You can now change your notification sounds by going to this link https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/index.php?/&app=soundboard&module=soundboard&controller=managesounds

You can find a library of free notification sounds in several places on the Internet. Here's one which has a very large selection https://notificationsounds.com/notification-sounds

BankFodder BankFodder

BankFodder BankFodder

mintygit

Complaint to Credit reference agency of Search by DCA

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 4024 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Hi

Thought I would just share this in case anyone is thinking of complaining about a DCA searching your credit reference.

****** DCA carried out an unrecorded search on my credit file, I am subscribed to alert emails from the credit reference agency so noticed straight away.

Did the usual complained to the Credit reference agency at the time, took 2 weeks then replied with the usual, will contact the ****** DCA to ask if it can be taken off or I can contact ****** DCA.

I told them that it's not good enough and I know that it's only an unrecorded search but I still did not give them permission to do so, and the debt they are chasing is in dispute due to no CCA not coming forward as yet, and I wanted it removed.

I have complained to OFT, part of their reply below...

In reference to your enquiry, a company gaining un-necessary or unauthorised details from you may be a breach of the Data Protection Act. As a result, I would suggest that you contact the Information Commissioners Office. You may contact them through their website www.ico.gov.uk. I have passed the details of your complaint to the appropriate Trading Standards Authority for their information. Whilst they may not contact you directly, they will take any action they feel is appropriate.

Will complain to ICO as well, not sure if anything will come of this and if anyone will ever do anything but I just want to keep being the thorn in the side of ****** DCA.

I suspect that they will say that they are acting on behalf of a creditor and that you had given the creditor permission when you first applied for the credit...

If I've helped feel free to add to my reputation.

I am not a Practising Lawyer. My comments are my opinion only. You should not rely upon those comments and should always take your own professional advice from a practising Solicitor or Barrister