• Tweets

• Hi all,   It's been a while since I last posted.   We were due to fly LHR - Mex - Lap (return) with AeroMexico on May 2nd.   The flights were booked with Netflights (owned by dnata).   We have requested a refund from Netflights who have stated they will only issue our refund when (and if) they receive a refund from AeroMexico. 😡   Can anybody tell me who my contract of sale is with, Netflights or the airline?   Is this even relevant?    Who should be refunding me?   Thank you for any help.   Regards.
    • All Talk Talk Direct debits/standing orders, etc were all cancelled correctly and set up for BT. Talk Talk took the money from my debit card details which they had retained. I have now blocked this too. I just want my money back!
    • On the basis it was a direct debit from the bank. Why did you not use the DD guarantee and insist the bank refunds the money.     
    • Basically i can claim for my excess and loss of earnings as i was self employed and cost for hire of van, solicitors have asked for uninsured losses, if lossess are not included in claim i cant recover them at later date the letter states.  
    • Hi All,   On 26th May this year I called my broadband/phone service provider, Talk Talk, to inform them that I would be leaving them and moving to BT at the end of the month.  My contract with Talk Talk had officially ended back in October 2019 and I was just paying them on a monthly basis for continued service. I was advised that I did not need to do anything, as arrangements would be made on my behalf to keep my existing number etc between Talk Talk and BT.  I began my contract with BT on 1st June.  I cancelled my bank payment arrangements to Talk Talk and set up new ones for BT. I then received a bill from Talk Talk for June's monthly charges, which I ignored as I was no longer a customer, I owed them nothing, and they were not providing me with any kind of service. I then received a second bill from Talk Talk for July's monthly charges. I called Talk Talk to explain their error but they insisted that I was still a customer using their services.  This was despite me proving that I have been a BT customer for the past two months and paying BT for services that Talk Talk are claiming to be theirs. Talk Talk then took £60.39 from my bank account on 2nd August, despite having no authority or consent from me to do so.  I complained to my bank and they explained that utility companies hold on to customers payment details (despite GDPR) and this practice is common.  I have now instructed my bank to refuse any further payments to Talk Talk, by any means!. I phoned Talk Talk to complain and insist they repaid my money immediately as it had been obtained fraudulently and they are not providing any service to me anymore.  The adviser couldn't help much, but promised me a call from a manager later in the week.  The call never materialised. I called Talk Talk myself today, and after nearly four hours of phone calls, being put on hold, transferred, being made promises and making more calls, I have got nowhere. One manager did offer a token £30 payment which I obviously turned down.  I eventually hung up after being put on hold for over 20 minutes during a call lasting over an hour. These people are ignorant at best and impossible to deal with. Please could someone advise me on how to get my £60.39 back from these people?  
  • Our picks

• Curry’s cancelled my order but took the money anyway. Read more at https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/423055-curry%E2%80%99s-cancelled-my-order-but-took-the-money-anyway/
      • 11 replies
    • Father passed away - Ardent Credit Services (Vodafone) now claiming he owes money. Read more at https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/423040-father-passed-away-ardent-credit-services-vodafone-now-claiming-he-owes-money/
      • 9 replies
    • Currys Refuse Refund F/Freezer 5day old. Read more at https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/422656-currys-refuse-refund-ffreezer-5day-old/
      • 6 replies
    • Hi,  
      I was in Sainsbury’s today and did scan and shop.
      I arrived in after a busy day at work and immediately got distracted by the clothes.

I put a few things in my trolley and then did a shop.
      I paid and was about to get into my car when the security guard stopped me and asked me to come back in.

I did and they took me upstairs.
      I was mortified and said I forgot to scan the clothes and a conditioner, 5 items.
      I know its unacceptable but I was distracted and Initially hadn’t really planned to use scan and shop.

No excuse.
      I offered to pay for the goods but the manager said it was too late.
      He looked at the CCTV and because I didn’t try to scan the items he was phoning the police.

The cost of the items was about £40.
      I was crying at this point and told them I was a nurse, just coming from work and I could get struck off.

They rang the police anyway and they came and issued me with a community resolution notice, which goes off my record in a year.
      I feel terrible. I have to declare this to my employer and NMC.

