You can now change your notification sounds by going to this link https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/index.php?/&app=soundboard&module=soundboard&controller=managesounds

You can find a library of free notification sounds in several places on the Internet. Here's one which has a very large selection https://notificationsounds.com/notification-sounds

BankFodder BankFodder

BankFodder BankFodder

bigegg

Life Insurance + debts question.

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 4023 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Not sure if this is in right place, so could someone move it if neccessary please?

Quick background:

I have an old family friend whose husband is in the final stage of terminal cancer.

My friend is the executor of the will.

My friend's husband has substantial (20,000 +) debts - all unsecured, no other assets.

There is a large (200K) life insurance policy payable to friend.

I have been helping friend with CCA requests and such (hubby is doped up to eyeballs, and no longer coherent - friend has letter giving permission to discuss debts with whoever but NOT power of attorney).

questions -

Friend is disabled, and is loooking to buy converted house for 24hr carer + children with life insurance - she is currently council house tenant.

Is the life insurance payout counted as part of husbands estate?

In the event of husband dying without further assets, will the debts just be "written off" or is my friend likely to be chased for years - she will be main beneficiary of will, as well as executor.

None of the debtors have supplied a valid CCA at the moment.

Carpe Jugulum

Bump - appreciate any help on this please - especially:

Does life insurance payable to wife become part of husband's estate?

Carpe Jugulum

I phoned a solicitor today, just to ask the question:

if the policy is written "payable in trust", then it is paid to the beneficiary without becoming part of the deceased's estate.

Otherwise it IS part of the estate (and thus may attract inheritance tax).

If you get a life insurance policy, it might be worth checking the wording!

Carpe Jugulum