You can now change your notification sounds by going to this link https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/index.php?/&app=soundboard&module=soundboard&controller=managesounds

You can find a library of free notification sounds in several places on the Internet. Here's one which has a very large selection https://notificationsounds.com/notification-sounds

BankFodder BankFodder

BankFodder BankFodder

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 4023 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Hi all, I moved into a two bedroom house on 01/05/09, I live on my own but have the second bedroom for when my kids come to stay at weekends. I had a problem with a leaking tap from the kitchen boiler that the estate agents arranged to have someone come and fix. The plumber fixed it but also added that he had not seen a boiler like mine for over 7 years and that it was on its last legs. My kids came over for the first time last weekend. When I went to use the bath for them, I found that the bathroom boiler did not hold enough hot water to be able to run a bath and would stop after about two inches worth of water. At the same time the kitchen tap started leaking again. I reported it on the monday after and the estate agents arranged for the plumbers to come out again, However they refused to work on the boiler as it was too old and they would be able to get the parts to fix it. Its now the weekend after i reported it and still nothing has been done. Too make things worse, in order to stop the tap in the kitchen (that is now pouring water) i needed to switch off the water in the bathroom, that tap is now leaking as well and I often get home to a waterlogged bathroom. How long is reasonable for the estate agents to get them too fix it? At what point should I be considering witholding my rent?

Any advise for getting this fixed?

Thanks.

Edited by DaveyB94
error

You could find yourself being evicted if you withhold rent so please don't do that. You need to write to the landlord and let him know that the boiler isn't working properly and needs replacing and that there's a leak that is causing damage to the bathroom. Both the boiler and water supply are his responsibility. Be nice about it though - he probably doesn't have any idea that there's a problem

Fixed water installations fall within the landlord and tenants act of 1985, I haven't read it in detail but I would suggest doing so and it might be a fundamental breach of the agreement by the landlord.

I have a problem with a dripping/leaking shower whilst the landlord/agent drag their heels and/or disregard the problem. My water is metered so I measured the drip, by putting the shower head in to a pyrex jug for 15 minutes, and it is leaking at 1.9 litres per hour and, if necessary, I'll take it to county court for reimbursement of the water charges.