You can now change your notification sounds by going to this link https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/index.php?/&app=soundboard&module=soundboard&controller=managesounds

You can find a library of free notification sounds in several places on the Internet. Here's one which has a very large selection https://notificationsounds.com/notification-sounds

BankFodder BankFodder

BankFodder BankFodder

boudicia

Student Loans and CCI Legal

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 4029 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

It is so good to find this site as I need some help.

I have student loans which I took out pre 98.

I have never earned above the amount required to start repayments. Since taking out the loans I have always deferred. However, there has been two occasions when this did not happen. The first being when I sent the form but it apparently did not arrive at the SLC and I consequently had no knowledge of this as I went abroad for a year. The second time was when I was suffering a lot of emotional turmoil and was also in the process of moving house and the deferment letter did not reach me and it slipped my mind.

Since then, I have been at loggerheads with the SLC as they have threatened to retrieve the money and I have always contested that I have never earned over the threshold required to start making repayments.

I have now been living in China since 2005 and have had various letters from recovery agencies demanding back the loans. I have tried to contact these agencies explaining my situation but never to much avail. Also most of the letters arrive months after they have been sent and usually after the date when they threaten to take further action.

However, today (4th July) a final demand (although I have never received any previous correspondence from them before) arrived from CCI Legal demanding that if the full amount, 3297 pounds, is not paid by the 29th of June they would pass to their partner office in China.

My monthly wages are lower in China as they would be in the UK.

How do I explain to them I have never earned enough to pay back my loan and can anyone advise me on how to tackle this problem.

Any help would be gratefully received.