors is the legal division of 1st Credit Limited, Registered in England and Wales number 3752940. Registered Office: Hill House, 1 Little New Street, London, EC4A 3TR

So it does indeed appear that they are not at all a "solicitors" and just a bunch of people in 1st Credit. Can they get away with claiming they are a solicitors when infact, they aren't and they are just a department of 1st Credit?

OK -

first sadly, no fax number

second - I phoned the Solicitors Regulation Authority and sadly, they do exist and the solicitor is Robert Marr (which is who is listed on the letter). Even so, I will of course send the letter telling them to s*d off as its statuate barred. It also does mean that I can complain to the Law Complaints Service if they carry on (which the guy on the phone recommended as a course of action)