• Tweets

• Sorry I didn’t think to come and update this.    So the outcome was that he went to court. Apparently the judge told the landlord off for not sending a letter before action but did nothing about it. He didn’t accept all the damages the landlord claimed, and told him off for accusing my friend of deliberately and maliciously damaging anything, and he awarded him small amounts of the damages he claimed for. The landlord had also made an awful lot of things up that never existed and accused my friend of stealing them, and the judge didn’t accept any of those claims.   However, I’m back asking advice now. So he made an offer of payment via the court forms, sometime before Christmas and straight after the hearing. The landlord didn’t reply so the court accepted the payments.  My friend has been paying the £10 a month each month. Then a couple of days ago he had received a letter from court with a hearing date in a couple of weeks, and a very irate letter from the landlord saying that my friend has consistently lied and that nothing he says should be believed, and that he wants the bailiffs to be called on him and that he absolutely refuses the payment plan. The letter is marked as received by the courts in December and this is the first that’s been sent since then. My friend and his wife are now panicked, what does this mean? And can they now get bailiffs sent round? He earns an ok wage, which somehow the landlord has referred to in his letter, but he equally has a lot of expenditure and can’t afford to pay any more. What will happen at this hearing and can they send out the bailiffs just because the landlord wants them to?    I have no clue what to advise him, can you help at all please?
    • Thanks Bank – I took your cynicism / experience on board and responded thus: Thank you for your response Mr Schnur  I set out my position quite clearly in my letter of claim and nothing has changed. Your insurance requirement is unlawful and is contrary to section 57 of the Consumer Rights Act, and also section 72 of the same statute. I would also refer you to the outcomes in PENCHEV v P2G (225MC852) and SMIRNOVS v P2G (27MC729).  My deadline for action - 1 May 2024 - still stands.
    • The other thing is that you are making a big mistake imagining that they are at all concerned about wasting court costs et cetera. They are only concerned about being obstructive and discouraging others.  
    • I have dad's last will from 2019 which mentions the trust. I am in the process of going through probate as the only thing that needs probate is a couple of shares he has (under £3000).  Speaking to my brother and my dad's wife they wouldn't mind going with another solicitor if we need to pay extra for the trust.   
    • That's fine. My taste is for something rather more brusque and that he won't forget – but it's your letter
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

Barclaycards response to my SAR!

Zorro01
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5373 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi guys and gals.

It looks like I am going to need your help again with this one. I have decided that Barclaycard are either stupid or stupid or both.

I SAR barclaycard a while back and on Saturday morning I recieved a big white envelope which I signed for and low and behold it was from Barclaycard. I open the envelope and inside was some correspondance that I had recieved from mercers and some correspondance I had recieved from Barclay's. There was also literally hundreds of screen prints that I have been through with a fine tooth comb and I still can't make any sense of the info on them infact I am pretty sure only a Barclaycard employee would make sense of them.

There was no CCA and not a single statement or anything relating to the PPI that was on the account (which they put there for me without my knowledge).

So now what do I do? I want to get all my charges back from them and they don't send me ANYTHING that I can actually use?

Any ideas and if so what time scale should I give them?

Please help cause they are really starting to get on my last nerve?

VICTORIES TO DATE THROUGH THE HELP OF THIS SITE:

1. Littlewoods Catalouge - No pursual of debt & wrote off £4500

2. Three mobile - Debt written off in full, all adverse entries including default removed from credit files, even got an apology from the Chairmans office

3. HSBC Bank - Partial refund for bank charges & claim lodged at court for outstanding charges.

4. HFC Bank - Ongoing - SAR'd in may- Going to register at court for non compliance.

5. Barclaycard - Being very awkward but Ongoing - These are a tricky bunch but they will fold before I do.

GOD BLESS CONSUMER ACTION GROUP!

Quick update. I just recieved a call from the data protection team at Barclaycard (i left them a message on saturday).

They said that in my SAR I required all info including my cca and they just said they don't have to send me one becuase it is only coverd by CCA 1974 (is this true and I can't request it in sar)? They told me that they have sent me all the info they hold on me which i strongly disputed and said I haven't recieved a single statement or anything to do with the dodgy PPI. I feel they are really trying to cover there backs about the PPi thing. They said they will get the rest of the stuff to me within 14 days (which will push them well over the 40 days time limit). Anyone got a good idea for a letter regarding the info I have mentioned in these posts???

