Britsh Gas digging heels in!

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5410 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

My wife has a small card shop and recently decided to switch her electricity supplier from British Gas to another supplier.

British Gas have however refused her request as apparently she signed a five year contract in March 2006

British Gas sent a very poor copy of the contract – hardly legible – its undated apart from the handwritten date under the wife’s signature.

I don’t know if this was a ‘fixed price contract’ but I note that the rate has increased from 7.95 on the contract to 11.65p/kWh

Not only that but…..the signed contract which they are insisting my wife adheres to has a standing charge figure inserted of ‘0.00p/day’ and yet she is being charged at 48.460p/day (£43.61 per quarter)

If the wife HAS to abide by this contract can she now demand a rebate on the standing rebate overcharge?

First you must ask for a legible copy of the contract together with any terms and conditions there were applicable at the time of the contract. Ask also for a copy of the letter they sent to inform your wife of any change

It is very likely that the contract allows them to change the charging structure and the cost of electricity supplied. Even if they have this power they should have informed your wife of any change.

If the contract was a fixed price contract they can change nothing so a rebate is due.

British Gas sues Accenture over billing ‘shambles’ - Times Online