employer adjusting my submitted time sheet without my knowledge

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5403 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

i have found through looking at my pay slip that my employer has deducted hours from my submitted time sheet.

i m presuming they are getting their information through a tracker system fitted to my vehicle, which i have been informed is used for insurance purposes only. (i know the tracking systems are a diffrent story and is not the issue). i have had problems with my tracker system before lasting 3 months and when i informed them i would seek legal advice they called the tracker company, who found and fixed a 15 minute time diffrence on my van system taking 5 minutes to fix.

can my employer deduct hours without my knowledge?

i am not out to cause trouble with my company, i enjoy my work and i have no other issues with my employer. they are good to work for and if they disscused the issue with me and i felt they were correct i wouldn't have any problems with the deductions, but the fact they are deducting the hours from the submitted sheet without telling me is a little annoying.

can anyone give me a quick answer for this long winded question.

many thanks in advance. m

i have done so and awaitng their reply, but my main problem is i don't know how i stand on the subject.

i have searched the net for some time for answers in no avail.

i really need to know if they are breaking any employment rules as i know it is fraud for me to give false hours on my timesheet, but for it to be accepted by my manager then to be adjusted by the payroll dept?

my manager has stated he will ask for a meeting to discuss the subject, but i don't want to go into 'the lions den' without any knowledge of the subject only to be given reasons and i end up leaving the meeting bewildered and still not any clearer on where i stand. i have been in meetings before where i have known i was 100% correct but have been bullied into submission due to the fact the subject of the meetings were of small importance and i felt if i continued to press the subject my future employment may have been jerpordised.

i'm no fool and realise my employer can get rid of me for any small reason, thats why i don't want to rock the boat and hopefully can go into the meeting with at least a little knowledge on the subject.

as you can imagine the advice i have been getting from friends and work mates are all based on what 'they' think is fair and right, but what they think and what is the truth are two diffrent things.

it is not the first time this has happened and i let it pass but i did inform them to inform me in the future to any deductions before they put the wages through, which they agreed to. (but not in writing i'm afraid).

thanks again. m