You can now change your notification sounds by going to this link https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/index.php?/&app=soundboard&module=soundboard&controller=managesounds

You can find a library of free notification sounds in several places on the Internet. Here's one which has a very large selection https://notificationsounds.com/notification-sounds

BankFodder BankFodder

BankFodder BankFodder

Bigbullz

JSA cont based suspended

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 4023 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Hi all

I have been on JSA Contr Based for around 13 weeks now and due to my restriction in hours for childcare purposes the gentleman who dealt with me said there may be a chance that my benefits could be suspended and my case sent to another office to see if I should continue receiving my benefit. Now I was advised a few weeks ago at a review meeting that this could happen and lo and behold on Wednesday when I went to take my JSA from the bank it hadn't gone in. I called the Jobcentre and spoke to an adviser who told me that I should have received a letter advising me that my JSA was to be suspened but I hadn't. I then was put through to the original advisor who told me about the possible suspension on the Wednesday and he said I was informed by a letter he had sent. When telling him I hadnt received the letter he asked if I would like another one sent out to which I still hadn't received on Saturday. I don't think he actually sent me the letter otherwise why would he ask if I wanted another sent? Anyway I was wondering if he had the right to suspend my JSA without advising me. I borrowed money and was needing this payment to pay it back. If I knew it was going to be suspended I would never have borrowed the money in the 1st place. Also I had signed on my usual day and no1 mentioned this to me. Could I make a complaint? Does anyone know how long it can take for a decision to be made? Any advice is appreciated.

The letter will have been sent, but it is not unusual not to receive it until several days later. The Decision Maker (DM) has to send a letter informing you as to why your claim has been sanctioned and what rules and law have been used.

You state that you weren't advised that your JSA was going to be sanctioned, yet you also state that your were advised on the 13 week review that it might be sanctioned due to the restriction you were placing on your available hours for work. Your job seekers agreement would have also stated that JSA may be sanctioned if you restrict the type or hours of work you seek and the advisor was giving you forewarning of what may happen once the claim had been sent to the DM.

With an uncertainty over payment of JSA it was inadvisable to borrow money on the basis of paying it back once the JSA payment had been made.

You can appeal the decision and can either do this in a letter to your Benefit Delivery Centre or complete a GL24 "If you think our decision is wrong" form.

The advice I give in relation to benefits should be viewed as general advice and not specific to your individual claim circumstances. I cannot give specific advice on your claim as I cannot access the claim.

If you find the advice useful please click on my scales.