Euro Car Parks Pcn

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5335 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi

I have a PCN issused as seen under details it says for 'Pay and display ticket expired'. This is incorrect, as I was carrying a disabled person and so I had a valid display badge shown, with the time set correctly and I only stayed in the parking space for 1 hour, so not over 3 hours. I took photos of the car and the time plate at the time, and the PCN was issued 30 mins after I had parked.

Firstly is this a legal PCN?

Secondly, the offence it states is a total lie.

Thirdly, I read somewhere here that it must state 'Date of Issue' at the top, which it does not. Thanks!

pcn1.jpg

pcn2.png

You have NOT been issued with a PCN. What you have received is a scamvoice PRETENDING to be a PCN.

Completely ignore this and anything else that you receive from ECP.

Do not contact them in any fashion

Do not write

Do not telephone

and above all, DO NOT PAY THEM

first its NOT a Parking ticket

its no more than an Invoice

do some reading on the parking forums, and will see what a [problem] the whole thing is

as far as Blue Badges go they actually have no validity in a private car park and further their Invoices neither are Valid,

as for what they have to put on the so called ticket there are no regulations BECAUSE they actually cant issue a parking ticket in the true sense of Law,

Its all based on you believing its a real parking ticket,

thanks very much I appreciate yur prompt reply.

I appreciate your help, but at the same time I am worried that they will take this further and contact the DVLA and get my details and send me an invoice/BALIFF....can this happen? I dont want to have a criminal record! lol

But I will take your advice and not pay.

make yourself a nice tea/coffee and have a good read on these PPC private parking companies , its a [problem] full of scare tactics like WE MAY send BALIFF.... infact that cant , not at least it has been to court and you loose, chances of that are about as good you winning the Lottery tonight,

and CRIMINAL RECORD only if you kill the Piers Morgan that issued the ticket in the first place , its a civil matter which PPC's are doomed to loose

thanks very much I appreciate yur prompt reply.

I appreciate your help, but at the same time I am worried that they will take this further and contact the DVLA and get my details and send me an invoice/BALIFF....can this happen? I dont want to have a criminal record! lol

But I will take your advice and not pay.

They probably will contact DVLA and then send you rubbish letters that you can ignore. Do not be intimidated by them. Ignore, ignore ignore. DO NOT CONTACT THEM.

a balliff cannot come round till after its been to court , IF and only if you actually lost, then did not pay what the court ordered, IF is such a big word, IF they tried to take you to court, dont hold your breath waiting

start ignoring the scare mongering

Edited by kiptower
typo

They say your pay and display tickeet expired. You didn't buy a ticket! You used your blue badge - which probably isn't valid in their car park anyway.

They cannot take you to court because you didn't do what they claim. They claim you bought a ticket and it expired. You didn't buy one at all, so unlucky for them.

DO NOT RESPOND TO THEM AT ALL. There is NO appeal, no telephone call, no letter. Totally ignore them and they WILL go away.

So why can councils issue fines, and PPC's not?

So why do people even bother to pay parking fees in PPC land? They too can just ignore the fines? haha

I am just trying to understand it all as I am a bit worried tbh with u....

A fine or penalty is a legally enforceable fee for breaking a parking legislation rule. I didn't use the correct wording, but you get the idea.

A PPC cannot issue Fines or Penalties as private land doesn't fall under the same statute as public land, ie public roads and council car parks.

As long as a parking ticket that is issued on a public road by a public official, be it a traffic warden, CEO or police officer and as long as it is correctly issued under the terms of the legislation, ie you did park on that yellow line, which is correctly painted and correctrly signposted, and they did fill in the correct information, then it is legally enforecable.

A parking charge is simply a charge for parking issued by a private company who can charge what they feel is reasonable if ytou break their house rules. A bit like demanding i pay you £209 for breaking a plate at your dinner party. Not legally enforecable. You would have to take me to court for damages, in this case the cost of a replacement plate - which is reasonable as you lost the value of the plate. PPC's want people to pay £70 or so because they parked crooked or used the wrong bay etc. No actual financial loss to them and thus no case.

Got caught the same way as they expected disabled people to pay even in disabled place. The same company,sorry shysters,operate my local supermarket parking and there it`s free so it`s a bit confusing but I`m rabbiting on now!

IGNORE THEM

IF I HAVE BEEN ANY HELP AT ALL OR JUST MADE YOU LAUGH AT MY STUPIDITY PLEASE MARK MY PERFORMANCE!

ALSO REMEMBER TO DONATE. EVERY LITTLE HELPS AND THE FORUMS ARE FOR YOU!;)

So, basically, what wheelergeezer is saying is...... IGNORE. ;)

If this has been useful to you, please click on the scales at bottom left of post. Thanks.

Advice & opinions of Rooster-UK are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Please use your own judgment.

-------------------------------------------------------

LOOK! Free CAG Toolbar.

Follow link for more information.

------------------------------------------------------

Please donate,

Help us to help others.

LINKS....

Forum Rules.

FAQs....

you cant just simply keep ignoring them forever, thats not how it works in this country they will be on your back...forever!

Just write in an appeal saying you didnt even have a pay and display ticket...you got nothing to loose!!

you cant just simply keep ignoring them forever, thats not how it works in this country they will be on your back...forever!

No they won't. In the vast majority of cases they will eventually give up after periods from 3 to 12 months.

If you never communicate with them they can never be sure that they have the right person or right address, or even if you are barrister who knows more about the validity of their claims than even they do.

Originally Posted by luke123456

It's a mail [problem]. It's just about sending out letters. Even the most determined company throws in the towel after 5 or 6 letters.

They won't, but if they do, do the same as you do with any other type of door to door saleman or religious visitors; a nice polite "no thanks, not today" as you close the door back on them :)

If all that doesn't work, then I'm afraid that you will have to follow the alternative route.........

CARRY ON IGNORING THEM.

Eventually they will give up and start chasing some other, not-so-well-informed target. ;)

If this has been useful to you, please click on the scales at bottom left of post. Thanks.

Advice & opinions of Rooster-UK are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Please use your own judgment.

-------------------------------------------------------

LOOK! Free CAG Toolbar.

Follow link for more information.

------------------------------------------------------

Please donate,

Help us to help others.

LINKS....

Forum Rules.

FAQs....