Giving My Car Back

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5396 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

So much for phoning and discussing payment issues with your creditors. I have my little car on HP from Santander. Got behind about 2 months in total and phoned them and they're not interested. Told me to come to an agreement to pay the arrears back within 2 months along with my regular payments or have it repossessed within 11 days.

I agreed and crippled myself last month and I'm not doing it again this month so I've written to voluntarily terminate. My dad's buying me a cheap runaround for £600 instead.

However, when they come to get the car what do I put down on the V5 ? That I've transferred it to Santander ?

Thanks for your help, anyone.

Cheers,

Lynda~:confused:

• 2 weeks later...

Well, they collected the car about a week after my letter was received. Said they'd charge me £50 for the inspection and collection which I found pretty reasonable.

Horror of horrors, I can't find my V5 anywhere !! DVLA wanted £25 to get a copy but Santander said if it wasn't present it was an additional £25 charge so there was no point in me getting a copy with my name on.

I DO still owe £1500+ but at least now I hope to be able to pay that when it suits me without the threat hanging over my head of them coming to take my vehicle from me.

All in all this seems better than some of the VT arrangements I've read about on here. OK, they didn't want to work with me to sort out the continued loan but they were at least helpful AFTER I terminated.

Love Lynda XX :)