You can now change your notification sounds by going to this link https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/index.php?/&app=soundboard&module=soundboard&controller=managesounds

You can find a library of free notification sounds in several places on the Internet. Here's one which has a very large selection https://notificationsounds.com/notification-sounds

BankFodder BankFodder

BankFodder BankFodder

• Tweets

• Good morning all,   I have an update for you all, shortly after my first hearing i was told i would need to have a rehearing with another company, Obviously i agreed but after the initial grievance hearing the person then asked me to enter into a private conversation, I have received the settlement offer and are disgusted as its not even half of my monthly  salary, I'm not sure what to do at this stage as i dont have the funds to finance a solicitor,so any advice would be appreciated.  
    • Sorry, but what does this mean?   Who are ARC? It would be helpful if you could be a little bit more clear about what happened. I don't understand why you are not simply proceeding against Amazon – because it is clearly their responsibility as it was their driver or courier company
    • I understand that you were involved in a contentious divorce in respect of which there was a bill for court costs – £850. You decided to challenge the costs in court and you lost and an order was made against you. We decided to appeal the order but before the appeal was heard, the solicitors made you a without prejudice offer of a 50-50 split – £425. You agree to this and you signed the document to that effect which you returned to the solicitors. Despite that the solicitors are now trying to impose the original £850 order. Is that the correct order of events? "Without prejudice" is certainly something that doesn't seem to be very well understood, including by solicitors. "Without prejudice" can protect an offer from being disclosed to the court where the offer has been refused so that it is not binding on anyone. However, without prejudice cannot be used to hide everything from the court – including wrongdoings, unethical behaviour et cetera. It seems to me that once you sign the agreement you effectively had a contract. I'd like to know a little bit more about the agreement that you signed but presumably it was intended to bring a halt to any further proceedings. I don't think there is any difficulty about disclosing a contract to the court in the circumstances. It is only the offer which was made without prejudice. Once the agreement was accepted and signed then the document acquired a wholly different character. It was no longer an offer open to be accepted or refused. It was a legally binding contract which imposed obligations upon both sides. In my view the solicitors have acted in a highly unethical way and I would begin by making a complaint to the SRA. I wonder whether the solicitors proposed the 50-50 split to you without consulting with their client and when they then contacted their client and told her what had been agreed, she refused to accept it and on that basis the solicitors recognised that they had made an error but rather than accept their responsibility and footing the £425 out of their own pockets, they preferred to get it from you. Of course this is just speculation but it seems to me to be quite a possible scenario. I'd like to see the agreement post up here please – that my sense is that you should complain to the SRA and you should tell the solicitors that this is what you're doing.
    • What's the default date? It should be on your Credit File
    • i point you to two threads whereby you'll see an explanation by andy (post 22 here) https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/410486-lowell-interim-charging-order-from-credit-card-debt-2009/?tab=comments#comment-4912902   and   https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/406428-remortgage-issue/   if yours says:    written notice of the disposition was given to XX Council ( - disposition = sold vis: disposed of) ..... notice means letter telling them it's been sold -    doesn't say it must be paid or settled BEFORE disposition..   that's the way i read it.          
  • Our picks

• Currys Refuse Refund F/Freezer 5day old. Read more at https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/422656-currys-refuse-refund-ffreezer-5day-old/
      • 5 replies
    • Hi,  
      I was in Sainsbury’s today and did scan and shop.
      I arrived in after a busy day at work and immediately got distracted by the clothes.

I put a few things in my trolley and then did a shop.
      I paid and was about to get into my car when the security guard stopped me and asked me to come back in.

I did and they took me upstairs.
      I was mortified and said I forgot to scan the clothes and a conditioner, 5 items.
      I know its unacceptable but I was distracted and Initially hadn’t really planned to use scan and shop.

No excuse.
      I offered to pay for the goods but the manager said it was too late.
      He looked at the CCTV and because I didn’t try to scan the items he was phoning the police.

The cost of the items was about £40.
      I was crying at this point and told them I was a nurse, just coming from work and I could get struck off.

They rang the police anyway and they came and issued me with a community resolution notice, which goes off my record in a year.
      I feel terrible. I have to declare this to my employer and NMC.

They kept me in a room on my own with 4 staff and have banned me from all stores.
      The police said if I didn’t do the community order I would go to court and they would refer me to the PPS.

I’m so stressed,
      can u appeal this or should I just accept it?

Thanks for reading 
      • 7 replies
    • The courier industry – some basic points for customers. Read more at https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/421913-the-courier-industry-%E2%80%93-some-basic-points-for-customers/
      • 1 reply
    • The controversial sub-prime lender says the City watchdog is investigating its practices.
      View the full article
      • 0 replies
style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 4008 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

is this the correct form to use when complaining about the behaviour of HCEO serving writ of fi fa

NO.

A complaint against a High Court Enforcement Agent needs to be made to the High Court Enforcement Officers Association.

Google search will find details.

HOWEVER...a word of warning!!! The Association is a self regulating organisation. Up until lthe ast last few weeks the Head of this association was the owner of Sherforce Ltd who are one of the largest High Court Enforcement Companies !!

Guest Happy Contrails

The High Court Enforcement Officers Association is a private company, not an industry regulator so complaining to them wouldn't be worth your time.

