You can now change your notification sounds by going to this link https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/index.php?/&app=soundboard&module=soundboard&controller=managesounds

You can find a library of free notification sounds in several places on the Internet. Here's one which has a very large selection https://notificationsounds.com/notification-sounds

BankFodder BankFodder

BankFodder BankFodder

mrsv_123

advice re: jobseeker's allowance eligibility

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 4026 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Hi everyone.

I have recently made a claim for jsa and housing benefit, however I have been told that, as my last student loan installment was given on the 1st April 2009, (I am now finished uni.) that I may be unable to claim jsa or housing benefit for another 6 weeks (approximate time that the loan Should have lasted me according to the amount the government says I need to live on). the amount was £1090. i pay a high amount of rent and I moved house a couple of months ago, so this took a chunk out of my money. plus I didnt realise there would be a problem. (well, i thought id be able to find a job!!) is anyone else in this situation? I actually broke down in tears at my jobcentre on hearing this because if this happens, im totally screwed and i'll be homeless. (hoping this will also go in my favour if im questioned). any help would be much appreciated. thank you

Hi everyone.

I have recently made a claim for jsa and housing benefit, however I have been told that, as my last student loan installment was given on the 1st April 2009, (I am now finished uni.) that I may be unable to claim jsa or housing benefit for another 6 weeks (approximate time that the loan Should have lasted me according to the amount the government says I need to live on). the amount was £1090. i pay a high amount of rent and I moved house a couple of months ago, so this took a chunk out of my money. plus I didnt realise there would be a problem. (well, i thought id be able to find a job!!) is anyone else in this situation? I actually broke down in tears at my jobcentre on hearing this because if this happens, im totally screwed and i'll be homeless. (hoping this will also go in my favour if im questioned). any help would be much appreciated. thank you

Hi there,

My partner and I have both finished uni recently - so that I can help you, may I ask when the official end date of your course is? You will know this as this the date to which you will be/should be council tax exempt to.

Regards,

TFT

09/07/09 :)Business Studies BA(Hons) 2:1:)

eCar Insurance overpayment - £325

Settled in full - 15/09/08

NatWest Student A/C bank charges - £260

Settled under hardship scheme - 08/06/09

Natwest Business A/C bank charges - £60

Settled in full as GOGW - 20/04/09

Santander Consumer Finance late payment fees - £60

Part settled for £48 - 01/03/08

Peugeot Finance late payment fees - £50

Settled in full before county court hearing - 01/09/09

Peugeot Finance overpayment of £247

Settled in full - 01/12/08

Valley Leisure - complaint about collections agent

£160 part refund of gym membership in compensation - 01/02/09

HFC Bank - complaint about payment deducted from my account on wrong date

GOGW £10 - 01/05/09

Hiya,

my course end date was June 22nd. and that was the day i signed on/made my claim for JSA.

thanks,