They kept me in a room on my own with 4 staff and have banned me from all stores.
      The police said if I didn’t do the community order I would go to court and they would refer me to the PPS.

I’m so stressed,
      can u appeal this or should I just accept it?

Thanks for reading 
      • 16 replies
natalie

New ESA Claim

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 4055 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

My partner has serious health problems following chemo and radiotherapy (as well as some serious mistakes during his treatment) all of which took place around 10 years ago.

He has ALWAYS worked even though he has struggled.

Last September his health took a serious dive and our GP has told him categorically he is not allowed to work.

He has now moved in with me and we have applied for disability allowance and ESA.

I am currently on long term incapacity benefit.

We have just had back a letter about his ESA to tell us he is going to get £11.15 a week :S

Surely there is some mistake

If you find my post helpful please click on the scales at the top. Thank you

FAQ SECTION HERE

Halifax Bank Claim filed and settled

Halifax Credit Card settled

Argos Store Card settled

CCA requests sent to

Halifax Credit Card

LLoyds TSB Credit Card

Capital One

Moorcroft (Argos)

NDR

18/06/09

Okay, we have a little more information now, in that the DWP only take the last 2 tax years into account when calculating NI contributions, so even though he has paid into the system for 18 years, that is now irrelevant. The fact that he didnt claim benefits when he has been ill over the last 2 years, preferring instead to use his savings goes against him.

I really need some advice on where to go with this, we have contacted our MP, and SSAFA, but have no idea what to do next.

FAQ SECTION HERE

Argos Store Card settled

CCA requests sent to

Halifax Credit Card

LLoyds TSB Credit Card

Capital One

Moorcroft (Argos)

NDR

18/06/09

For a contribution based claim the DWP will look at the three tax years prior to the benefit year, known as relevant income tax years (RITY's). In your case the benefit year is 2009, so the RITY's used will be 05/06, 06/07 and 07/08.

In order to get ESA© (contribution based ESA) you will need to satisfy both the FCC (First Contribution Condition) and the SCC (Second Contribution Condition).

The first contribution condition.

In order to qualify for contribution based ESA you must have:

• actually paid Class 1 contributions in one of the three last complete tax years on earnings of 25 times the lower earnings limit for that particular year; or
  • 25 Class 2 contributions in any of the three last complete tax years; or
  • a mixture of Class 1 and Class 2 totalling 25 in any of the three last complete tax years.

Class 1 National Insurance contributions are paid by employed people as a percentage of their earnings. Class 2 NI contributions are paid by self-employed people at a standard weekly rate.

The second contribution condition.

In addition to meeting the first condition you must also have paid (or have been treated as having paid) Class 1 or Class 2 contributions amounting to at least 50 times the lower earnings limit in each of the two relevant tax years.

The relevant tax years are those that precede the benefit year in which the claim is made. To make things a little more complex, the benefit year runs from the first Sunday in January whereas the tax year starts on April 6th.

Contribution credits count as Class 1 credits and can be used to help you meet the second contribution condition. You are credited for each full week that you receive-

• incapacity benefit or
  • employment and support allowance or

• statutory sick pay or
  • severe disablement allowance or
  • income support due to incapacity for work or
  • maternity allowance or
  • jobseeker's allowance or
  • carer's allowance or
  • adoption pay

Most claims are assesed for ESA© and ESA(IR) (income related), should you fail to satisfy the FCC and SCC then the claim will be ESA(IR). With ESA(IR) all other income, together with capital between £6000 and £16000, is taken into account. Presuming you have claimed as a couple, then your IB income will have been deducted from the ESA(IR) applicable amount hence the £11.15 per week our partner has been awarded. Had your partner been awarded ESA© then your income would not have affected their amount of ESA©

The advice I give in relation to benefits should be viewed as general advice and not specific to your individual claim circumstances. I cannot give specific advice on your claim as I cannot access the claim.

If you find the advice useful please click on my scales.

This is the bit we dont understand, because firstly they have said they are only looking at 2 years (tax year ending apr 2007, and apr 2008) and also the tax year ending Apr 2007 he worked, as an employee, for near enough the full tax year (he ended March 07) earning in excess of 50K a year.

We have contacted the tax office and they are sending him a full breakdown of all the NI contributions he has ever made.

