DCA's do go down!!

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5400 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi Gang those lovely people at UK debt & Leagal services are no more. Apparently they had no CCA licence ( relying on Group 4's one) and not even registered at companies house!

When I CCA'd them back in April heard no more. Now their site has gone too, oh how sad- I belive they have changed their name to something like G4 Debt? Not that I want to contact them!:)

So why aren't they & those who used them not being prosecuted :mad:Those who used them have a legal duty to ensure they are lawful & having a valid CCL is about as important as it gets - Also everyone knows that you can't rely on another's CCL unless it's a trading title of the original CCL holder & even then the OFT have to be notified - Bleeding OFT useless as usual

even then the OFT have to be notified - Bleeding OFT useless as usual

Cameron, on quangos this morning:

In his speech to Reform, the Conservative leader said the "growth of the quango state" was "one of the main reasons so many people feel that nothing ever changes, nothing will ever get done and that government's automatic response to any problem is to pass the buck and send people from pillar to post until they just give up in exasperated fury".

He added: "Too many state actions, services and decisions are carried out by people who cannot be voted out by the public, by organisations that feel no pressure to answer for what happens - in a way that is completely unaccountable."

Well, he could make a start on the OFT & ICO

David

Cameron, on quangos this morning:

In his speech to Reform, the Conservative leader said the "growth of the quango state" was "one of the main reasons so many people feel that nothing ever changes, nothing will ever get done and that government's automatic response to any problem is to pass the buck and send people from pillar to post until they just give up in exasperated fury".

He added: "Too many state actions, services and decisions are carried out by people who cannot be voted out by the public, by organisations that feel no pressure to answer for what happens - in a way that is completely unaccountable."

David

HEAR, HEAR!

AC

Quangos and the PC Brigade have been the death of this country! These firms should be prosecuted but wont. Why? Becuase the "Old Boy Network" who run this country don't want the truth to come out. Yes they still run this country- I should know my old Boss when I worked at a University was one such member of the OBN!

Political leaders of all persuasions have been whinging about quangos for 30 years that I know of.

That's true.

Problem is, if quango's didn't exist, errrr.... who would take the blame for:

nothing will ever get done and that government's automatic response to any problem is to pass the buck and send people from pillar to post until they just give up in exasperated fury".

David

Possibly the worst quango by far is the pernicious outfit that calls itself ACPO - they are a private company who decide on how we should be policed & are answerable to no one - they even claim to be exempt from the FOI something I think they may find is wrong as their Lordships have another FOI case against a private nursing home suggested that had the nursing home been subject to statute, as ACPO is, they might have taken a different view & found that the nursing home WAS subject to the FOI

Think of everything that's gone wrong G20 summit, Aggressive policing, Kettling of protesters, Arrest of eco protesters BEFORE actually protesting, Harassing of innocent people simply because they disagree with government or in the case of NPower & Eon powerful private business as witnessed on Panorama last night & all within the guidelines of ACPO

Edited by JonCris

Political leaders of all persuasions have been whinging about quangos for 30 years that I know of.

Yes - and they then create even more of them...

If I've helped feel free to add to my reputation.

I am not a Practising Lawyer. My comments are my opinion only. You should not rely upon those comments and should always take your own professional advice from a practising Solicitor or Barrister

Possibly the worst quango by far is the pernicious outfit that calls itself ACPO - they are a private company who decide on how we should be policed & are answerable to no one - they even claim to be exempt from the FOI something I think they may find is wrong as their Lordships have another FOI case against a private nursing home suggested that had the nursing home been set up by statute, as ACPO is, they might have taken a different view & found that the nursing home WAS subject to the FOI

Think of everything that's gone wrong G20 summit, Aggressive policing, Kettling of protesters, Arrest of eco protesters BEFORE actually protesting, Harassing of innocent people simply because they disagree with government or in the case of NPower & Eon powerful private business as witnessed on Panorama last night

I'd agree with that - ACPO are seriously dodgy BUT I'm even sure if they have the status of a Quango

I am not a Practising Lawyer. My comments are my opinion only. You should not rely upon those comments and should always take your own professional advice from a practising Solicitor or Barrister

David

I bet that they don't tho'...

The other thing of course is that Camerons lot are actually likely to dismantle quangos and not replace them with anything...

I'm afraid Maggie was the 1st to embrace quangos on a large scale by the introduction of Development Agencies which had the power to build without planning restraints or even consulting the local population

I'd agree with that - ACPO are seriously dodgy BUT I'm even sure if they have the status of a Quango

Of course they are a Quango Most Quangos are private companies thereby avoiding public scrutiny & that's the whole idea much like the PFI's

I'm afraid Maggie was the 1st to embrace quangos on a large scale by the introduction of Development Agencies which had the power to build without planning restraints or even consulting the local population

As I say in many respects the parties are as bad as each other