You can now change your notification sounds by going to this link https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/index.php?/&app=soundboard&module=soundboard&controller=managesounds

You can find a library of free notification sounds in several places on the Internet. Here's one which has a very large selection https://notificationsounds.com/notification-sounds

BankFodder BankFodder

BankFodder BankFodder

Sign in to follow this  
kingfish

Virgin Media

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 4019 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

I have been with Virgin, well Cable London, then Telewest and now virgin - so in total maybe 15 years. Recently, they upgraded my modem and gave me a new netgear N router albeit that I am not on the 50 meg broadband speed. However, since the installation of the new modem, my broadband speek which is M, is running a 2megs max. I complained to them and was told that they were working on the problem. After a month, I complained again and now they tell me that the network is having major problems causing the speed problems. They decided to compensate me, I thought by £20 for the problems I was having and temporarily put me on the large package. However, I now understand the the £20 was not any compensation at all, in fact it was to make up the cost between the M and the X broadband package cost. Furthermore, even with the increase speed, I'm lucky to get 4megs max. The problem they say will not be resolved until the end of July. What can i do?

Guest Old_andrew2018

Bump

changing your config file will not make the bb go faster ! if there are already issues with your nearest ubr.

there are known issues in some areas with the new replacement cable modems, which is what they ellude too .

now what you were after was compenstion that your paid-for speed is not being achieved - M.

now you may have come out of this better than you think, if they have applied the £20 as a free upgrade to the next speed [though that seems alot for one jump up, you will have to wait and see or phone them up]

i had the same issue, and i found out that the current 'cure' was to upgrade the customer to the next speed [foc] as they had been told the new config file cured the issue by the eng dept.

it didn't, but in the meantime it has been cured and i'm now on 20Mb and getting a monthly free upgrade [shown as a refund] each month.

so you need to find out what is going on.

i'd phone and cancel.

you will be amazed at what they will give you as free upgrades.

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

if everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's tomorrow

the biggest financial industry in the UK, DCA;s would collapse overnight.

Sign in to follow this