You can now change your notification sounds by going to this link https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/index.php?/&app=soundboard&module=soundboard&controller=managesounds

You can find a library of free notification sounds in several places on the Internet. Here's one which has a very large selection https://notificationsounds.com/notification-sounds

BankFodder BankFodder

BankFodder BankFodder

poppyx

ESA has been stopped, despite doctor signing me off sick.

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 4020 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Hello everyone,

So glad I found this forum, I hope I get some help.

I received a letter on Friday telling me my ESA payments are going to stop as I am physically able to work, after I had a medical assessment, but I have been suffering with social anxiety and depression for over a year now and have only been on ESA since early this year, when my doctor deemed me unfit for work. I'm in pieces over this, as I care for my mother but the benefits won't recognise me as a registered carer as I apparantly do not do enough to warrant that recognition. I am going to get an appeal form today, and have an appointment with my doctor on Thursday, but does anyone know what I can do? Me and my mum are on such a low income anyway, but this has just topped it all.

I'm be grateful for any help at all, i am absolutely desperate.

You should be able to claim the basic rate of ESA whilst you appeal.

Why don't they recognise you as a carer?

They may be cross referencing. If you are saying you are unfit for work but are capable of performing caring duties for your mum it may raise a few questions.

What sort of work do they think you can do?

My advice is based on my opinion, my experience and my education. I do not profess to be an expert in any given field. If requested, I will provide a link where possible to relevant legislation or guidance, so that advice provided can be confirmed and I do encourage others to follow those links for their own peace of mind. Sometimes my advice is not what people necesserily want to hear, but I will advise on facts as I know them - although it may not be what a person wants to hear it helps to know where you stand. Advice on the internet should never be a substitute for advice from your own legal professional with full knowledge of your individual case.

Please do not seek, offer or produce advice on a consumer issue via private message; it is against

forum rules to advise via private message, therefore pm's requesting private advice will not receive a response.

(exceptions for prior authorisation)

When you complete the GL24 If you think our decision is wrong form, try to include as much supporting evidence as you can as to why you think the decision is wrong. The more supporting evidence you have for an reconsideration/appeal the better chance of the appeal being successful.

Once the GL24 is received by the BDC, your claim will go back into payment provided that you continue to send sick notes or are covered by a valid sick note.

Many GP's are misreading the letter sent to them with the outcome of the WCA stating you have been found fit to so some form of work as they miss the paragraph which tells them that they still need to provide sick notes if the claimant is appealing against the decision.

The WCA is not used to say how ill a claimant is, that is beyond doubt as sick notes are sent regularly, but to find out if here is any form of work that the claimant is capable of doing. Unfortunately there are many cases where a claimant has failed the WCA yet it is obviuous that they are incapable of doing any form of work.

The advice I give in relation to benefits should be viewed as general advice and not specific to your individual claim circumstances. I cannot give specific advice on your claim as I cannot access the claim.

If you find the advice useful please click on my scales.