You can now change your notification sounds by going to this link https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/index.php?/&app=soundboard&module=soundboard&controller=managesounds

You can find a library of free notification sounds in several places on the Internet. Here's one which has a very large selection https://notificationsounds.com/notification-sounds

BankFodder BankFodder

BankFodder BankFodder

the_shadow

Quick Query - senior moment involved

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 4016 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Now, I'm sure I've read somewhere on here about codes of practice being binding on signees under UTCCR?

Is this correct? Does this correspond to all codes of practice or just a set of named codes?

I'm trying to think of a way that Banking Codes should be enforced rather than use the FOS and wondered if a court order application could be put in for non-conformity to its own codes of practice?

S.

Are You as Anonymous on CAG as You Think You Are? *Link*

The CAG is a free help site,should you be offered help that requires payment,please report it to site team.

Deal with your debts:

STEP ONE - Dont Panic! | STEP TWO - Priority & Non Priority Debts | STEP THREE - Personal Budget Sheet | STEP FOUR - A SAFE bank Account | STEP FIVE - Dealing with Priority Debts | STEP SIX - Non-priority Debts | STEP SEVEN - Non-Priority Debt-Repayment Opt1 | STEP EIGHT - Non-Priority Debt-Repayment Opt2 | STEP NINE - Perils of Consolidation | STEP TEN - RE-Evaluate Frequently

***** SERIOUSLY IN DEBT, DONT KNOW WHAT TO DO, TRY NationalDebtLine's MoneySteps *****

IMPORTANT: Please take my advice in the spirit it is given and on the basis that I am expressing my opinion, These opinions are not endorsed by CAG in anyway and are offered informally without prejudice or warranty of any kind. These opinions are solely based upon the knowledge I've gained from this fantastic site and life in general. I have NO legal training.

Ooo thank you, knew I'd seen it somewhere... off to spend a couple of hours reading the CPUTR now.

Rep added.

:-D

• Haha 1

The CAG is a free help site,should you be offered help that requires payment,please report it to site team.

Deal with your debts:

STEP ONE - Dont Panic! | STEP TWO - Priority & Non Priority Debts | STEP THREE - Personal Budget Sheet | STEP FOUR - A SAFE bank Account | STEP FIVE - Dealing with Priority Debts | STEP SIX - Non-priority Debts | STEP SEVEN - Non-Priority Debt-Repayment Opt1 | STEP EIGHT - Non-Priority Debt-Repayment Opt2 | STEP NINE - Perils of Consolidation | STEP TEN - RE-Evaluate Frequently

***** SERIOUSLY IN DEBT, DONT KNOW WHAT TO DO, TRY NationalDebtLine's MoneySteps *****

IMPORTANT: Please take my advice in the spirit it is given and on the basis that I am expressing my opinion, These opinions are not endorsed by CAG in anyway and are offered informally without prejudice or warranty of any kind. These opinions are solely based upon the knowledge I've gained from this fantastic site and life in general. I have NO legal training.

Ok...think I've found the relevant section..

Misleading actions

5.—(1) A commercial practice is a misleading action if it satisfies the conditions in either paragraph (2) or paragraph (3).

(3) A commercial practice satisfies the conditions of this paragraph if—

(a) it concerns any marketing of a product (including comparative advertising) which creates

confusion with any products, trade marks, trade names or other distinguishing marks of a

competitor; or

(b) it concerns any failure by a trader to comply with a commitment contained in a code of conduct which the trader has undertaken to comply with, if—

(i) the trader indicates in a commercial practice that he is bound by that code of conduct, and

(ii) the commitment is firm and capable of being verified and is not aspirational, and it causes or is likely to cause the average consumer to take a transactional decision he would not have taken otherwise, taking account of its factual context and of all its features and circumstances.

any thoughts?

S.

Deal with your debts:

S, it relates to all codes!

AC

S, it relates to all codes!

AC

Cheers AC, followed OnMyWayOut thread and spotted that too :-D

Will be composing a nice letter to the OC tomorrow.

S.

Deal with your debts:

Ooo an interesting development, I originally complaint to the BCSB who are responsible for the monitoring and enforcement of Banking code apparently.

They fobbed me off with the usual.. use FOS, we dont look at individual complaints.

I countered that it was more than likely if it was happening to me to be happening to other accounts, ergo a material breach rather than simple single complaint.

Got an email response today that their compliance dept wants to talk to crapital one and asked for my permission and details. As ever that discussion will remain private so I doubt I'll receive anything back but anything that puts a nail in CrapitalOnes coffin is good news as far as I'm concerned :-D

.... and this on the day they received my letter quoting CPUTR2008 breach too :-D :-D

S.

Deal with your debts: