Jump to content

You can now change your notification sounds by going to this link https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/index.php?/&app=soundboard&module=soundboard&controller=managesounds


You can find a library of free notification sounds in several places on the Internet. Here's one which has a very large selection https://notificationsounds.com/notification-sounds



BankFodder BankFodder


BankFodder BankFodder


Britsh Gas digging heels in!

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 4023 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Recommended Posts

My wife has a small card shop and recently decided to switch her electricity supplier from British Gas to another supplier.

British Gas have however refused her request as apparently she signed a five year contract in March 2006

British Gas sent a very poor copy of the contract – hardly legible – its undated apart from the handwritten date under the wife’s signature.

I don’t know if this was a ‘fixed price contract’ but I note that the rate has increased from 7.95 on the contract to 11.65p/kWh

Not only that but…..the signed contract which they are insisting my wife adheres to has a standing charge figure inserted of ‘0.00p/day’ and yet she is being charged at 48.460p/day (£43.61 per quarter)

If the wife HAS to abide by this contract can she now demand a rebate on the standing rebate overcharge?

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

First you must ask for a legible copy of the contract together with any terms and conditions there were applicable at the time of the contract. Ask also for a copy of the letter they sent to inform your wife of any change


It is very likely that the contract allows them to change the charging structure and the cost of electricity supplied. Even if they have this power they should have informed your wife of any change.


If the contract was a fixed price contract they can change nothing so a rebate is due.


British Gas sues Accenture over billing ‘shambles’ - Times Online

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 Caggers

    No registered users viewing this page.

  • Have we helped you ...?

  • Create New...