2. Three mobile - Debt written off in full, all adverse entries including default removed from credit files, even got an apology from the Chairmans office

3. HSBC Bank - Partial refund for bank charges & claim lodged at court for outstanding charges.

4. HFC Bank - Ongoing - SAR'd in may- Going to register at court for non compliance.

5. Barclaycard - Being very awkward but Ongoing - These are a tricky bunch but they will fold before I do.

HI,

I was under the impression that a SAR should bring back everything that is related to your name. A CCA certainly meets that criteria.

Personally, I wouldn't speak to them on the phone anymore (unless you are recording it) and do everything in writing

If you are asked to deal with any matter via private message, PLEASE report it.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Please help CAG. Order this ebook. Now available on Amazon. Please click HERE

As per the screen shots with codes... did they send a list of codes and their meanings, if not they are in breach of the SAR and you should complain to the ICO.

As per the CCA, they will claim this and I've seen where the ICO has basically just turned a blind eye and suggested a s78 request to obtain it, of course we all know Barclays dont respond to s78 with anything other than terms and conditions.

See this for a proper s78 response and what it should be.. Enron quoted it on another thread so I'm just spreading it around :-Dhttp://www.creditlaw.co.uk/Documents/true%20copies.pdf

Other option to get the agreement is CPR31.16 as per this thread, although this will involve a court hearing though. http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/legal-issues/173201-why-you-shouldnt-use.html

S.

Just to add, a complaint to the ICO may take many months before anything is resolved.

So you'd be wise to go back to BC and complain. See items 18 and 19 here - The Consumer Forums - Bank charges templates (consumer)

If it's the Credit Agreement you're after, you should send a formal CCA request with the £1 fee, even though BC will only send back general T&C's. Use Letter N from here - http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/general-debt-issues/20758-creditors-dcas-letter-templates.html

If you read threads here in the BC forum, you'll see how hard BC are making it for users to get sight of their Credits Agreements.

We could do with some help from you

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?  Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

Thanks !:-)

BC have managed to send me all my statements now and they have told me they will send me my CCA / application form.

There are loads of charges on the account some of which are over limit charges. Now here is the problem that I have. On a several occassions I went over my limit when BC had taken payment for card protection / PPI which has I have mentioned in previous posts was something I wasn't even aware that I had. What should I do as they have charged interest on the over limit charge even though it was there own COMPULSARY PPI that put me in that position.

I plan to reclaim the charges but I am totally unsure as to my rights regarding the interest levied against me at the times mentioned above. Any ideas on what to do about this???

BC have managed to send me all my statements now and they have told me they will send me my CCA / application form.

There are loads of charges on the account some of which are over limit charges. Now here is the problem that I have. On a several occassions I went over my limit when BC had taken payment for card protection / PPI which has I have mentioned in previous posts was something I wasn't even aware that I had. What should I do as they have charged interest on the over limit charge even though it was there own COMPULSARY PPI that put me in that position.

I plan to reclaim the charges but I am totally unsure as to my rights regarding the interest levied against me at the times mentioned above. Any ideas on what to do about this???

The CCA should show you if you applied for PPI (but only if they actually send it). If they dont send it you can try requesting it as you think you were missold or didnt ask for PPI.

You should claim back all overlimit and late charges and claim the interest back, if you claim the s69 stat interest they'll usually pay it no problem without court, if you want contractual interest which is what they actually charge you on the amounts, you'll more than likely have to instigate court proceedings

Have you looked at the charges spreadsheet in the templates library, you'll need to input the amount of charges in there and it'll work out the interest for you.

S.

I'll do that now.

Thanks for your help.

Right I have done my letter and worked out the statuary interest and will be posting it off tomorrow. If they don't pay me then I am going to go for contractual interest through the courts if I have to.

I just need to do another letter in relation to the card protection (i have dug out a couple of templates that I will amend).

I will keep you all informed of the details when I get a response.

Not holding my breath for the CCA to turn up as promised so I may have to send a seperate letter requesting it.

Hello All.

