You can now change your notification sounds by going to this link https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/index.php?/&app=soundboard&module=soundboard&controller=managesounds

You can find a library of free notification sounds in several places on the Internet. Here's one which has a very large selection https://notificationsounds.com/notification-sounds

BankFodder BankFodder

BankFodder BankFodder

barclay12

Help! Barclays refuse to send me my bank statements.

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 4016 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Please help, I moved about 4 months ago, and changed my address at my local Barclays branch. I eventually found out after I tried to order a statement that my address hadn't been updated (I never got it, and when I went to ask found out they had sent it to my old address and sent the one prior to it there as well).

I had them make the changes again, and ordered a set of statements covering the period for the last two statements. They've sent me a rough printout which looks like something I put together on Excel. I've called them up today and been told that it's impossible for them to reissue physical statements once they've been sent out.

This after admitting that it wasn't my fault they got the address wrong. I'm VERY VERY ANGRY, and I'm going to write to them. I need advice on who to write to, and I want to do something about the fact that they can send bank statements around carelessly, but I don't know what to do about that.

I called the caretaker of the place I used to live in and he says he sent the letters back and called them to tell them I had moved. They never told me this!

Please help, what can I do?

Hi B12 and welcome to CAG.

If you want, you can complain to the Information Commissioners Office about Barclays lack of care in protecting your personal data - http://www.ico.gov.uk/Global/contact_us.aspx

Or you could write to B's Head Office and tell them you require proper copies of the missing statements, an apology, an explanation of why your address was not changed and compensation from them.

Tell them they have 14 days to sort this or a formal complaint will be lodged with the ICO. :)

We could do with some help from you

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?  Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

Thanks !:-)

Please help, I moved about 4 months ago, and changed my address at my local Barclays branch. I eventually found out after I tried to order a statement that my address hadn't been updated (I never got it, and when I went to ask found out they had sent it to my old address and sent the one prior to it there as well).

I had them make the changes again, and ordered a set of statements covering the period for the last two statements. They've sent me a rough printout which looks like something I put together on Excel. I've called them up today and been told that it's impossible for them to reissue physical statements once they've been sent out.

This after admitting that it wasn't my fault they got the address wrong. I'm VERY VERY ANGRY, and I'm going to write to them. I need advice on who to write to, and I want to do something about the fact that they can send bank statements around carelessly, but I don't know what to do about that.

I called the caretaker of the place I used to live in and he says he sent the letters back and called them to tell them I had moved. They never told me this!

Please help, what can I do?

If is is the specific printouts in black and white then that is what they provide for copy statements.

Does it cover the period you are claiming from?

If someone sends letters back or they are telephoned then notes do not exist nor would Barclays have told you.

FSA Waiver on Bank Charges:http://www.fsa.gov.uk/pages/Doing/Regulated/Notify/Waiver/pdf/dir_quart_0709.pdf

Thanks yourbank it does cover the period I wanted it for, but it's very unwieldy and not presented in a regular formal format (if that makes any sense). I thought they should be obliged to replace statements when they're responsible for losing them.

I'll write to them as slick132's suggested and get back to you on what they say.

Hi B12,

When you send a SAR, you are asking for data about yourself. So B's are NOT obliged to provide copy statements, even though they often do.

However, they MUST provide your a/c data and do so in a way that is clear and understandable. If they have failed to do this, you should warn them with an LBA that you'll take action for their SAR non-compliance.

See letter about this in the Bank Templates Library, toward the foot of the 1st page.

We could do with some help from you

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?  Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

Thanks !:-)