Virgin Media

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4529 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I have been with Virgin, well Cable London, then Telewest and now virgin - so in total maybe 15 years. Recently, they upgraded my modem and gave me a new netgear N router albeit that I am not on the 50 meg broadband speed. However, since the installation of the new modem, my broadband speek which is M, is running a 2megs max. I complained to them and was told that they were working on the problem. After a month, I complained again and now they tell me that the network is having major problems causing the speed problems. They decided to compensate me, I thought by £20 for the problems I was having and temporarily put me on the large package. However, I now understand the the £20 was not any compensation at all, in fact it was to make up the cost between the M and the X broadband package cost. Furthermore, even with the increase speed, I'm lucky to get 4megs max. The problem they say will not be resolved until the end of July. What can i do?

• 2 weeks later...

changing your config file will not make the bb go faster ! if there are already issues with your nearest ubr.

there are known issues in some areas with the new replacement cable modems, which is what they ellude too .

now what you were after was compenstion that your paid-for speed is not being achieved - M.

now you may have come out of this better than you think, if they have applied the £20 as a free upgrade to the next speed [though that seems alot for one jump up, you will have to wait and see or phone them up]

i had the same issue, and i found out that the current 'cure' was to upgrade the customer to the next speed [foc] as they had been told the new config file cured the issue by the eng dept.

it didn't, but in the meantime it has been cured and i'm now on 20Mb and getting a monthly free upgrade [shown as a refund] each month.

so you need to find out what is going on.

i'd phone and cancel.

you will be amazed at what they will give you as free upgrades.

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight...