You can now change your notification sounds by going to this link https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/index.php?/&app=soundboard&module=soundboard&controller=managesounds

You can find a library of free notification sounds in several places on the Internet. Here's one which has a very large selection https://notificationsounds.com/notification-sounds

BankFodder BankFodder

BankFodder BankFodder

• Tweets

• We signed up to a credit reference agency.  Got an email this morning saying a search had been carried out in my husband’s name.  It’s by Moorcroft who are doing it on behalf of NatWest. Do we worry?  It’s been over 6 years since last payment and we wrote to NatWest in January advising of our new address.  They and Moorcroft both emailed an old email address which we have access to but never use asking us to confirm our address.  We didn’t respond to it.
    • Hi   I am sorry to hear of your recent loss   The Club I assume you joined would more than likely have had Terms & Conditions, Data Protection, Privacy Policy and did you sign any Agreement to join that CLub?   On Facebook did they actually Name (use your name) on the posts or did they use mum/mother etc?   As has been asked could you give us some background for your reason to send the SAR. If they have refused to give you certain Personal Data under your SAR request then I would suggest writing to them and refering to your SAR Request and their refusal to provide XYZ you requested and that you require clarification as to why this was refused and under exactly which Article of the General Data Protection Regulations (GDOR) they are relying on for this refusal.   The Clubs Constitution is only how the Club is setup you need to ask them for copies of the following:   Data Protection Policy   Privacy Policy (note the above policies may be on that Clubs website if they have one)   This link breaksdowns the General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR): https://www.privacy-regulation.eu/en/index.htm      
    • who assured you you'd get notification of no int time limit ending? thats not a normal MO of these BNPL agreements they are not onliged to warn you?   when did you rake this out and when did you try to pay the Org Sum?      
    • well thats why they got you on this vanquis debt they mugged you on the otherone and saw you were an easy touch and a cash cow.   send vanquis an sar  get all the statements.   to be honest it quite shocks me you've here since 2007 and are talking on phone to a dca?   dx  
    • Hi GB,   Welcome to CAG and I'm sorry to hear of your very recent loss.   I wonder if your brother or someone else could talk to your son and ask that he removes the offensive/libellous remarks.   When you refer to a solicitor helping, perhaps you mean help having the post removed, rather than taking action for libel, slander or defamation.
  • Our picks

• Currys Refuse Refund F/Freezer 5day old. Read more at https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/422656-currys-refuse-refund-ffreezer-5day-old/
      • 5 replies
    • Hi,  
      I was in Sainsbury’s today and did scan and shop.
      I arrived in after a busy day at work and immediately got distracted by the clothes.

I put a few things in my trolley and then did a shop.
      I paid and was about to get into my car when the security guard stopped me and asked me to come back in.

I did and they took me upstairs.
      I was mortified and said I forgot to scan the clothes and a conditioner, 5 items.
      I know its unacceptable but I was distracted and Initially hadn’t really planned to use scan and shop.

No excuse.
      I offered to pay for the goods but the manager said it was too late.
      He looked at the CCTV and because I didn’t try to scan the items he was phoning the police.

The cost of the items was about £40.
      I was crying at this point and told them I was a nurse, just coming from work and I could get struck off.

They rang the police anyway and they came and issued me with a community resolution notice, which goes off my record in a year.
      I feel terrible. I have to declare this to my employer and NMC.

They kept me in a room on my own with 4 staff and have banned me from all stores.
      The police said if I didn’t do the community order I would go to court and they would refer me to the PPS.

I’m so stressed,
      can u appeal this or should I just accept it?

Thanks for reading 
      • 7 replies
    • The courier industry – some basic points for customers. Read more at https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/421913-the-courier-industry-%E2%80%93-some-basic-points-for-customers/
      • 1 reply
    • The controversial sub-prime lender says the City watchdog is investigating its practices.
      View the full article
      • 0 replies
darrenm3

Eversheds Financial Questionnaire

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 4023 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

I have been dealing with Eversheds for a few years now and have always managed to agree on a repayment plan using a personal budget sheet obtained from nationaldebtline.co.uk. Eversheds no longer seem happy with this and have recently sent me a "financial Questionnaire" I am serious about reducing my debt and have always sent them an accurate personal budget sheet on a regular basis with a reasonable offer of repayment, but Eversheds questionnnaire goes alot further. They seem to be fishing for more information that I am not comfortable with them having, for example:

1. Details of my mortgage, date property purchased, purchase price, outstanding mortage. (prehaps seeing if a charging order is possible).

