Halifax's pursuit of unfair bank charges

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5406 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Having helped my wife with another issue my daughter now comes with a problem with Halifax.

They are threatening court action over an amount, which albut £8 is made up of unfair bank charges. I have written on behalf of my daughter some time ago and advised them that these should be repaid and received all the usual guff regarding action be stayed pending the "court case" etc etc, but still insisted on the amount (just under £400 - £300 over her overdraft limit) being repaid.

In the meanwhile my aughter has taken out an parachute account elsewhere.

I wrote again saying that they can not demand this money until the dipute is resolved. As a final response they have written back and basically said pay up or else as they still have an entitlement to levy these charges and collect what they call outstanding debts. She has also received a strongly worded and threatening letter from the "Pre-Court Division" of Moorcroft Debt Recovery dated 01 July say that if the money was not received by 08 July legal action would commence.

Can anyone advise what to do?

Yep, write back and state you look forward to them taking you to court and you will vigorously defend the action. Can I ask how far back you have gone with the charges?

FSA Waiver on Bank Charges:http://www.fsa.gov.uk/pages/Doing/Regulated/Notify/Waiver/pdf/dir_quart_0709.pdf

Will do.

Is their any legislation or anything like, that prohibits litigation in cases like this where the amount is disputed?

Edited by arbo
poor grammer & spelling late in the night (time for bed)

Will do.

Is their any legislation or anything like, that prohibits litigation in cases like this where the amount is disputed?

The answer is no, but they would not only be foolish but kamikaze if they want to take the case to court.

FSA Waiver on Bank Charges:http://www.fsa.gov.uk/pages/Doing/Regulated/Notify/Waiver/pdf/dir_quart_0709.pdf

OK, I will write to them and tell them "to bring it on", see what happens & rely on the good folk of this website for assistance when / if the cc claim arrives.

I have thought about making a harrassment complaint to the Financial Ombudsman. Do you think it is worth doing?

OK, I will write to them and tell them "to bring it on", see what happens & rely on the good folk of this website for assistance when / if the cc claim arrives.

I have thought about making a harrassment complaint to the Financial Ombudsman. Do you think it is worth doing?

If you have written to them to keep everything in writing and have a log of all calls received then yes, if not then the problem is proving it.

Phone calls have been avoided, but my daughter's got the file of correspondence to show their continued pursuit of the amount despite the amount being disputed and them refusing to deal with the dispute, so may just give it a go!

Edited by arbo
spelling