You can now change your notification sounds by going to this link https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/index.php?/&app=soundboard&module=soundboard&controller=managesounds

You can find a library of free notification sounds in several places on the Internet. Here's one which has a very large selection https://notificationsounds.com/notification-sounds

BankFodder BankFodder

BankFodder BankFodder

mr.ton

National day of anti DCA action (part 2)

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 4029 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Firstly...im not sure how the 1st one went to be honest? :confused:

Regardless - i now hereby give official CAG notice of another day of anti DCA action.

I have set the date to Wednesday 22nd July 2009 which gives a couple of weeks preperation/notice.

The same rules apply...nothing illegal or vigilante.

Simply a day of making complaints here,there & everywhere etc..

Okay, I wasnt around for the first one, so are we all contacting the DCAs that day to overload them, or are we reporting them to OFT etc (which I fear may overload them and so the complaints be generally ignored.

Perhaps we could target one or two DCAs at a time...

If you find my post helpful please click on the scales at the top. Thank you

FAQ SECTION HERE

Halifax Bank Claim filed and settled

Halifax Credit Card settled

Argos Store Card settled

CCA requests sent to

Halifax Credit Card

LLoyds TSB Credit Card

Capital One

Moorcroft (Argos)

NDR

18/06/09

Its about complaining to as many DCA's & official authorities as we can.

The more the merrier :)

Yep I'm in

If you find my post helpful please click on the scales at the top. Thank you

FAQ SECTION HERE

Halifax Bank Claim filed and settled

Halifax Credit Card settled

Argos Store Card settled

CCA requests sent to

Halifax Credit Card

LLoyds TSB Credit Card

Capital One

Moorcroft (Argos)

NDR

18/06/09

I actually agree with Natalie.

Thinking that more pressure would be brought to bear if just two DCA's were targetted at a time, rather than the random firing off, of letters to DCA's all and sundry

AC

Count me in

I do think perhaps doing another DCA day of action so soon will dilute the argument. Should there not be a national day of action (aka once a year?) against DCAs and marketed as such to the media etc??

was going to suggest.

picking one dca a month.

might have more impact,esp it we all hit OFT/TS with calls/emails/letters at once.

SAM:pLOWELL DETESTER

SAM:pLOWELL DETESTER.

SO PROUD OF MY AVATAR,THAT TOOK ME WEEKS TO WORK OUT HOW TO GET ONE.:lol:

PLZ CLICK MY SCALES IF YOU LIKE WHAT I SAY.

OR IF I HAVE HELPED IN ANY WAY.:smile:

also be careful you do not get accused of restricting trade by making loads of calls / letters etc (ironic isn't it how they seem to have laws to stop us harassing them with calls etc!). (This is some memory from the very back of my 'brain' many years ago when somebody kept contacting a business that's all).

In a sense I'm doing plenty of letters as it is so I suppose I'm in already! :)

Another tactic is for all the caggers to go and see there mp's once a month and take a load of suporters and peacefully but foceably insist that something is done to clamp down on dca's by making the oft do there jobs.

I'm sure that doing this more often will dilute the impact but targetting a few DCAs at a time will be construed as having an impact on their business so we have to be carefeul there. If something like this is going to have a good effect it needs to be co ordinated and sensible.

"To love unconditionally is the greatest gift, laughter is a close second" .To give your time to help others after being helped here is the best way to show your appreciation to your fellow CAG members.

Please note that this advice is given informally, without liability and without prejudice. Seek the advice of an insured qualified professional if you have any doubts. All my knowledge has been gained here, for which I'm very grateful. I'm a Journalist, not a law professional.

If you do PM, make sure to include a link to your thread as I don't give out advice in private ;)

BB 13 - DCAs/banks and solicitors 0.

I get a fresh start to get on with learning to live with severe disabilities when they could have had something if they'd been understanding...

<--- If you feel I've helped, please twinkle my star :)

was going to suggest.

picking one dca a month.

might have more impact,esp it we all hit OFT/TS with calls/emails/letters at once.

YES!

and it should be marketed to the media.

JULY, is too soon.

Only my opinion, please don't shoot me:)

AC

little tip from TS buddy.

OFT do not look at individual complaints,but record them,for license renewal time.

BUT DO CONTACT IF THEY RECEIVE MORE THAN 20 A MONTH.

WE COULD GIVE THEM OVER THAT IN ONE DAY.:D

SAM:pLOWELL DETESTER.

SO PROUD OF MY AVATAR,THAT TOOK ME WEEKS TO WORK OUT HOW TO GET ONE.:lol:

PLZ CLICK MY SCALES IF YOU LIKE WHAT I SAY.

OR IF I HAVE HELPED IN ANY WAY.:smile:

what about a protest outside one or 2 of the dca's offices we could all go up tp leeds and picket lowell or have a lovly day down at chester with MBNA and Aktiv Krapital

The Tally so far in order of appearince:

Intrum Justica

:DNow gone from my life

Metropolition

:DGone and had to repay me 500 pounds

Red(Lowell)

:DCase Closed

Aktiv Kapital

:pWas so sad yo say good bye. Parting is such sweet sorrow.

MBNA :oops::-) No CCA No Debt You lost