Hsbc.not Complying With Cca Requst!

moonshinebabe
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5404 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

hiya

I wrote to HSBC requesting a true copy of my Agreement, however, im no fool and I did not sign the letter.

They wrote back saying they will not comply with my request until I sign a letter so they can verify my identity, as it is the 'Banks Policy' and they take personal security very seriously.

It has now passed the 12 day mark( they did not comply within 12 days), and I have written to them again saying that I am not obliged to send them a sample of my signiture under the CCA, and they must adhere to my request, and that for many years they have been sending me letters with sensitive information in, so why question my identity now???! I have also suggested I am happy to send alternative means of my ID (ie copy of passport) but i will not send my signiture.

So although they have said they wont send me a copy until i sign a letter, HSBC are not above the law are they although they like to think they are, and they are trying get round it by saying its 'their policy' etc, although they have taken my fee!

I personally think they are trying to blow smoke up my behind! Anyway, what is the next stage, would it be to send a SAR ?

Can someone tell me what a CPR is - seen it on here a lot but dont know what it means. Any help on how to tackle HSBC would be much appreciated!;)

Hi moonshinebabe , welcome to the forum :)

There are two or three courses you can take here :

1. You can offer to go to the local branch and prove your ID with passport , driving Licence or utility bills ... (If you send your passport , how do they know it's you ? LOL! )

2. You can stick to your guns as you have and tell them you're not obliged to give them a signature - but they'll just time-waste and argue the toss

or

3. You can give them a signature on a Tamper- proof panel like this , just to rub in that you don't trust them .......:rolleyes:

"]clip_image002.jpg

As for CPR - it stands for Civil Procedural Rules and is the authority under which you can ask for your information from the banks if you think court action might be further down the line - it's more likely to trigger compliance than asking under the CCA ......

Civil Procedural Rules

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/legal-issues/173201-why-you-shouldnt-use.html

Edited by johnnymitch

Nemo me impune lacessit

Advice & opinions given by johnnymitch are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

If you think I've helped you please feel free to tickle my star :-D

Sorry , moonshinebabe , that link to the tamperproof panel has corrupted - but you can use a print of your name in Block Capitals and sign over it - so it can't be 'lifted' ..... does the same job......

If you need further help , don't hesitate to ask - someone will answer - and we're a friendly lot on here ...... :D

btw - you could also have read of Lee 32 's thread - she was in this position before you I think .....

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/hsbc-bank/188794-hsbc-cca-non-compliance.html

Nemo me impune lacessit

Advice & opinions given by johnnymitch are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

If you think I've helped you please feel free to tickle my star :-D