Northern Rock - Is This Enforceable????

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5340 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Have seen a few like your Northern Rock one before. Not sure at the moment. They have failed to mention the amount of monthly repayment which on the face of it is a prescribed term breach, but its variable rate interest so I think they may be allowed to omit this, not sure i'm afraid

An agreement is enforceable by a court (altough a court may decide not to enforce it) oif it is signed by the debtor and has the prescribed terms. For a fixed some loan the minumum prescribed terms for a fixed sum laon are the amount of the laon and the repayment terms (amount and frequency) - yours has this, so is enforceable, provided they are correct. I can't tell of they are correct because you have removed all the numbers

The fact that they have not signed it makes it not properly executed as defined in s61 of the CCA 1974 and therefore only enforceable by a court (s65). It has the basic minimum that would mean a court could enforce it if it wanted to (without the basic minimum a court would not be able to enforce it) but it would be up to the court to decide. Usually, of course, a court wold decide to enforce it as they usually side with the creditor if they can :(

The figures in the agreement you posted add up right - I calculate monthly repayments as 148.27 and that gives an APR of 6.5% which is what is stated.

Edited by steven4064

The problem I have with this agreement is that Northern Rock have now secured this loan on the property. I want to get this charge set aside on the basis that it is unenforceable.

Can I/how do I get this sorted?

Becasue it is not properly executed it can only be enforced by court order. The court has discetion about whether or not to grant an enforcement order but are only prohibted from so doing if the basic requirements of s127 are not met. However, in your case, they are met. So you would be completely at the mercy of the court.

can I still apply to set aside on the basis that it was not properly executed, and that in any event the amount was included in BR. Also, what are the basic requirements of S127 and how do I put all of this in submitting a court case for consideration????

You could point that out but I don't think it will help you very much because, as I have already said, the terms prescribed in schedule 6 of the Consumer Credit (Agreements) Regulations 1983 are in your agreement.

I think the correct way to phrase it is to say that the agreement does not comply with the requirements of s61 of the CCA 1974 and so is not properly executed. It is therefore unenforceable (note - that is, unenforceable by NR) and ask for a set aside on that basis.

• 2 weeks later...

I cant really believe this, but I requested two spearate information requests pursuant to S77 and S78 of the Consumer Credit Act 1974. The loans were in both names.

One was made by me, one by my wife.

My copy request agreement came back unsigned and as a result of it being unenforceable, I have applied to the court to get the judgement they had on the debt set aside.

My wife's copy came back - same agreement that I had, but this one was signed!

This copy of loan agreement request was made after I applied to have it set aside on unenforceability!!! I am thinking that they realised the loan agreement was unenforceable after I applied to have it set aside. When my wife asked for a copy they signed it!!

I think that there is something dogey going on, but I do not know what to do.

I have also received a date from the court to hear my application to set aside which is first week in September.

Can anyone, please, please help!!!! (I also dont know how to pm anyone!!)

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi,

I have two CCJ's (after determination) 'before a proper officer' relating to two Northern Rock claims against me and my wife.

One of the claims had an admission, but with no defence.

Other had admission files, but with no defence.

These subsequently become charging orders against my property, even though I was in an IVA, and subsequent bankruptcy. Both of these debts were included in my IVA. My wife tried an IVA, got refused by Northern Rock (who were the main creditor) and Northern Rock then got two charging orders on my wife's (only) beneficial interest.

I am now in the process of setting these judgements aside and have a hearing on the 2nd September 2009.

Any help on how to get this set aside and remove the charging orders will be absolutely fab!!

many thanks,

Hi,

I have two CCJ's (after determination) 'before a proper officer' relating to two Northern Rock claims against me and my wife.

One of the claims had an admission, but with no defence.

Other had admission files, but with no defence.

These subsequently become charging orders against my property, even though I was in an IVA, and subsequent bankruptcy. Both of these debts were included in my IVA. My wife tried an IVA, got refused by Northern Rock (who were the main creditor) and Northern Rock then got two charging orders on my wife's (only) beneficial interest.

I am now in the process of setting these judgements aside and have a hearing on the 2nd September 2009.

Any help on how to get this set aside and remove the charging orders will be absolutely fab!!

many thanks,

Hi,

I had a mortgage review with Northen Rock, (c**p together mortgage!)

20/11/05 they sent me a letter saying "thank you for your offer of loan acceptance form, deed of variation, and credit agreement."

It also said that "completion of my mortgage review took place on the 01/12/05."

However,

The Credit agreement was signed by me on 27/11/05

The credit agreement was signed by them on 20/12/05

Also, no face to face discussions, didnt sign on the premises, didnt give me any details on how to cancel the agreement

Surely, this agreement is unenforceable???

Please can someone help??

:confused::confused::confused::confused::confused: