You can now change your notification sounds by going to this link https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/index.php?/&app=soundboard&module=soundboard&controller=managesounds

You can find a library of free notification sounds in several places on the Internet. Here's one which has a very large selection https://notificationsounds.com/notification-sounds

BankFodder BankFodder

BankFodder BankFodder

StuzaTheGreat

1st Credit, Statuate Barred ... now getting solicitors letter

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 3991 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Hi Guys

I'm pretty sure I can at least ignore at best, tell em to sod off (again) as its a statuate barred debt but just need to check ....

Old debt from MANY years ago (must be at least 8 now since last payment? fallen off credit record etc).

I lived at Address A and got a letter from 1st Credit claiming they had purchased said debt. I sent them a "Statuate Barred" letter and didn't hear any more. I've now moved and I started receiving post about the same debt, this time I couldn't be ar**d and just shredded and threw away.

(Sadly I didn't keep the original recorded delivery receipt as it was over a year and i'd not heard anything.)

Letter 1 -

We purchased debt blah blah blah.... please call us now to avoid bailiffs/court etc. Shredded. Ignored.

Letter 2 -

How about we give you a 50% discount on your debt if you pay in 14 days? (as you can imagine, this made me laugh:lol:). Shredded. Ignoried.

Letter 3 -

We are Bloggs Solicitors, acting for our client 1st Credit. Pay up in 7 days or else!!!!!

So, I KNOW the debt is statuate barred and has been for a couple of years but, should I ignore this or send the solicitors another statuate barred? Or shall I just continue to shred/ignore?

Thanks in advance!!!

edit: They are LCS and I understand they are a part of 1st Credit which, Im guessing means they aren't even solicitors and its just a company registered to create a diferent letter head to scare people?

Just send them the SB letter - report them to OFT as well, oh and ICO......

:)I am not an expert, but I can give good advice about Brighthouse:)

Am learning more and more about DCA's too :)

I have no legal experience and all advice given is based on the knowledge I've gained from this site.

<------If you think I have been helpful, please feel free to tip my scales - remember to put your CAG name though!

Just send them the SB letter - report them to OFT as well, oh and ICO......

and report the "solicitor" to the SRA as well :-D

S.

Are You as Anonymous on CAG as You Think You Are? *Link*

The CAG is a free help site,should you be offered help that requires payment,please report it to site team.

Deal with your debts:

STEP ONE - Dont Panic! | STEP TWO - Priority & Non Priority Debts | STEP THREE - Personal Budget Sheet | STEP FOUR - A SAFE bank Account | STEP FIVE - Dealing with Priority Debts | STEP SIX - Non-priority Debts | STEP SEVEN - Non-Priority Debt-Repayment Opt1 | STEP EIGHT - Non-Priority Debt-Repayment Opt2 | STEP NINE - Perils of Consolidation | STEP TEN - RE-Evaluate Frequently

***** SERIOUSLY IN DEBT, DONT KNOW WHAT TO DO, TRY NationalDebtLine's MoneySteps *****

IMPORTANT: Please take my advice in the spirit it is given and on the basis that I am expressing my opinion, These opinions are not endorsed by CAG in anyway and are offered informally without prejudice or warranty of any kind. These opinions are solely based upon the knowledge I've gained from this fantastic site and life in general. I have NO legal training.

and report the "solicitor" to the SRA as well :-D

S.

:lol: are they even a real solicitors? :lol:

They reckon they are, so report them anyway ;)

I have no legal experience and all advice given is based on the knowledge I've gained from this site.

<------If you think I have been helpful, please feel free to tip my scales - remember to put your CAG name though!

Fair enough :D

Thought as much re the debt etc. Thanks for re-assuring me :-)

1st crud are under the eye of the OFT at the mo so complain to everyone and anyone you can think of including your MP!!!

"To love unconditionally is the greatest gift, laughter is a close second" .To give your time to help others after being helped here is the best way to show your appreciation to your fellow CAG members.

Please note that this advice is given informally, without liability and without prejudice. Seek the advice of an insured qualified professional if you have any doubts. All my knowledge has been gained here, for which I'm very grateful. I'm a Journalist, not a law professional.

