You can now change your notification sounds by going to this link https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/index.php?/&app=soundboard&module=soundboard&controller=managesounds

You can find a library of free notification sounds in several places on the Internet. Here's one which has a very large selection https://notificationsounds.com/notification-sounds

BankFodder BankFodder

BankFodder BankFodder

• Tweets

• EU deal replicated 'as far as possible' ... aka less than   "The British Government is continuing to work intensively on securing continuity with other countries. We have secured agreements – either signed or agreed in principle - that account for 64% of the UK’s trade with all the countries with which the UK is seeking continuity, should we leave the EU without a deal."   With what I've seen on that page I linked earlier, that would seem to be decidedly unambitious 'trade deals across the world larger than the EU
    • dx100uk - thank you for your advice.  I will send a SAR to Vanquis and really appreciate all the help on here.   I may have read your last sentence in the way that it was not intended but it has came across very judgmental and not helpful.  I have came on this site for some help, not to be judged.  If that was not your intention then I apologise as I realise text can be read in the way it was not intended.  
    • . I'm sorry but this is not correct. There is a very long established rule that you are required to exercise utmost good faith (uberrima fides) when becoming a party to any kind of insurance contract. This means that you have quite a strict duty to accept responsibility for disclosing any information which a reasonable person in your position might understand could materially affect the risk. I can imagine that the interpretation of this rule would not be applied quite so strictly to a very new and young driver – but the more that one has been driving and the more insurance policies one has held, then I think that the stricter  this rule becomes. It is also well established that one can misrepresent something simply by withholding information – by silence. I'm sorry to say that I think that this rule and the value of it is so self-evident that it is scarcely worth discussing. I wouldn't start raising this issue if I were you with insurers or the courts because you will come away with a bloody nose and loss of credibility
    • @unclebulgaria67 your point is particularly valid especially in regards to loss in the event of a claim. Irrespective of 2x SP30’s or not the vehicle is insured for its full market value. The insurers rating changes based on risk against those endorsements, where said risk calculation isn’t made available.    Also I question the validation of 22% in premium. Is that based on today’s risk profiling, or is that applied retrospectively to day 1 and can that be evidenced.    One thing that is very clear, is that to bring about any degree of misrepresentation the insurer has to have evidence that questions were asked in regards to the endorsements.   This was an auto renewal and when I’ve checked the Brokers electronic Copy on “My Policy’ at renewal, there is no section included relative to accidents in the last 5 yrs or Motoring convictions. Everything else relative to me and the named driver is listed. 
    • Here is what exposes Johnson & Co Commission document, makes for sober reading   Wonder if Snake Oil Singham has read and digested it?   https://ec.europa.eu/info/sites/info/files/brexit_files/info_site/com_2020_324_2_communication_from_commission_to_inst_en_0.pdf
  • Our picks

• Currys Refuse Refund F/Freezer 5day old. Read more at https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/422656-currys-refuse-refund-ffreezer-5day-old/
      • 5 replies
    • Hi,  
      I was in Sainsbury’s today and did scan and shop.
      I arrived in after a busy day at work and immediately got distracted by the clothes.

I put a few things in my trolley and then did a shop.
      I paid and was about to get into my car when the security guard stopped me and asked me to come back in.

I did and they took me upstairs.
      I was mortified and said I forgot to scan the clothes and a conditioner, 5 items.
      I know its unacceptable but I was distracted and Initially hadn’t really planned to use scan and shop.

No excuse.
      I offered to pay for the goods but the manager said it was too late.
      He looked at the CCTV and because I didn’t try to scan the items he was phoning the police.

The cost of the items was about £40.
      I was crying at this point and told them I was a nurse, just coming from work and I could get struck off.

They rang the police anyway and they came and issued me with a community resolution notice, which goes off my record in a year.
      I feel terrible. I have to declare this to my employer and NMC.

They kept me in a room on my own with 4 staff and have banned me from all stores.
      The police said if I didn’t do the community order I would go to court and they would refer me to the PPS.

I’m so stressed,
      can u appeal this or should I just accept it?