The best route to settle a dispute with a High Court Enforcement Offcier is in the small claims track. https://www.moneyclaim.gov.uk/csmco/index.jsp The law prescribing HCEO fees for collecting unpaid writs (not County Court Judgements) is Regulation 13 & Schedule 3 of The High Court Enforcement Officers Regulations 2004. Broadly speaking it provides:

Where the sum due is £100 or less - 5%

Above £100 - 2.5%

Mileage Charges - 29.2p per mile Max £50

Seizure of goods - £2 per site

Walking possession fee. £3.25 a day

Transport and storage of removed goods "Reasonable costs" Not for gain - See Cullighan vs Marston (bailiffs) Group Ltd. It's probably nil.

Valuation of goods - "Reasonable costs" - must be actual disbursements, not for gain.

Sale of goods by auction Up to £100 - 15%

Next £900 - 12.5%

Above £1000 - 10%

Unlike certificated bailiffs, HCEO's cannot enter a property without permission. They are the same as a common debt collector but with a fancy name.

NO.

A complaint against a High Court Enforcement Agent needs to be made to the High Court Enforcement Officers Association.

Google search will find details.

HOWEVER...a word of warning!!! The Association is a self regulating organisation. Up until lthe ast last few weeks the Head of this association was the owner of Sherforce Ltd who are one of the largest High Court Enforcement Companies !!

Hi TT

I guess this guy is an agent serving on behalf of the Company as he does not appear to be on the HCEO register.

I have asked repeatedly since March that I be given details of his certificate and the Court from which he obtained it, but of course this has been ignored.

Resulting from a very detailed complaint sent to the Company as a result of information obtained from the SAR they provided, I received a reply which clearly shows they had not even read the complaint in detail for it never came close to answering any of the issues raised.

Previous to my original letter of complaint regarding the disgusting threatening behaviour of their agent another party in this matter also sent a written complaint to the Company involved but yet again no reply was received. (all corresondance has proof of posting and in most cases were sent recorded delivery)

I also questioned the charges this Company had imposed but as usual they did not even bother to address the subject, however..... following the set aside of the original judgement they wrote and offered to refund £xxxx but did not explain what this amount represented, on reading the letter further it was suggested the amount on offer would hopefully satisfy ALL the issues I had with them.

It would have been nice to have the amount on offer since my legal costs (mainly for advice) are eating away at my life savings BUT I will not condone the behaviour displayed by their agent when serving the writ nor can I ignore the disgusting manner in which this Company have handled my complaint and questions and I will most definately not respond to Blackmail.

Unlike certificated bailiffs, HCEO's cannot enter a property without permission. They are the same as a common debt collector but with a fancy name.

Thanks for that Happy Contrails, does the above mean that he had to ask permission to enter a commercial premises which is freely open to the public. The person in question threatened to smash down any locked door and refused to give any breakdown in the figures he quoted - as if he just plucked anything out of thin air.

This was for a CCJ which was transferred up, but then won a set aside as the Claimant had claimed the wrong sum of money (too much) which they were ordered to repay. What now happens to the fees paid to the HCEO.

Regards

PT

Please consider making a small donation to help keep this site running

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

HCEOs can enter commercial premises, so if the public are free to walk in, so are they. He did not need to ask for permission. Once entry is gained, bailiffs and HCEOs are free to seize 'goods' and break open locked doors or cabinets, if necessary. So once he gained entry, he had free rein.

I don't know that a small claims court is going to be able to deal very well with the HCEO's behaviour; it sounds like the Association should be the first port of call if the company refuse to respond.

Fees are best recovered via a detailed assessment in the High Court because the small claims court may not the expertise to deal with such matters and also the High Court or Costs Office can decide the fees.

I think the Walking Possession Fee is 25p per day, by the way, not £3.25 per day

I would try the Association first, then the Costs Office but the 'behaviour' aspect of the case may be difficult to prosecute...

As I have said MANY TIMES here on CAG....it should ALWAYS be the case that any complaint should first be sent to the relevant bailiff company to resolve.

In many cases we have found that sending a template of your Form 4 Complaint is all that is needed to resolve the issue.

Tomtubby

If you have a sec coud you have a look at my thread? I have a court date against CHandlers and wondered if you would have any ideas !! Thank you :)

Guest lipupfatty

Hceo Can Also Break Into Any Commercial Business Premises Unlike Other Bailiffs

That is correct but it is not the bone of contention.

This "HCEO" was given every cooperation during his visit however he behaved to my staff aggressively. I was not at the premises at the time and the person he was seeking was also not on the premises. He was given this information but continued to cause a nuisance. He was also invited to call at the home of the person he was there to see and offered proof the premises he was attending were not those of the debtor. He introduced himself as a HCEO but in reallity he was only acting as an agent to a firm of HCEO's.

My staff were not to know this and were given the impression his threats to remove all the stock from the premises carried serious consequences if they did not assist him.

I am amazed it will need court time, for what is after all simply the need for someone to wrap him over the knuckles and offer an apology.

The debt has been paid the set aside was ordered but the nightmare continues !!!

PT

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

sorry if anyone is confused by the log in but I am at another computer and the sign in is that of PT

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Ploddertom, do you have the name of this hceo's agent?

other than 'cock'

"dickhead "you refer to has a name but I have no idea where he came from, going by what I was charged for mileage suggests Newcastle upon Tyne, I am close to court hearing date so will give his initials as DW but will not publish his full name yet.

Good idea. After courts finished, it'll be great to see this dickheads real name and company details.

...maybe his mother realised what vile flesh had just fallen out of her and named him that anyway?:lol::lol: