You can now change your notification sounds by going to this link https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/index.php?/&app=soundboard&module=soundboard&controller=managesounds

You can find a library of free notification sounds in several places on the Internet. Here's one which has a very large selection https://notificationsounds.com/notification-sounds

BankFodder BankFodder

BankFodder BankFodder

_Kermit_

Robinson Way Default - Disputed

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 4017 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Hope someone can help me! We are currently about to apply for a mortgage, however a few weeks ago a default appeared on my credit report from Experian. On investigation, it is from Robinson Way regarding an unpaid utility bill from British Gas for a hundred pounds for an old address. No correspondance was ever recieved from either company, and had I not have checked my credit report I would probably have never known about the bill.

This was paid immediately, though the default remains. I have made numerous telephone calls to RW and have emailed and written to them to remove the default as believe the unpaid bill was not my fault. BG or RW never contacted me in anyway to ask for payment, even though a forwarding address was left with the letting agent.

I was promised on an initial call to RW that they will remove the default due to the circumstances and immediate response in me settling the bill, however, I am still waiting. Since calling again, they now advise it will not be removed and just deemed as settled, though I have persued and disputed this in writing as feel it should be removed completely, 3 weeks later I have heard nothing.

From reading other posts in here, many of you have had issues with this company, any help would be grately appreciated as we fear we may have our mortgage application declined for such a silly amount.

Thanks,

Hi,

sorry you were missed.

Robbers Way didn't put the default on your credit file, BG did but the name of the creditor was changed when the debt was sold.

I would write to BG and complain as they never chased you to get you to pay the debt.

Write to experian telling them that you believe the default is incorrect and see what they do.

You are allowed to put a (up to)200 word statement alongside the default to explain to anybody reading your file

If you are asked to deal with any matter via private message, PLEASE report it.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Please help CAG. Order this ebook. Now available on Amazon. Please click HERE

Thanks for the reply silverfox.

I have rang british gas today and the £100 i paid thinking it was for outstanding elec bill is for a Gas bill!!!

Best thing is it was a second floor apartment and has no Gas going to the property and British Gas has no record of me or supplying Gas to that address.

So my question is will British Gas remove the default and will RW refund me the £100 i paid to them?

As both companies keep messing me around.

Thanks

Oh No, not BG again!

Throw all of your toys out of the cot;

demand that BG remove the adverse data from your CRA files and;

yes, demand repayment of the £100.

BG, instructed the debt collector; Robinson Way, therefore it is up to BG to put matters right.

AC

Hello everyone,

Right after going back and forward with BG and RW it turns out that the Gas Bill was for the address is was at 2 years ago....

When i left the property in Feb 2007 i contacted BG and was told there was a Bill of £50 of which i paid over the phone with my card, so i thought that was that and left the property.

So the Default shows up on my report last month etc etc and after going round and round with BG they have admitted it was an error on there side and have deemed it settled/satisfied and are posting me a letter saying its there error.

Problem is ive had my Mortgage Application turned down today due to this default, my motgage advisor says he can take the letter to the lenders to prove this and fingers crossed get my mortgage.

My Question is if BG are admitting its there error and are putting it in writing why cant they reomve the default completley???

Any help would be great and thanks for the prev replys guys...

demand bg remove the default

its down to them to remove the default as its there error

if they give some crap saying its robbers ways problem, remind them that they sold a non exsistant debt and you will be claming damages for the mortgage that was turned down

remind british gas that robbers way are there agents so british gas are resposable for robbers way actions

hi can anyone open a new thread for me as i seem unable to do it?

Scroll to the bottom of Debt Collection Industry - The Consumer Forums & click 'new thread' ;)

Anthrax alert at debt collectors caused by box of doughnuts

Make sure you do not post anything which identifies you. Although we can remove certain things from the site unless it's done in a timely manner everything you post will appear in Google cache & we do not have any control over that.

Vir prudens non contra ventum mingit

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

17 Port & Maritime Regiment RCT