What is the lower earnings limit?

FAQ SECTION HERE

Argos Store Card settled

CCA requests sent to

Halifax Credit Card

LLoyds TSB Credit Card

Capital One

Moorcroft (Argos)

NDR

18/06/09

For 07/08 £87.00, for 06/07 £84.00, for 05/06 £82.00

If your partner finds from HMRC that he paid enough contributions to satisfy the FCC in any one of the three RITY's, appeal against the decision made. FCC looks at the previous three RITY's and the SCC the previous two.

The advice I give in relation to benefits should be viewed as general advice and not specific to your individual claim circumstances. I cannot give specific advice on your claim as I cannot access the claim.

I'm confused, so in order to satisify SCC you have to have paid 50 times £84 / £87 NI?

FAQ SECTION HERE

Argos Store Card settled

CCA requests sent to

Halifax Credit Card

LLoyds TSB Credit Card

Capital One

Moorcroft (Argos)

NDR

18/06/09

I thinkthis is the level of earnings per week to qualify for NI credits but someone more knowledgable will probanly be along later.

Also you may already have done it but browse thr forum to help with applying for DLA. Good luck

IF I HAVE BEEN ANY HELP AT ALL OR JUST MADE YOU LAUGH AT MY STUPIDITY PLEASE MARK MY PERFORMANCE!

ALSO REMEMBER TO DONATE. EVERY LITTLE HELPS AND THE FORUMS ARE FOR YOU!;)

I'm confused, so in order to satisify SCC you have to have paid 50 times £84 / £87 NI?

Yes, or treated as, having paid 50 times LEL, £4200 and £4350 respectively. NI credits gained from benefit claims will count towards this.

That would mean that anyone earning under 40k wouldnt be able to claim contribution based benefits, because they wouldnt be earning enough to have paid that amount of NI.

FAQ SECTION HERE

Argos Store Card settled

CCA requests sent to

Halifax Credit Card

LLoyds TSB Credit Card

Capital One

Moorcroft (Argos)

NDR

18/06/09

£4200 not £42000

IF I HAVE BEEN ANY HELP AT ALL OR JUST MADE YOU LAUGH AT MY STUPIDITY PLEASE MARK MY PERFORMANCE!

But to have PAID £4200 of NI, you would have to be earning in excess of £40k

FAQ SECTION HERE

Argos Store Card settled

CCA requests sent to

Halifax Credit Card

LLoyds TSB Credit Card

Capital One

Moorcroft (Argos)

NDR

18/06/09

No I think you can earn this amount before having to pay NI but still build up contributions Look at this sitehttp://www.hmrc.gov.uk/rates/nic.htm

Lower Earnings Limit (LEL)

This is the minimum level of earnings that an employee needs to qualify for benefits, such as Retirement Pension and Jobseekers Allowance. If an employee’s earnings reach or exceed this level, but do not exceed the Earnings Threshold, they will not pay National Insurance contributions but will be treated as having paid them when claiming benefit. For this reason, you must keep details of an employee’s earnings at or above the LEL on a form P11 or equivalent record and report them at the end of the year on a form P14.

Earnings Threshold (ET)

When the earnings exceed this level National Insurance contributions become payable by the employee and employer.

Upper Accrual Point (UAP)

The UAP is set at £770 a week, £3,337 a month, and £40,040 a year. Employers and their employees who are members of contracted-out occupational pension schemes pay NICs at the reduced contracted-out rate up to the UAP only. They then pay NICs at the higher standard rate on the employee’s earnings between the UAP and the UEL.

Upper Earnings Limit (UEL)

Where earnings exceed the UEL, the employee pays National Insurance contributions at 1 per cent on those earnings above the UEL. The UEL does not apply to employer’s National Insurance contributions, which are payable on all earnings above the Earnings Threshold, including those above the UEL, at the appropriate rate.

Ahh right, so the £4200 is what you need to have earned not what you need to have paid.

Cool cheers.

They've definitely messed up but we'll know for sure when we get the info from the Inland Revenue.

FAQ SECTION HERE

Argos Store Card settled

CCA requests sent to

Halifax Credit Card

LLoyds TSB Credit Card

Capital One

Moorcroft (Argos)

NDR

18/06/09