You can now change your notification sounds by going to this link https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/index.php?/&app=soundboard&module=soundboard&controller=managesounds

You can find a library of free notification sounds in several places on the Internet. Here's one which has a very large selection https://notificationsounds.com/notification-sounds

BankFodder BankFodder

BankFodder BankFodder

baileywoowoo

Please help with advise on current debt

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 4022 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Since reading this thread it has come to our attention that we actually have a right to ask for information from a DCA before agreeing to any debt and/or making payments on it.

We are paying off our debts through DCA 's and have always just assumed they're telling the truth and made payment arrangements with them.

Although we are paying off these debts already do we have a right to ask for proof of the debt and send a CCA letter?

If so, will it help us in anyway?

If the DCA cannot provide the relevant information what should we do? Stop payment???

Please please advise as this is getting quite distressing.

Ruthbridge and Rockwell bullied us into making agreements that we really cannot afford to keep up any longer and we're scared to lower anythign unless they make things worse for us.

God, I so wish I'd been aware of this forum ages ago.

Absolutely, you have right to CCA them.

It may also be helpful to provide some details here about the debt(s), the exchanges between yourselves and the DCA and copies of any letters, notices etc. whch you have. Obviously, remove any identiying information before posting anything.

Thank you for that.

I am going to sort through everything and get some more advise from this site and am going to send a CCA letter to the DCA's. Currently that stands at Rockwell, Ruthbridge, & 1st credit.

send each one a cca request

enclose the one quid feed for each by postel order

print, never sign your name

request a statement of account also

Of course, we are assuming that the debts are from a Consumer Credit Agreement of some description?

I think 2 are Credit cards and 1 is a bank account.

credit cards are covered under the cca

bank loans are also

have you thought about reclaming all those penalty charges

credit cards are covered under the cca

bank loans are also

have you thought about reclaming all those penalty charges

I tried, but it's a business account and I had 2 letters from Lloyds refusing that they have to pay anything back on a business account.

Besides, it's almost 6 years ago now so we can't really do much can we?

If you have made no payments, and have had no correspondence from this creditor for 6 years, the debt will be statue barred, and you will no longer be liable for this.