Coming to the end of Halifax Student Account term.

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5406 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi there

Have just come across this site, how fantastic and comprehensive this site it. Just wondering if anyone can help me with my question/ concern?

I took out a Halifax Student Account in 2005 when I started a 3yr degree course (already a Halifax Mortgage and Credit Card customer). This August marks the 4th anniversary of my opening the account and also marks the end of my 0% overdraft rate. I am a little concerned about what happens next. I have 2750 overdraft which I can't afford to pay off all at once (working on paying off other student debts too) so can anyone advise me what happens next, will Halifax demand that I repay the overdraft in full or does the account transfer to a standard current account?

Many thanks in advance for your help.

I would cheque the terms of the Halifax Graduate account since usually with some banks there is a reducing overdraft facility(well the interest free part of it).

FSA Waiver on Bank Charges:http://www.fsa.gov.uk/pages/Doing/Regulated/Notify/Waiver/pdf/dir_quart_0709.pdf

MThorn

if you still enjoy a good working relationship with your bank are you unable to discuss this with them it may well be helpfull to you

djc

yourbank

keep posting remember others that are not as forthcoming as your goodself with similiar problem may benefit from your posting.

good luck

djc