Im afraid the plot thickens and it looks like BC have been up to mischief regarding my supposed APPLICATION FORM which has most certainly been tampered with and dockerd at some point. I took out the credit card at the end of 2006. However in 2004 I applied for a Barclaycard (which was turned down) via one of their reps in my local shopping centre. Remember the date all 2004. On the app form they sent me it refers to 2004 and signed by the guy i spoke to and yet on the very next page it has my signature and is dated 2006. So on the one form it has 2 different dates 2 years apart signed by them 2004 and signed in 2006 by me alledgedly. This so blatant it is criminal. They also sent me through an unsigned CCA that is missing the perscribed terms.

What should I do about this as I feel there is a fraud claim on the cards here....

Any ideas

Re their CCA response, I doubt you'll get far re fraud, but you may have some mileage if the doc'ts provided do not make sense.

I'd write back and point out the various discrepancies and tell them they will have to supply the correct agreement. Until then, you will pay no more.

Any amount you reclaim in charges will be set against the a/c balance if they repay voluntarily. If they don't and you go for contractual int't filing a claim at court, you should be able to get the charges and interest repaid to you direct. ;)

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

• 2 weeks later...

I am now a little concerned regarding Barclaycard and how they gather there information.

Basically this morning I have recieved a final response to my request for a CCA and details regarding payment protection / card protection that was applied to my account. They have sent me some screen prints from a Barclaycard internal software program called Weblink for Vectus 5.1 which looks like an online application etc and a page of Barclaycard conditions which has no priscribed terms regarding apr, payments etc and at the top left of this page it says continued from previous page (yet by magic there is no page sent to me with this magical first page.

Also on the screen prints there are a few issues here also. When I got my Barclaycard / when I became interested in getting one I filled in the form asking to be contacted by one of there representatives i didnt however fill in an online app only enough details for them to contact me. They have no dates on the screen prints, the maiden name they have on there is completley different than my mothers maiden name.

On the first print off it says "Insurance Sold - YES" On the second Print off it Says What the credit limit was offered and what credit limit was accepted ( i didn't find this out until during the call back that my enquiry prompted).

Is anyone familiar with recieving similar information from barclaycard as response to a CCA. Can anyone advise if what they have sent should prompt me to start paying them again.

Please bear in mind when answering this that they already tried to pass on a doctored app form with a multitude of errors on it previously and this is there response to my ACCOUNT STILL IN DISPUTE LETTER.

Someone help please.

Bump

Hi All.

I really need some advice on this otherwise I am going to have to ring them and discuss it with the muppets. Can anyone answer my query please???

Hi Zorro.

I know BC were confused about which year you took out your agreement.

Are they now suggesting you applied on-line, when you didn't. Please confirm.

Hi Slick,

Yeah thats just it. The only details I sent them online was to request a call back from one of there advisors who went through the details with me But I didn't click a box and i didn't want the payment protection. On the screen print they sent it has a box that say's mothers maiden name and if I had filled this form in online like they suggest then I would of at least gotten this part of it correct. I mean it isn't a typo or anything. Rather than my mothers maiden name it has the Name "GEMMA"?!?!?!

I called them before and they said that is there final response to the matter and to go and take it to the ombudsman. They said they will not discuss the issue any more. There are just two many Fishy things going on with this company and I truly do not trust anything they say. Some help please slick as I am at a loss of what to do now.:confused: ?????/

One more thing that might be worth me adding and I think my sucpicion may be correct about this is. On one page of the screen print it says.

"Card protection sold" To which the answer they put is "YES".

I am thinking now that the screen prints I am seeing would be from the internal system an advisor / sales / customer service person would use when to input details. Truth is though I can not prove this as a fact and I don't know how to find proof as I have already SAR'd them etc.

So, if I understand correctly, you contacted them on-line, they phoned you to d/w the application and the account was opened in 2006 as a result.

Did they send out any paperwork for you to sign afterwards.

Apart from you saying you didn't actually ask for the PPI, is there any reason why PPI would be inappropriate for you (eg you were self employed, unemployed, etc). This would be another angle from which you could reclaim the PPI.

