Black Horse Loan -is it enforceable?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5409 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi there

I am quite new to this site, and I love it, its such a friendly place, and this is my first post, if this is in the wrong section please could a mod move it to where it should be as Im still finding my way around!

I have a Black Horse fix sum loan agreement, however, after receiving a copy very promptly from BH, literally days after I requested it, I have gone over it, however, there is a small point within that I question whether it is actually enforceable.

It says:

'you have no right to cancel this Agreement under the CCA 1974....' however I have seen somewhere on this site that they should make in clear within the agreement that there is a cooling off period and details will be sent within 7 days of the Agreement - but nothing was sent.

Hhhm i dont know whether i am clutching at straws here !

I could always scan a copy in (with my details deleted) but i need to know how as i have never done it before!

Thank you!

'moonshinebabe' xx

There are two possible reasons why you may have no right to cancel the Agreement under the CCA 1974,

1) The Agreement was signed on trade premises or

2) The Agreement was secured on Land or for the purchase of Land.

enamae

Please note: I have no qualifications in this area and any advice offered is given in good faith.

http://www.financial-ombudsman.org.uk/publications/Ombudsman-news/40/40_setoff.htm

All the prescribed terms are contained within that first page, which also bears your signature, so they have complied with the request. I am very surprised about the 0% interest rate!!!

I would have to say enforceable.

Hmmmmm - not convinced. They could produce page 2 at anytime, so maybe it is worth writing to request it. The last thing you want is to put this into dispute and then for them to go "ta-da - here's the rest of it".

I guess that's the next move then?

If you have the 2nd page that they are referring to, then yes, it is enforceable.

Signing on the premises takes away your right to cancel as well......

Your best bet would be to write to them and offer a monthly payment that you can afford.