You can now change your notification sounds by going to this link https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/index.php?/&app=soundboard&module=soundboard&controller=managesounds

You can find a library of free notification sounds in several places on the Internet. Here's one which has a very large selection https://notificationsounds.com/notification-sounds

BankFodder BankFodder

BankFodder BankFodder

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 4028 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Hope someone can advise me what to do about about a letter that was sent to my sons girlfriend's mother's house regarding a debt that i am supposed to owe to Wescot.

I am extremely alrmed that they have sent a letter demanding payment to a persons house that i really don't have anything to do with and have never lived with.

Have they assumed i lived there because my son lived there for a while???

As for the debt, i am really not sure if i owe this money or not as i had to leave the area for personal reasons almost six years ago and have never taken any personal loans etc out since leaving.

they say that the debt for £115 was sold to them and the haeding on the letter says "notice of assignment"

Should i acknowledge the letter even though they sent it to a strangers house?

As they say they have bought the debt, would i still be able to use statute barred as i believe this debt is over five years old.

Hopefully someone can offer advice to my ramblings.

thanx

G

Hello and Welcome,

I take it the letter was addressed to you, well with your name on it.

If no acknowledgement of this alleged debt has been made in the past 5 years, then yes it's statute barred.

I'd tend to ignore it, there is a letter I can give you asking them to prove the alleged debt, but until they contact you at your address I'd let it lie.

Regards.

Scott.

Any advice I give is honest and in good faith.:)

If in doubt, you should seek the opinion of a Qualified Professional.

If you can, please donate to this site.

Help keep it up and active, helping people like you.

If you no longer require help, please do what you can to help others

RIP: Rooster-UK - MARTIN3030 - cerberusalert

Hi and welcome to CAG :)

If you havent made any acknowledgement to the alledged debt in over 5 yrs then the debt would be statute barred irrespective of when wescotts bought the debt.

Hope that helps

saint

Any typos spelling mistakes are due to leprechauns in my keyboard they move the letters around sometimes (amended just for Bookie)

"How do I...?" A Dummies' Guide to this Forum

FAQ

Forum rules

Cag toolbar

Please Donate if you can - help CAG help others

I offer help and advice in good faith, based on my knowledge and experience. I am NOT a legal or financial expert. There are many CAG members and site team who are better qualified. Please do not make major decisions based on my advice alone.I do not give advice via P.M's. If anyone can correct my mistakes or improve on my advice, please do.

Thanks for the replies.

The letter did have my name on it.

I really don't want them to send anything else to that address as it was embarrassing for me and my son.

I think i will post it back "not known at this address" hopefully they won't send anything else to them.

Thank you for the offer of the letter, hope i won't need it!

Sounds good, hopefully you'll not hear from them again.

Let us know if you do.

Regards.

Scott.

Any advice I give is honest and in good faith.:)

If in doubt, you should seek the opinion of a Qualified Professional.

If you can, please donate to this site.

Help keep it up and active, helping people like you.

If you no longer require help, please do what you can to help others

RIP: Rooster-UK - MARTIN3030 - cerberusalert