You can now change your notification sounds by going to this link https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/index.php?/&app=soundboard&module=soundboard&controller=managesounds

You can find a library of free notification sounds in several places on the Internet. Here's one which has a very large selection https://notificationsounds.com/notification-sounds

BankFodder BankFodder

BankFodder BankFodder

• Tweets

• Thanks for this update. Obviously I'm very pleased that your guitar has been delivered and that you don't have to take any further action about this. On the other hand, I'm slightly disappointed because I was hoping that this might be an opportunity to deliver a serious slap against Hermes. Anyway, who knows why it happened like this – but the most important thing is that the item has been delivered and you're not out of pocket – and also probably you have learned a good lesson – don't use Hermes – or Packlink. It's a recipe for trouble.  
    • The assets are allegedly linked to more than $4.5bn stolen from the Malaysian state investment fund. View the full article
    • I have debts of my own and will sort another advice separate for them as now I’m not working and a full time carer for wife & daughter I’m struggling to pay them so will want advice on letters to send them for reduced payments etc But for now I need to know what to do about PayPal as its really making me worry and is making me ill but ive got to try be strong and put on brave face for wife & daughter I dont want them picking up on something is wrong & worrying me
    • Help & Advice wanted on PayPal debt please I had someone staying with me for a while before they moved away and they had access to my PayPal account and was buying a few things and giving me the money no problem but then unknown to me until it was to late they had a gambling problem also and last off used my PayPal to fund online gambling . They ended up using £5,000 through PayPal and the first I knew was when I went to do some online banking and seen £1200 went out of my bank for PayPal so I looked straightaway and stopped / cancelled my bank letting PayPal take from my account . Then I logged on to PayPal and seen transactions 1 after another this going to total the £5,000 so I unlinked my bank & cards from PayPal account . Then nearly 2 weeks after I started getting emails and messages saying my account was in negative balance for £3,800 because they already had the £1200 . I’m in a bit of debt anyway and struggling so for this to happen left me feeling very ill to find they have spent thousands and left me without anything no money to live on or feed family even at the time as that £1200 that was took out of my account was all I had, I’m very annoyed and feeling very mad and very ill. Ive no idea how I can put this right as got no work no money because My wife got struck down with illness and disabled and I also have special needs daughter so I’m now a full time carer for both wife and daughter . I need to sort this but dont know how or best way to go about it. Ive had emails from PayPal and ive replied and explained plus went on live chat etc and asked for it to be logged and for them to please come to some payment agreement even though I cant afford it I know I got to put things right somehow but had no joy in chat and was just told pay into PayPal what I owe. So again I get emails and I reply but not getting any reply back to my emails . Ive not told my ill disabled wife about this right now as it would push her over the top and make her more ill thinking about it and its her Nephew to top things off so I know it would destroy her . Ive tried talking to someone with PayPal in live chat etc and emails as said asked if it can be logged showing ive been in touch regarding this matter and need to try sort it and also asked for them to contact me in writing so hopefully we can come to some sort of agreement to put this right but so far its been about 31 days now since account been in negative and ive had no phone calls or letters from them yet So what can I do and whats best way to deal with this I’m trying to pursue the person for these funds as we speak but know I’m not going to get anywhere
    • The US House Speaker said the law was a "brutal, sweeping crackdown" against Hong Kong's people. View the full article
  • Our picks

• Currys Refuse Refund F/Freezer 5day old. Read more at https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/422656-currys-refuse-refund-ffreezer-5day-old/
      • 5 replies
    • Hi,  
      I was in Sainsbury’s today and did scan and shop.
      I arrived in after a busy day at work and immediately got distracted by the clothes.

I put a few things in my trolley and then did a shop.
      I paid and was about to get into my car when the security guard stopped me and asked me to come back in.

I did and they took me upstairs.
      I was mortified and said I forgot to scan the clothes and a conditioner, 5 items.
      I know its unacceptable but I was distracted and Initially hadn’t really planned to use scan and shop.

No excuse.
      I offered to pay for the goods but the manager said it was too late.
      He looked at the CCTV and because I didn’t try to scan the items he was phoning the police.

The cost of the items was about £40.
      I was crying at this point and told them I was a nurse, just coming from work and I could get struck off.

They rang the police anyway and they came and issued me with a community resolution notice, which goes off my record in a year.
      I feel terrible. I have to declare this to my employer and NMC.

They kept me in a room on my own with 4 staff and have banned me from all stores.
      The police said if I didn’t do the community order I would go to court and they would refer me to the PPS.

I’m so stressed,
      can u appeal this or should I just accept it?

Thanks for reading 
      • 6 replies
    • The courier industry – some basic points for customers. Read more at https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/421913-the-courier-industry-%E2%80%93-some-basic-points-for-customers/
      • 1 reply
    • The controversial sub-prime lender says the City watchdog is investigating its practices.
      View the full article
      • 0 replies
clemma

I've been sent home from work....

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 4009 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

......as I have symptoms of swine flu (apparently). I'm feverish, extremely tired, aching and have a major headache.

Am hoping it is just a normal bout of cold - although I have been in contact with someone in last few days whose suspected of having it, and his son definitely has it :eek:

Not good :(

Night night folks

:)I am not an expert, but I can give good advice about Brighthouse:)

Am learning more and more about DCA's too :)

I have no legal experience and all advice given is based on the knowledge I've gained from this site.

