Motor home/caravan hire purchase enforeable?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5407 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I have a hire purchase agreement for a motor home and I wonder whether it is enforceable. I have just checked through it and although it mentions charge for credit, the APR is not shown anywhere. The agreeement is with Caprital Bank and I do not have a signed copy of the agreement or a formal follow letter. I just have a copy of the orgiinal which I must have signed.

The sum in question is 28k over 10 years and the agreement was taken out in 2007.

I really want to query this but don't want to look like an idiot.

Hi,

I hope this works, I have uploaded the doc as an attachment if not I will try the other route. I was a bit concerned about how public it would be on the photo hosting sites but given the number of members here it makes not a lot of difference.

Motorhome agreement 1.jpg

motorhome agreement 2.jpg

Having looked at the images I posted I have given Tiny Pic a try and here is the link to the documents:

6ehcnb.jpg

amrupz.jpg

I hope it works but any hints and tips always appreciated.

Thank you so much for taking the time to have a look at this for me.

I have been doing a bit of research only to find that because of the amount this is a non regulated agreement and I therefore have less protection than an agreement which is for less than 25K.

I wouldn't be looking in to this if I hadn't been made redundant ... the way of the world at the moment.

Absolutely. I'm sorry to hear about your redundancy.

It's the non-regulated part I'm not sure about. If it was a regulated CCA then the prescribed terms don't look correct, but in this case I'm not sure. I'll keep checking and post back, hopefully someone with knowledge of these things will join in too....

Thanks for your replies so far.

I can't help thinking that regulated or not there should be an APR but it is hard to know what happens when these CCAs fall slightly outside the norm. I hope someone will have some guidance for me and point me in the right direction ... if it is wrong, I need to handle this appropropriately.

Many thanks.