2. My employment details, employers address, telephone number

(I`ve requested before I am not to be contacted at work).

They are also asking for 2 recent payslips and 2 months bank statements.

The letter sent with the financial questionnaire also states "returning the requsted documents is of paramount importance as repayment offers CANNOT be accepted without substantiated proof"

I am happy to provide payslips proving my income and bills proving my outgoings but feel uncomfortable about sending bank statements and mortgage details. I would rather not fill out their questionnaire instead send them my own personal budget sheet.

Any ideas how I can politely refuse or am I being unreasonable?

HI,

Eversheds have no right at all to this information. You have been supplying it as a goodwill gesture and now they are playing silly beggars you can stop the goodwill.

Only a court has the right to examine your finances and only if Eversheds take you to court.

Have you ascertained whether they have the right to be chasing this debt?

Has the original account been terminated?

If so, have you been defaulted?

Did you get a notice of assignment?

What sort of debt is it? (credit card, loan, overdraft etc.)

If you are asked to deal with any matter via private message, PLEASE report it.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Please help CAG. Order this ebook. Now available on Amazon. Please click HERE

I see Silverfox is on your case just beaten to it.

DG

I have no legal training my knowledge comes from my personal life experiences

Please help keep the forum alive by making a donation

You don't need to be polite and you don't need to give them any reason why you will not be filling up their form - they have no right to ask you for any information about your finances whatsoever. Debt collection agencies have no power to do anything, only a court can ask you for your financial details. You are in charge of what you will pay, not Eversheds. Have they any right to collect this debt at all? Have you asked for a copy of your agreement to see if it is enforceable? Did you get a Notice of Assignment from the original creditor to say the debt had been assigned to Eversheds? Once you have checked all this out, if it is above board, send them £1 a month and tell them that is their lot. They cannot do anything about it unless they take you to court and they know a court won't make you pay anymore than you can afford.

Snap!:D

Hi Silverfox

Thanks for your swift reply,

The debt was for a bank loan with Northern Rock, with a balance now a little over £2000, the account is terminated and I received a default about 6 years ago. I obtained a copy of the original credit agreement from Northern Rock last year but no deed of assignment although I have a letter from NR saying Eversheds will be collecting payment. I`m happy to repay the debt but just dont want to be bullied into paying more than I can afford or giving Eversheds the upper hand with information that they are not entitled to.

As you're happy to pay the debt, work out what you can spare each month, enclose it in a letter telling them as much.

If they don't like it, tough! accept or go to court.

If it did end up in court, the judge would only make you pay what he/she deems reasonable.

Are you happy that the agreement is valid?

As you never received a Notice of Assignment, why do Eversheds think they have the right to be collecting. These muppets have to follow the rules just as we do.

fox

If you are asked to deal with any matter via private message, PLEASE report it.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Please help CAG. Order this ebook. Now available on Amazon. Please click HERE

There would be no need for a Notice of Assignment if Eversheds are collecting on behalf of NR as the original creditor.

This financial questionnaire ploy is used by many DCAs.

I suggest a letter along these lines:

Dear Cretins

I refer to your letter of (date), the content of which is noted.

You have no entitlement to the information you have demanded; only a Court can order disclosure of such data. Accordingly, I find your demands unreasonable and will not be completing your questionnaire. In the past, I have provided you with personal budget details as a gesture of goodwill. Such goodwill is limited, however, and no further details will be forthcoming as a result of your bullying attitude.

I have calculated that the maximum I can afford to repay each month is £x, and in the event of any legal action I am confident that no Court would order a higher payment, and I would of course bring your unreasonable demands to the Court's attention.

Yours etc.