<------If you think I have been helpful, please feel free to tip my scales - remember to put your CAG name though!

Take it easy Clemms, hope all is well. The experts are saying to just stay indoors ans drink plenty of fluids (preferably water). Also use the usual paracetamols and stuff. Most peeps get over it as if it is a regular cold. If not, you can ring NHS direct who will advise you further. They say that you don't even have to go to your GP as it is very few people who have major problems.

If all else fails, kick them where it hurts and SOD'EM;)

Guest wino

Get well soon Clemma. Just think of all the extra time you can spend on here if your not in work.:p

take it easy then girl

hope you get your own back on him the "SWINE" :rolleyes:

NEVER FORGET

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Help Our Hero's Website

http://www.helpforheroes.org.uk/

HIGHWAY OF HEROES

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/bear-garden/181826-last-tribute-our-lads.html

Like Cooking ? check the Halogen Cooker thread

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/bear-garden/218990-cooking-halogen-cookers.html

Thanks all.

I've had the Doctor on the phone as I was getting a bit concerned......he is organising a drop-off of tamiflu for me in next couple of hours. I'm just listed as suspected now, but he said it's better to start the medication straight away.

Am now not allowed to leave the house - not even to go to the cash point to get some money for the prescription. Have warned the lodger, and he is happy to go to shop etc., for me should I need it. Have informed work - but they don't seem to believe me - have told them to come round later so I can prove it with the prescription.

Am not happy as I am going to lose a lot of pay (like 40 hours worth) and am supposed to be travelling to Hastings on Thursday - can't do it now which is really getting me down. One thing though - I can travel if I feel better - so everyone keep fingers crossed for me. Also, because of pre-booked holidays, am now not back at work until 23rd July :D

As for the person who passed it on - grrrrrr not impressed. Will give him a smack when I next see him.

I have no legal experience and all advice given is based on the knowledge I've gained from this site.

<------If you think I have been helpful, please feel free to tip my scales - remember to put your CAG name though!

As for the person who passed it on - grrrrrr not impressed. Will give him a smack when I next see him.

THE SWINE!!!!!:p

errrrrrrr i already said that :rolleyes:

NEVER FORGET

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Help Our Hero's Website

HIGHWAY OF HEROES

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/bear-garden/181826-last-tribute-our-lads.html

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/bear-garden/218990-cooking-halogen-cookers.html

:D:D

My Bad:-|.

Take it easy Clemma

My advice is given based on personal experience and any useful information I've picked up over the years. Always seek professional advice if there's any doubt.

<Please feel free to click on the star if you think I've been helpful

So this little piggy can't go to the market?

Can't improve on Sod'em's advice.

Well I'm in one of the 'flu hot-spots. Although it is, apparently, quite a mild variety, if I get it, I will probably be in hospital.

Apparently, it doesn't mix well with diabetes, heart failure and kidney problems..... I might have to resort to wearing a hijab.

muslim_veil.jpg

If this has been useful to you, please click on the scales at bottom left of post. Thanks.

Advice & opinions of Rooster-UK are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Please use your own judgment.

-------------------------------------------------------

LOOK! Free CAG Toolbar.

Follow link for more information.

------------------------------------------------------

Please donate,

Help us to help others.

LINKS....

Forum Rules.

FAQs....

how the hell will you fit that big orange nose under that ? :rolleyes:

NEVER FORGET

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Help Our Hero's Website

HIGHWAY OF HEROES

:lol::lol:

get well soon clemma

take it sloooooooooooooooooooooooow

SAM:pLOWELL DETESTER

SAM:pLOWELL DETESTER.

SO PROUD OF MY AVATAR,THAT TOOK ME WEEKS TO WORK OUT HOW TO GET ONE.:lol:

PLZ CLICK MY SCALES IF YOU LIKE WHAT I SAY.

OR IF I HAVE HELPED IN ANY WAY.:smile:

Thanks y'all :D

Hope its not a bad dose, they think my friends little girl might have it - shes been sick all weekend and has just been taken into hospital. I should know more later this evening or tomorrow. Been a lot of action around this weekend I can tell you ...

I think I have been lucky as it was caught really early - Doctor said better to be safe than sorry. Hope your friends bairn is ok though......my mates little 'un is really bad too at the moment.

very funny :D

get_well_thermometer.jpg

& fit for hastings ;):)

Awwwww thanks........Nice card lol :D

I believe Swine Flu is worldwide now:confused:.

rooster.jpg

HMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM????? I wonder:p

......as I have symptoms of swine flu (apparently). I'm feverish, extremely tired, aching and have a major headache.

Night night folks

sounds suspiciously like a hangover to me:D:D

we'll believe you when you've grown a curly tail and are making oink oink noises:p:p:p

get well soon girl;)

All advice offered here is my opinion only based on what I would do in a given situation. If you wish to act on it you do so at your own discretion

I have no legal expertise or qualification, and give advice on the basis of my own experience and nothing else.

Take no notice of her everyone

funny-pictures-cat-takes-bad-photos-when-he-drinks-tequila.jpg

:p Sorry Clemms, hope you feel better soon.;)

I believe Swine Flu is worldwide now:confused:.

rooster.jpg

HMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM????? I wonder:p

Hate to mention the blindingly obvious, but... that's not a pig. :-D

I know. Can You guess what it is yet?:p