will i receive housing benefit???

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5409 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

hi everyone , new here so hope this is posted in the right place

to cut a long story short , i am currently working and am paying a private landlord my rent... i am losing my job... possibly be classed as gross misconduct... prob wont be entitled to JSA but have 2 see what employers say to them....anyways.... if i dont get the JSA can i still apply for hosing benefit to pay my rent or else i will be homeless wen the landlord kicks me out :(

am so stressed worrying about it , any help would be appreciated as i have no were else to go and dont wanna lose a roof over my head.. cheers.

You're best off going to your local Jobcentre plus and ask to speak to a benefits advisor. Explain everything and they should be able to give you estimations to any benefits you could be entitled to and advise you on how to apply for them.

If I have been helpful in any way, please tip my scales :lol:

Even if you get disallowed for JSA, you can still claim HB/CTB on nil income. You will need to contact your council to claim.

Being sacked for gross misconduct is not an automatic reason to be disallowed JSA although you may receive a sanction on your claim. This can only be decided by a decision maker (DM), and you can appeal against the DM's decision.

The advice I give in relation to benefits should be viewed as general advice and not specific to your individual claim circumstances. I cannot give specific advice on your claim as I cannot access the claim.

If you find the advice useful please click on my scales.