Why do I bother with Virgin?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5372 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Well two reasons firstly because they're cheap, and I'd probably need to pay to get a Bt line installed.

That said I am constantly staggered by this organisation. Following three incorrect bills, and a falling out over the non-dd charge they levied the bills had been correct for a while.

I recieved a letter saying if I signed up for paperless billing I would get a discount of £12. Not a bad offer so I gave it a whirl.

No problems logging in, quite a decent little service. Except I only got the £1 discount for three months. I queried this on thier labour intensive webform and was told the offer only applied if you registerd before first March.

So really I just fancied a whinge and to share stories with other CAGers.

Oh almost forgot the corker:-

On a regular basis, we’ll review the packages and services we provide as well as our offers and on occasions we’ll rebalance our charges and restructure the service we offer. This may be due to additional features being added to the line up or to give better value for money to our customers.

Over the past year we’ve looked at ways we can reward and give something back to our customers. It started with our Broadband Size L customer’s we upgraded all our 4MB customers to a speed of 10MB. We will now be upgrading the speed of our Broadband Size M from 2MB to 10MB. This will be taking place between May and October 2009.

The £2.00 increase that came into effect from the 1.5.09 is not in anyway linked to the increase in broadband speed you will be receiving. All of our speed increases are free of charge. We have increased 10mb to 20mb, 4mb to 10mb at no extra cost and the same applies for our plan for the 2mb to 10mb upgrade. This £2.00 increase is part of our annual price review. I'm sorry about that. "

Yeah SURE it isn't...

I don't care about broadband speed as I began using the net with dial up, I just want to know where the feck I stand with the bill so its not different everytime.

Edited by indebtstudent
Virgin outdoing themselves

The views I express here are mere speculation based on my experience. I am not qualified nor insured to give legal advice and any action you take will be at your own risk.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Right scratch that, could do with changing the title of this thread now as the above is the least of my worries. Virgin have outdone themselves this time and apparently its all my fault. I may have to raise a thread in the Alliance & Leicester part of the forum.

Ok here goes after dispute last year about non dd charge, and the fact my bills had been right for sometime, I restarted on DD. Everything was fine last month, had a bill a little larger than usual and paid it off in two payments the last of which was two weeks before the DD date if not earlier.

Despite the fact that my e-bill states Balance due for Payment zero they still took the full amount of the DD. This resulted in the bank charging me a £25 payment review fee.

This occured five days before my pay went in, and when I rang Virgin they said I should've spoke to them or cancelled the DD. I didn't cancel the DD because of punitive charge and I didn't ring them because well thier staff a muppets and I don't like talking to India.

I've since done a direct debit indemity with the bank. Wrote to Virgin complaints making it clear I feel they should cover the charge as their position amounts to me suffering because thier systems are ^&*% don't communicate with each other.

Also the bank have reclaimed the amount under the DD guarantee but insist the charge stands. They are also levying another £25 charge as the account I have is with A & L and you get charge £5 a day (must've mis-understood this) up to a max of £25.

So far its cost £50 for a bill I've already paid, Virgin requested an amount which was not due, and the bank CHOSE to pay it.

I cannot accept this and have resolved to try to make a profit of £25 on the deal. Breaking even would be considered a win, I just can't get over thier attitude. The DD WILL be taken unless you contact us, but surely you claim a payment in respect of a bill which is due????

Any comments appreciated.

The views I express here are mere speculation based on my experience. I am not qualified nor insured to give legal advice and any action you take will be at your own risk.

Oh one thing I forgot my next bill has appeared online and it shows a credit even though I have had the money back from the indemnity claim.

So they wont take the DD this month then they will suddenly discover this next month and i will pay two months in one go I presume.

Should be entertaining when I ring tomorrow afternoon to confirm my balance.

Got the usual letter saying they will contact me within seven days over a week ago, they may have tried to ring me but I cant answer my phone at work.

I am aiming to get the bank and Virgin to refund, but I dont really care as long as I get back to where I was. Would be a moral victory to make a profit thought :)

Hmm thought there would've been some anti Virgin peeps along to help by now BUMP.