You can now change your notification sounds by going to this link https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/index.php?/&app=soundboard&module=soundboard&controller=managesounds

You can find a library of free notification sounds in several places on the Internet. Here's one which has a very large selection https://notificationsounds.com/notification-sounds

BankFodder BankFodder

BankFodder BankFodder

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 3902 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

I owed £393 for a HIP, I didn't think I had to pay until the house was sold but then they passed the debt to 1st Crudit. I have agreed to £12.50 per week. I started paying through their payment system then got two letters saying I had defaulted on payments when I had told them how I was paying. So I sent them a hard hitting email that I would report them to the OFT and knew my rights etc etc...... and surprise surprise, no reply! They haven't bought the debt, just handling it for HIP payment services.

A+L S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) sent 28th July. Statements rec'd 01 Sept. Letter requesting repayment of £4,979 sent 18/09 MCOL sent 15th Nov £6389.57. Cheque received £6425.54 4th Dec.:D

MBNA S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) sent 28th July, promised reply by 28th August. Cheque rec'd £250 31 Aug.:confused: . 2nd letter sent 7 sept for rest of charges to be returned. £243 rec'd 28th Oct:D

CCA sent 1st Credit 11th August, reply 15th Aug

Request for repayment Rooftop Mortgages for £1095, reply saying no on 17th Aug.

Still to come: Cap. One, Time retail, HFC Bank.

1st credit have passed this on to Connaught Collections, letter received Friday(30th), I arranged to pay £5 pw, as I'm unemployed. It took a while to get my first dole payment but I caught up last week with a £30 payment an hour before the mail arrived with the letter! So I wrote and explained everything but today another letter threatening legal action. I said I will only correspond in writing. Even so, 4 days between letters seems a bit quick, especially with a strike on! I also told them if it goes to court I will offer£1 a week.

A+L S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) sent 28th July. Statements rec'd 01 Sept. Letter requesting repayment of £4,979 sent 18/09 MCOL sent 15th Nov £6389.57. Cheque received £6425.54 4th Dec.:D

MBNA S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) sent 28th July, promised reply by 28th August. Cheque rec'd £250 31 Aug.:confused: . 2nd letter sent 7 sept for rest of charges to be returned. £243 rec'd 28th Oct:D

A HIP doesn't come under the CCA I think...

Report 1st crud to TS and the OFT for breaching OFT guidlines and the CPUTR. Copy 1st crud in ot your complaints :) They're under scrutiny by the OFT at the moment ;)

"To love unconditionally is the greatest gift, laughter is a close second" .To give your time to help others after being helped here is the best way to show your appreciation to your fellow CAG members.

Please note that this advice is given informally, without liability and without prejudice. Seek the advice of an insured qualified professional if you have any doubts. All my knowledge has been gained here, for which I'm very grateful. I'm a Journalist, not a law professional.

If you do PM, make sure to include a link to your thread as I don't give out advice in private ;)

BB 13 - DCAs/banks and solicitors 0.

I get a fresh start to get on with learning to live with severe disabilities when they could have had something if they'd been understanding...

<--- If you feel I've helped, please twinkle my star :)

Andrew,

Play them at their own game. We're in contract law territory here. Write and ask for proof of debt and their legal entitlement to collect.

I wonder if they can prove that you owe it?

They do not own the debt, they are handling it for HIP payment services. And I know I owe it, it's just them beinh heavy handed as usual.

Your best bet is to report them to TS and the OFT for breaches of OFT guidlines and the CPUTR.

"To love unconditionally is the greatest gift, laughter is a close second" .To give your time to help others after being helped here is the best way to show your appreciation to your fellow CAG members.

Please note that this advice is given informally, without liability and without prejudice. Seek the advice of an insured qualified professional if you have any doubts. All my knowledge has been gained here, for which I'm very grateful. I'm a Journalist, not a law professional.

If you do PM, make sure to include a link to your thread as I don't give out advice in private ;)

BB 13 - DCAs/banks and solicitors 0.

I get a fresh start to get on with learning to live with severe disabilities when they could have had something if they'd been understanding...

<--- If you feel I've helped, please twinkle my star :)

Well that's fair enough andrew, just thought you might want to get your own back on them. Personally I would not pay 1st a penny until they have complied with a prove it letter. My attitude would be 'if you can be an ar4e then so can I'

Or at least write with a reassessment and token payment of £1pcm offer:).