Thanks for reading 
      • 7 replies
    • The courier industry – some basic points for customers. Read more at https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/421913-the-courier-industry-%E2%80%93-some-basic-points-for-customers/
      • 1 reply
    • The controversial sub-prime lender says the City watchdog is investigating its practices.
      View the full article
      • 0 replies
michelangelo

LLoyds/TSB No Credit Card Agreement

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 4018 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

I received a letter from LLoyds/TSB informing me that they do not have any obligation to provide me with CCA.That my account has been in existence for many years.That I paid and repaid my debts on several occasions, therefore acknowledging that there was an agreement.As such they state that my agreement is enforceable.

Any help please?

If it was for a current a/c they are not obliged to provide a CCA, if it was for a credit card or loan they do.

Anthrax alert at debt collectors caused by box of doughnuts

Make sure you do not post anything which identifies you. Although we can remove certain things from the site unless it's done in a timely manner everything you post will appear in Google cache & we do not have any control over that.

Vir prudens non contra ventum mingit

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

17 Port & Maritime Regiment RCT

Many thanks for your message. What's next? How should I proceed please?

I assume it's a current a/c? If so the only thing you can do is reclaim any unfair charges they have added which will reduce the debt. You will have to send a sar http://www.consumerforums.com/resources/templates-library/86-debt-collectors/576-subject-access-request-debt-a-dca which will cost £10 & they have 40 days from receipt to provide the information. When you get it back it will contain all the information they have on you which will include copies of statements.

If it is a CC or loan that they've refused to provide a CCA for you should make a complaint to the Information Commissioners Office https://www.ico.gov.uk/Global/contact_us.aspx

Make sure you do not post anything which identifies you. Although we can remove certain things from the site unless it's done in a timely manner everything you post will appear in Google cache & we do not have any control over that.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

is it a credit card or current account?

The Tally so far in order of appearince:

Intrum Justica

:DNow gone from my life

Metropolition

:DGone and had to repay me 500 pounds

Red(Lowell)

:DCase Closed

Aktiv Kapital

:pWas so sad yo say good bye. Parting is such sweet sorrow.

MBNA :oops::-) No CCA No Debt You lost

when did u take out the agreement and how did u take it out?

Intrum Justica

Metropolition

Red(Lowell)

Aktiv Kapital

I took it about 10 years ago.In fact it was offered to me by Lloyds/TSB.

When you requested the CCA did you do it in writing and include the £1 fee?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

when did u last make a payment if its over 6 years ago then this debt is statue barred.

send them this

1 High Street,

Newtown,

Kent

R21 4RH

June 28, 2006

The Loan Company

Company House,

Church Street,

Newtown,

Kent,

R1 7HG

Dear Sir/Madam

Acc/Ref No 4563210025897412

You have contacted us regarding the account with the above reference number, which you claim is owed by ourselves.

We would point out that under the Limitation Act 1980 Section 5 “an action founded on simple contract shall not be brought after the expiration of six years from the date on which the cause of action accrued.”

We would also point out that the OFT say under their Debt Collection Guidance on statute barred debt that “it is unfair to pursue the debt if the debtor has heard nothing from the creditor during the relevant limitation period”.

The last payment of this alleged debt was made over six years ago and no further acknowledgement or payment has been made since that time. Unless you can provide evidence of payment or written contact from us in the relevant period under Section 5 of the Limitation Act, we suggest that you are no longer able to take any court action against us to recover the alleged amount claimed.

The OFT Debt Collection Guidance states further that “continuing to press for payment after a debtor has stated that they will not be paying a debt because it is statute barred could amount to harassment contrary to section 40 (1) of the Administration of Justice Act 1970”.

We await your written confirmation that this matter is now closed and that no further contact will be made concerning the above account after that last letter.

We look forward to your reply.

Yours faithfully

Mr A N Other

Print Do Not Sign Name

Intrum Justica

Metropolition

Red(Lowell)

Aktiv Kapital

Thanks for your message, but I think I did not explain it properly to you, I accepted the cc some ten years ago and I've been paying the minimum amount for this credit card which ahs on it now a balance of £7.700.I wrote to Lloyds several letters informing them that I am a pensioner and cannot afford paying the minimum amount at the moment.I offered to pay them £35.00 a month, they refused.I offered to pay £47.00 they also refused.Then I checked the file and noticed that it was a different number than the gold card I had.This is when I asked for the original agreement to be sent to me.They failed to do so.

