You can now change your notification sounds by going to this link https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/index.php?/&app=soundboard&module=soundboard&controller=managesounds

You can find a library of free notification sounds in several places on the Internet. Here's one which has a very large selection https://notificationsounds.com/notification-sounds

BankFodder BankFodder

BankFodder BankFodder

Hungryforinfo

OFT Complaints process re DCA chasing debt whilst account in dispute

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 4026 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

I wrote to a DCA informing them of an account in dispute following a CCA request. I informed them they had to cease processing my data and any reply was to be in writing only. They replied by sending me an edited agreement doc and a doorstep caller. In their letter they asked me to confirm various questions including confirming my signatiure is as per the edited agreement they sent me (which I won't).

My CCA request has not been met, they have sent a doorstep caller and continue to process data. Do I complain to the OFT or will I have to ask the DCA for their complaints procedure and follow that procedure until such time the complaint has been dealt with or not by the DCA before contacting the OFT?

Which DCA is this?

You can get an internal complaints letter from the National Debtline website which outlines the process. You should make your complaint on the grounds that they are attempting collection on the account despite it being in dispute. If they don't comply within 8 weeks they can be reported to the FOS.

First Credit.

Edited by Hungryforinfo
typo

1st Crud...oh what a suprise :rolleyes:

I would put in a complaint direct to first crud first and quote relevant sections of the OFT guidelines, threaten to put in a complaint to the OFT.

First crud have been warned by the OFT so the more complaints against them the better.

Oft debt collection guidelines

2.6 Examples of unfair practices are as follows:

h. ignoring and/or disregarding claims that debts have been settled or are

disputed and continuing to make unjustified demands for payment

S.

Are You as Anonymous on CAG as You Think You Are? *Link*

The CAG is a free help site,should you be offered help that requires payment,please report it to site team.

Deal with your debts:

STEP ONE - Dont Panic! | STEP TWO - Priority & Non Priority Debts | STEP THREE - Personal Budget Sheet | STEP FOUR - A SAFE bank Account | STEP FIVE - Dealing with Priority Debts | STEP SIX - Non-priority Debts | STEP SEVEN - Non-Priority Debt-Repayment Opt1 | STEP EIGHT - Non-Priority Debt-Repayment Opt2 | STEP NINE - Perils of Consolidation | STEP TEN - RE-Evaluate Frequently

***** SERIOUSLY IN DEBT, DONT KNOW WHAT TO DO, TRY NationalDebtLine's MoneySteps *****

IMPORTANT: Please take my advice in the spirit it is given and on the basis that I am expressing my opinion, These opinions are not endorsed by CAG in anyway and are offered informally without prejudice or warranty of any kind. These opinions are solely based upon the knowledge I've gained from this fantastic site and life in general. I have NO legal training.

Do I also follow a similar process for breach of the Data protection Act? The letter I sent them advising the account was in dispute also informed them that unless they provided the reasoning for continuing to proocess my data without authority they would be in breach of the Data protection Act. I did not state what action I would take if they failed to provide the required information or ignored my letter but gave them a deadline for either replying with a rationale or to stop processing the data (which they have done).

In order for a complaint to be considered by the OFT do they ask if the companies (First Cruds) formal complaint procedure has been followed? if that is the case I would need to write to First Crud requesting details of their formal complaint procedure rather than sending out a complaint letter.

OFT may ask if the complaints procedure was followed but even if they don't the fact that you tried to resolve it without recourse to the OFT/FOS and so on will make you look better and 1stCredit like the cretins they are - if they don't sort it out of course!

Edited by NailPost
typo