Advantage Gold Account Refund?

Morning Air
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5408 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

My Mum took out a loan with NatWest in Feb 2006 and she just signed whatever was put in front of her thinking that it was for the loan. (They filled the forms for her) and just needed her signature. This week she spoke to a different clerk to ask how much was left to pay on the loan. During this conversation she was told she was paying £12.95 a month for the Advantage Gold Account and some card that goes with it and has been since she took out the loan. My Mum has never been interested in insurance and credit cards and any of the other “benefits” the Gold Account offers – she doesn’t use cards for anything ever (whatever is sent gets put in a draw). And she most definitely would not agree to the £12.95 charges for something she has no use for. She had assumed the amount being taken was for the loan and all the usury they charge. She is of pensioner age and I think they abused her trust when they “helped” her with the forms. Just one year alone the amount totals £155.00 but this for over 3 years. Could they /would they - refund the money? + How best to approach them.

No because she signed for it and she has received a benefit for the account ie a reduction in the rate of her loan.

FSA Waiver on Bank Charges:http://www.fsa.gov.uk/pages/Doing/Regulated/Notify/Waiver/pdf/dir_quart_0709.pdf

She won't get a refund for the reasons above, but she can cancel it, she doesn't have to keep it running.

Just inform the bank that it is no longer required and to cancel.