Send them this letter http://www.consumerforums.com/resources/templates-library/86-debt-collectors/581-cca-request-letter including a postal order for £1 & send it recorded delivery, do not sign the letter. They have 12 working days from receipt to provide the CCA, if they fail to do so you can legally dispute the a/c and withold further payments until they comply to your request.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

ok do as cerberusalert said to do and let us know how you get on if they have no cca then they cant enforce the debt and you can withold payment

send of the cca request and us know what happens

Intrum Justica

Metropolition

Red(Lowell)

Aktiv Kapital

Thanks again for your help.I had already sent this letter.They failed to provide the original credit card agreement.They sent me a types agreement with no signature.I received afterwards a letter from a collection company threatening me to take me to Court.The last letter was from Lloyds/TSB is the initial one with which I started this blog. Shall I send them the letter again with £1.00?

who are the dca

Id quot circumiret, circumveniat.

please do not take my word for anything please do your own research All that i make comments on are done in good faith and to the best of my knowledge

I'd take a guess at Sechiari, Clark and Mitchell.......;)

Did you send the dispute letter to LTSB after they failed to produce a CCA?

:)I am not an expert, but I can give good advice about Brighthouse:)

Am learning more and more about DCA's too :)

I have no legal experience and all advice given is based on the knowledge I've gained from this site.

<------If you think I have been helpful, please feel free to tip my scales - remember to put your CAG name though!

well you say that my veiw who be our friends in Reigate.

please do not take my word for anything please do your own research All that i make comments on are done in good faith and to the best of my knowledge

Hmmm - possibly - but **** are the in-house DCA's who like to pretend they are solicitors ;) Just have to wait for the OP to post.

:)I am not an expert, but I can give good advice about Brighthouse:)

Am learning more and more about DCA's too :)

I have no legal experience and all advice given is based on the knowledge I've gained from this site.

<------If you think I have been helpful, please feel free to tip my scales - remember to put your CAG name though!

Shall I send them the letter again with £1.00?
If you didn't include the £1 with your first request just resend it. If you have already paid send this; http://www.consumerforums.com/resources/templates-library/86-debt-collectors/571-failiure-to-provide-a-copy-of-the-agreement-within-the-prescribed-timescale

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

The debt collectors are: MHA Collections.

WELL IF IT WAS ME I WOULD BIN THIS LETTER DO NOR RECOGNISED IT AS IT WOULD RECOGNISING THE ASSIGNMENT.

SO CHANGE THE ATTACK

SEND THIS TO THE BANK EDIT TO SUITDear Sirs

Account number

I write with regards to the above account with your organisation.

I respectfully request that you provide me by return a copy of the credit agreement which bears my signature. I require this as i have reason to believe that there may be discrepancies within the agreement which may leave it improperly executed.Additionally i require the underwriting sheet or other document showing any commissions paid to you by the broker or by you to the broker

(If you have any other reasons why you need the agreement such as misselling of PPI Add it here)

obviously if the agreement is improperly executed i would be entitled to ask the court to consider the agreement and make a declaration of the rights of parties to the agreement.

I must stress this request is NOT made pursuant to section 78 Consumer Credit Act 1974 but is made pursuant to the Civil Procedure Rules ( Pre action protocols and Part 31.16) and therefore unsigned copy will not suffice, only a copy of the original contract in its unaltered form will suffice in these circumstances

Please confirm if you still hold a copy of my signed agreement and that you will provide me with this document.

I do not view this as an unreasonable request given that by supplying the document which i have asked for it will allow me to assess if my case has merit and will help to resolve matters possibly without the need to involve the court and will undoubtedly save costs on both sides

I look forward to your reply and wouyld ask for a response by 4pm on XXXX Date ( Give 21 days to respond)

Regards

xxxxxxxxxxx

1st letter

Many thanks.Will do. Hope it works.

well if it does not we would have to consider taken them to court,

which they do not like, which is nice.

regards lilly white