Jump to content

You can now change your notification sounds by going to this link https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/index.php?/&app=soundboard&module=soundboard&controller=managesounds


You can find a library of free notification sounds in several places on the Internet. Here's one which has a very large selection https://notificationsounds.com/notification-sounds



BankFodder BankFodder


BankFodder BankFodder


Information needed

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 4021 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Recommended Posts

Hello all and what a brilliant forum!

I have been searching for some information on claiming benefits and this came up on google so here I am.


I am 54 and have worked since I was 14 (Saturdays and school holidays) I have been employed continually.


Recently I have been a bit ill. Had a few TIAs (mini-stroke) etc. I am still working but not as well as I used to. I have been with my employer for 14 years. It is a small business and struggling in these hard times but we all still have jobs for which we are grateful.


My problem is that I really feel I could get my health sorted out and be more useful at work if I could have an extended break.


I rent privately and claim no benefits at the moment. My employer is okay with me having time off, perhaps just doing a few hours a week from home to keep on top of things for a few months. This would be great for me.


The idea is that I move into a smaller house too in a different area as I am very depressed living here. He has offered me one of his places (he has a couple of properties he rents out) in a new area.


Question one. Can I get LHA for a few months if I am emplyed by the landlord? My income will be drastically reduced for these few months.


Question two Is there any other help a person like me can get for just 3 months or so until they get their health back?


I know I will be entitled to sick pay but that is less than usual wages and I have obligations and responsibilities.


I feel if I struggle on for much longer as I am I will end up either having a more serious stroke or just being too knackered and good for nothing. I don't want to lose this job and my employer doesn't want to lose me but my health and his business cannot go on like this much longer.


I would be really grateful if anyone could advise on this.


thank you.

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites


I'm sorry but I can't help you much on this but by my replying will bump your post to todays list and someone may see it however, I would have a look at this site:


Start Calculation


It may give you some ideas of what you may get by reducing your hours

If you are asked to deal with any matter via private message, PLEASE report it.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Please help CAG. Order this ebook. Now available on Amazon. Please click HERE

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks for the bump silverfox

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 Caggers

    No registered users viewing this page.

  • Have we helped you ...?

  • Create New...