I have started.....questions.

shamwari
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5353 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I copied the SAR letter and posted it dated 21st June.

I have received a reply asking for a letter of authorisation for the joint account for me and the wife dated 1st July.

Is this a stalling tactic ?

I had not asked for information for that account as I don't recall any charges related to it.

Should I decline or submit the letter of authorisation, will it need another £10 fee, if I send it ?

Is there a form of wording for this authorisation ?

Is there a form of wording for declining to send the authorisation ?

I am asking because I don't want to put a foot wrong, especially when help is at hand here.....many thanks.

Is this a stalling tactic ?
It is in as much as if either of you can use the a/c separately (ie cheques don't require both signatures) then they don't need authorisation from both of you.

Just write back emphasising that the SAR is for an a/c that is solely in your name and they have sufficient authorisation already and that they now only have x days to comply with the SAR

Many thanks,

That is what I would have thought too.

I shall start to draft an answer to that effect.

As an after thought, should I reply directly to the address on the latest letter ?

My original went to NatWest Bishopsgate London, the reply from PO Box 1000 Edinburgh ?

• 1 month later...

I need someone to hold my hand.

I have received the documentation I requested, I can spot the charges and I can add them up, but there is more to it than that isn't there ?

I am a practical person, I normally swing a hammer or screw driver, I am not into bookwork.

Do I use the simple interest calc ?

Is there any other advice thread to give me step by step guidance ?

This site is far too big for to get around without a guide.

Many thanks for any help.

Use the Simple S/S here:

http://www.consumeractiongroup.c o....eadsheets.html

EnglandSimpleSpreadsheet.jpg

When entering your charges, don’t delete anything first. Just overwrite the existing examples: type of charge, amount and date.

If you delete all the existing examples, you will also delete all the formulas for calculating the 8% interest.

Once you have entered all your info onto the sheet, all you need then do is to delete what info is not yours.

The days since and 8% will be calculated automatically

Save it and print out as your schedule of charges.

Step by step guide here:

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/faqs-please-read-these/31460-example-step-step-instructions.html

Many thanks for the speed of your reply.

I am still confused as to whether and when to add interest.

The first link says in bold, ' but do NOT include the 8% interest on the schedule yet', while the draft letter speaks of X amount in charges plus overdraft interest of X amount totaling X amount.

Have I spotted a problem, or is it my interpretation ?

I am still confused as to whether and when to add interest.

The first link says in bold, ' but do NOT include the 8% interest on the schedule yet',

The 8% interest is interest allowed by s69 of the County Court Act. Strictly speaking you can only claim this once you have filed a claim at court. But some people ask for the interest as part of the initial claim.

while the draft letter speaks of X amount in charges plus overdraft interest of X amount totaling X amount.

This is slightly different. When you go overdrawn the bank charges interest (quite legitimately). However the bank will add charges for going overdrawn and then charge overdraft interest on those charges as well. It's that portion of interest the draft letter refers to.

As you can imagine it's diffiicult to accurately separate general overdraft interest from interest they've charged on penalty charges, since statements lump all interest together. So some people don't bother and delete that reference from the letter

Sorry I am back again.

I am having problems filling out the spread sheet.

I have got the first three columns, but in the fourth and fifth columns , it shows in the formula window (if thats what its called)the following

=#name!(D9~NOW()~"D")
and
=(C9*0.00022)*E9
I am almost sure fifth column is left as it is but where do I insert the date in the fourth column ?

And why do I see #NAME? on the graph ?

I have searched for an answer and tried variations, but must admit my knowledge is extremely limited, and my patience is waning.

Thanks in advance for any help

but must admit my knowledge is extremely limited,
When it comes to understanding s/s, not as limited as mine:eek:

Can only offer 2 suggestions:

1 Try downloading the s/s again and starting afresh.

2. Theres a simple calculator here:

Bank Charges Reclaiming: They’re unlawful! Free template letters ...

But there's no facility to enter the type of charge (you have to do that by hand after you print it out and make sure you read the notes about how to save it and print it out