style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 4050 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Hi

We got our credit files and the electoral role entry is wrong on all of them consistently so I contacted the council. We moved into the address in May 2005 and moved out mid october 2006. The entry says we lived there between 06 & 08 but doesn't give any months.

Can I add myself to the role previous because the Data protection act must hold correct information? The council think the register has been closed and its not possible to make ammendments. Although not accusing directly the council say its an offence not to register whenever possible.

Also, at the other end of the date range, can we have the later dates taken off if proven through their council tax records (of their own from when we lived there and from another when we moved away) because they hold incorrect information on us? The council are unsure.

Any advice appreciated. Does this need to go in a legal or Data protection act advice forum?

Thanks

Ian & Emma