You can now change your notification sounds by going to this link https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/index.php?/&app=soundboard&module=soundboard&controller=managesounds

You can find a library of free notification sounds in several places on the Internet. Here's one which has a very large selection https://notificationsounds.com/notification-sounds

BankFodder BankFodder

BankFodder BankFodder

Radio_man

Electric Meter Help Required!!!

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 4029 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

OK, there are 4 flats in my block, i rent the basement flat.

Each flat has a private electric meter which is hooked up to a central meter in a dissused property. We have to buy our electric tokens off the landlord, but he isnt paying the bills.

When i called british gas asking for my gas card, they notice that they supply electric to the property and wished to come out to change my meter.

When I told my landord this, I was told to refuse entry and if they were to change the meter, he would throw me out.

Now British Gas are investigating but have advised me to make a statement to the police.

I dont really want to do this as I have nowhere else to live! British Gas are saying they are going to come out any day and cut the supply so I am now getting really worried!!!

Am i breaking the law by buying the tokens? If I did make a statement to the police, where would this leave my tennancy?

Your landlord sounds like a right to##er.

I bet he's charging you more for the electric tokens (and considerably more) than British gas would charge you, or are charging him. Probably tampering with the meter too - otherwise why would be so dead-set against you allowing British gas in??!!

I personally would try to move out as soon as possible - can you afford the security deposit on a new place? Then, before you actually move out, you can shaft your landlord - although I'm snot sure what kind of statement British Gas would want you to make to the police.

I wouldn;t say you are breaking the law in buying the tokens - after all, if you don;t buy them you won't have any electric. I think it's extremely likely you are being seriously ripped off though....

Landlords like this should be outed - and they should be prevented friom being landlords in future.

Guest Old_andrew2018

Do what British Gas ask, allow them access to change the meter, however advise them to contact the police themselves, as to his threat to throw you out he cant without a court order.

\andy