If you do PM, make sure to include a link to your thread as I don't give out advice in private ;)

BB 13 - DCAs/banks and solicitors 0.

I get a fresh start to get on with learning to live with severe disabilities when they could have had something if they'd been understanding...

<--- If you feel I've helped, please twinkle my star :)

Hello guest :)

"To love unconditionally is the greatest gift, laughter is a close second" .To give your time to help others after being helped here is the best way to show your appreciation to your fellow CAG members.

Please note that this advice is given informally, without liability and without prejudice. Seek the advice of an insured qualified professional if you have any doubts. All my knowledge has been gained here, for which I'm very grateful. I'm a Journalist, not a law professional.

If you do PM, make sure to include a link to your thread as I don't give out advice in private ;)

I get a fresh start to get on with learning to live with severe disabilities when they could have had something if they'd been understanding...

about as much as HAMPTONS are:D

SAM:pLOWELL DETESTER

SAM:pLOWELL DETESTER.

SO PROUD OF MY AVATAR,THAT TOOK ME WEEKS TO WORK OUT HOW TO GET ONE.:lol:

PLZ CLICK MY SCALES IF YOU LIKE WHAT I SAY.

OR IF I HAVE HELPED IN ANY WAY.:smile:

What sucks though is that I guess, even if they get fined/closed down, the **** at the top of the chain will still be sitting pretty.

Can you imagine how many more of these companies will spawn in the next few years with the bad debt that must be being created due to the recession?

Parasites.

It's scarey isn't it but at least the OFT is looking and that's an acheivement :D

Actually - the recession is hitting these cretins just as hard. Their pure greed means that no one can make the payments they are demanding. If you can't pay the OC, then they have NO chance really do they? More and more people are learning their rights - stuffing DCA's all the way.......

Makes you smile really :D

We're going to seeing a lot of accounts sold as equitable now as no one wants to left with a lemon :D

This means the OC is still atacthed to the accounts if they want to take court action :D

eh? (im having a stoopid day, whats that mean then?)

Some DCAs buy accounts with an absolute assignment which means any money recovered is theirs and they can take court action on their own without involving the OC.

With more dudd debts floating around CDAs are more likely to buy as assingnees, which means they have to consult with the oC for their actions.

In the long run, people learning their rights will help put up the operating costs of these parasitic businesses and ironically, the more we pressure them, the better they have to behave, the less they collect.:D

Oh my days....

it gets worse for "LCS Solicitors". I'm by far and away no expert on this so please help me out here but.... i've just searched on the SRA and Law Society websites for LCS Solicitors and guess what, no hits! It appears to me that these guys are impersonating a solicitors, surely there must be a law against that?

Should I raise this with the Legal Complaints Service or who?

With all of them ;)

Do you have a phone number for them? If so would you mind posting it on here?

:)

Assuming you mean the so-called "LCS Solicitors", of course not ;)

0870 164 2073

which is VERY Similar to the original 1st Credit number of

0870 164 2045

Maybe they are about 3 desks away from each other? :lol:

A line at the bottom of the letter is a bit interesting:

LCS Solicitors is the legal division of 1st Credit Limited, Registered in England and Wales number 3752940. Registered Office: Hill House, 1 Little New Street, London, EC4A 3TR

So it does indeed appear that they are not at all a "solicitors" and just a bunch of people in 1st Credit. Can they get away with claiming they are a solicitors when infact, they aren't and they are just a department of 1st Credit?

fax number??????? Since when do they want everything in writing?

Ringing the other number...... they play the same music as credit solutions!!! Have asked for Law society reg number.... they're stumped

Still on hold..................................................:mad:

Still on hold..................................................:mad:

:D

At least you are stopping them from calling someone else - like your style ;)

OK -

first sadly, no fax number

second - I phoned the Solicitors Regulation Authority and sadly, they do exist and the solicitor is Robert Marr (which is who is listed on the letter). Even so, I will of course send the letter telling them to s*d off as its statuate barred. It also does mean that I can complain to the Law Complaints Service if they carry on (which the guy on the phone recommended as a course of action)