With their dodgy paperwork, I'd be inclined to tell them the stuff they've produced so far clearly confirms their documents are highly questionable and you would therefor be happy for them to take you to court. You would then have the opportunity to prove their failings. :)

• Haha 1

The only paper work i was sent out was the "welcome to Barclaycard" stuff and then a few days later my pin and then my card. The account was opened in 2006 as stated in your post and it was the guy on the other end of the phone spealing off the facts and figures and I just said yep thanks manwell. I remember him pushing card protection and I distinctly remember telling him that I did not need it as I had a similar thing already which covered all my cards, passports etc etc and I didn;t see the point in having two. Yet it is right there on the screen print. Please also bere in mind that up until 20 days ago BC denied I had ever even had this card protection?; they said when I first started out looking into this " you have never had card protection mr zorro so we cannot help you with your enquiry" so I don't know what on earth is going on. I am going to have a think about what letter to send them and then report back.

Thanks for your help once again slick. If you have any idea's on a good letter then please let me know.

Please also bere in mind that up until 20 days ago BC denied I had ever even had this card protection?; they said when I first started out looking into this " you have never had card protection mr zorro so we cannot help you with your enquiry"

Did they give you this in writing at all?

Are you sure you didnt apply fully online, all it takes is a tick in a box to count as your signature?

See this posting as to what counts as a confirmed binding online agreement. HERE (the MBNA online application almost at the end of the post)

Hopefully not and Bcard have cocked up big time here :-D

S.

Hi the shadow,

They didn't give it me in writing I am afraid although I asked for it. Also thanks for the link in your post above. I had a look at that yesterday and I have not got anything like that sent through from barclaycard which is why I am confused by it all. And the other point I would like to make is If Barclaycard had such concerent evidence regarding my CCA why whould they doctor another one and try and pass it off as the real thing?

Would it just be a tick box on it's own or would it be with the prescribed terms and other information???

My scanner is broke at the moment but there is a link on here to someone who was sent almost identical screen shots, I will find link for you to take a look to see if what they have sent is legit.

This is the link.

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/general-debt-issues/138493-received-reply-frm-barcley.html

half way down the page is some external links to photos similar to mine. Is this proof / valid.

Hi the shadow,

Would it just be a tick box on it's own or would it be with the prescribed terms and other information???

at the time of application if you did apply online it would be after the display of the key financial information (prescribed terms).

The tickbox became accepted as a signature in December 2004. What date are Barclays claiming the account was opened... in 2004 or in 2006 now?

S.

Took out the account in 2006 and I don't think I ticked any boxes as it was merely My name address and contact number then within say 20 mins I had a guy call me back to go through my details, and boy was he pushing the card protection thing. The thing is I am probably going to have to accept now that what they have is legit and go for all my charges and card protection monies back as I can not prove that the guy on the other end of the phone didn't fill in the details for me including ticking legally binding boxes. The screen prints I have from BC look similar to a database I use to use; Kinda like a tool to assist me (or the BC customer service guy) whilst dealing with people over the phone in a manner of data inputting.

It is going to be real tough I feel to argue this in a court though I feel so would you recommend that I just go after the charges etc including PPI like I origionally planned or should I fight this one out giving all the facts I have stated in this post including forged documents and numerous incorrect info relating to me?

You can see my predicament - Its a tricky one this????

It is going to be real tough I feel to argue this in a court though I feel so would you recommend that I just go after the charges etc including PPI like I origionally planned or should I fight this one out giving all the facts I have stated in this post including forged documents and numerous incorrect info relating to me?

You can see my predicament - Its a tricky one this????

If this ever got to court then they would have to produce something showing your signature to the agreement, yes this can just be a tick in a box but it must still be set out correct and they will need to show that the prescribed terms were also displayed prior to you accepting.

If they sold it over the telephone and havent got a signature either digital or by hand then hard luck Barclaycard in my humble opinion.

You could attempt to get the PPI and charges back against the balance of this account. If the PPI "flag" on there database shows it was selected they'll argue against it but if you ask for proof you requested it? a transcript or recording of the phone call would be priceless as it potentially could show as above that you never signed anything as well as the fact you said no to PPI.

Did you ask for copies of recordings in a SAR? If they didnt provide it write asking why and threatening a complaint to the ICO if they dont provide it, would get you confirmation of whether they kept the recording or not also.

S.

• Haha 1