You can now change your notification sounds by going to this link https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/index.php?/&app=soundboard&module=soundboard&controller=managesounds

You can find a library of free notification sounds in several places on the Internet. Here's one which has a very large selection https://notificationsounds.com/notification-sounds

BankFodder BankFodder

BankFodder BankFodder

heavenjj

Help!!! My university claims the tuition fee after my graduation...

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 4028 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

It sounds really funny, but it happens to me now, after the commencement, my university sends me an email which claims that I've unpaid due on 2005/2006 USD and 2006/2007 which is 5250 EURO... and even ask me to gather all the confirmation of payments (tuition fee) from previous years since they lost some confirmation of my payments... And the problem is I've either lost some confirmation when I moved out from my previous apartment, and after asking bank about the paper, they could only found those payment I have made from my account but not those with money transfer... What can I do now? Just pay them again? I don't want to be rip off like this...

Send them a SAR which will cost £10. They will have 40 days to send you all the information they hold on you. With luck they've lost your Student Loan agreement too. ;)

http://www.consumerforums.com/resources/templates-library/86-debt-collectors/576-subject-access-request-debt-a-dca

Anthrax alert at debt collectors caused by box of doughnuts

Make sure you do not post anything which identifies you. Although we can remove certain things from the site unless it's done in a timely manner everything you post will appear in Google cache & we do not have any control over that.

Vir prudens non contra ventum mingit

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

17 Port & Maritime Regiment RCT

Hi Cerberusalert!

Thx for the advice. One more thing is actually the problem is the secretary from my university, she is a dumb-ass, every year we have to submit the confirmation of payment to her in order to get the examination protocol and the student certificate for applying the resident card, and the payment can be made by 2 installments which should be done before 20 October and 10 March... I did pay all the tuition fee, otherwise I wouldn't be able to stay here, on the other hand, they didn't tell me I had any unpaid due untill the day of my commencement... I have no idea what do you they want from me... Simply just want to rip me off. Yesterday, I went to the dean office to ask the secretary about my documents, she didn't want to show me the documents at all and asked me "why" I'd like check my documents..., alright eventually she showed me the documents but while so all of the sudden she told me "oh well the other secretary has already took it for confirm all your payments... how funny is that I couldn't find one of the confirmation of payment (5250 euro which I made with cash transfer...) I saw 2 weeks ago... It looks like they want to rip me off before my leaving... Any suggestion to this situation? What can I do to make them stop ripping me off? My university gave different tuition fee to different student, especially for fee of the repeated exam, for example: 2 years ago I had to repeat one subject, they asked 1155 EURO for that, but the other student only was charged 800 USD... another thing is when I get into the university, they promise the tuition fee will be stay 10500 USD/year, but after 2 years they changed to 10500 EURO without notify any students... and one of my friend had to repeat the year, and school just raise his tuition fee from 10500 USD to 10500 EURO because the following classes are charged so...

unbelievable, yeah??? any suggestion to this mess?

Have you discussed this with your Tutor?

As for the paperwork that the Secretary finds/loses, all copies of these including agreements and course fees agreed will be included within the sar. She will not be involved in this process as it's the responsibilty of whoever is the licensed Data Controller at the Uni., who'll probably be the Bursar.

Make sure you do not post anything which identifies you. Although we can remove certain things from the site unless it's done in a timely manner everything you post will appear in Google cache & we do not have any control over that.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

surely there must be a record of cash transfer somewhere? otherwise money laundering would be simple?

uhm... thx for the advice and useful info. But you know I study in Poland, here is... you know... the school writes me letter today again:

Dir Sir,

We have double checked your payment and unfortunately we cannot find all payment. There is no also confirmation in your files from previous years.

Enclosed please finds the total payment you have made together with the dates we received the payments.

All payments yellow markted we cannot find, so please submit receipt which show us that you have paid.

And I totally agree with you both, let me tell you a funny thing about my university, the secretaries are incompetent, you need to fax your confirmation of payment or anything to them at least 3 times, because they never always lost it somehow, and some students transfer to other countries without paying the tuition fee here.... so there is a big issue with the fiance dept and you wouldn't believe this - my school has changed 3-4 times bank account number, they changed it every time when the new dean has elected... now I guess they are trying to get someone's money to fix that crap, and I am the victim...

I don't understand why they are doing this to me, perhaps it's all about payback time since I filed many complaints about the secretaries past few years...

Why they have right to ask me to give them the confirmation of payments again, but not actually blame themselves lost the paper? And they didn't show me any official paper - sthg like the bank statement of my school and so on but just give me list of unpaid due... really... it's really hard to take it...

I'm sorry, but I thought you were studying in the UK.

It would be pointless you sending a SAR because obviously Polish law is completely different to ours. I think the only thing you can do is provide the information they have asked for and prove that you have paid the course fees.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Hello! Cerberusalert:

Oh, it's my fault I didn't state myself clear. I have got all the confirmation now except that cash transfer..., is there anything I can do if I was studying in UK? I've heard that they have no right to claim it since there is a deadline of payment every year, and for god sake, why they didnt claim it years ago, now it's really difficult to trace the cash transfer which I made years ago..

thx for everything

All of the advice I gave above relates to UK law and would be relevant if you studied here.

As for confirmation of the cash transfer, can't to ask your bank for copies of your statements for the past 4 years? In the Uk banks have to keep these records for six years under the Data Protection Act & the Money Laundering Act. As Poland is in the EU I would suppose you have similar laws?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]