Littlewoods Constant Harrassment

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5371 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hey guys, I keep getting 20+ phonecalls a day from Littlewoods regarding the £60 I 'owe' them. This is all made up of their charges as well as another £24 they owe me. I've done a search on here as I want to claim back the charges but all the threads seem to be on disputing a Signed CCA which is not what I want to do.

Is there a template letter for reclaiming the charges etc?

Many thanks

EM

Follow the nroaml procedure and the same templates as use for claiming charges from any bank

Hiya Electricmayhem,

Have a look through these template letters http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/general-debt-issues/20758-creditors-dcas-letter-templates.html

Hope they help, also don't forget to also tell then to stop calling you as all these calls your getting is harassment, tell them to only contact you by letter. Remember, tell them, don't ask them!!!

Best of luck!

Claim the charges, using one of the templates. The account is in dispute then and they can't legally pursue you for the debt. Also, have a look at this:

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/debt-collection-industry/99376-telephone-harassment-action-plan.html

If I have been helpful in any way, please tip my scales :lol:

Don't forget to make a formal complaint using their complaints procedure, and take it to the maximum, also inform them you have made a complaint to the OFT,Ofcomand your local Police (not 999) for breaching the Protection from Harassment Act 1997http://www.opsi.gov.uk/acts/acts1997/ukpga_19970040_en_1

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

hi electricmayhem, i am the same with the phone calls i have sent them the letters from here (my threadis littlewoods ugent please) it may help you .

also i have sent them telephone harrssemnt letter, now i sent them hardship letter and filled in the forms for hardship they agreed but did nothing and i pay £5 amonth i cannot afford that and with the harrassemnt i paid £1 this month

they are adding charges left right and centre including debt collection letter fees

and

insufficient mim payments fees

abg

here is what i have sent them

Littlewoods Direct

Dear Sir/Madam,

I am anxious to resolve matters with regard to the above matter. You are not assisting in this respect by harassing me and causing unnecessary stress. .

Please stop making telephone calls to me. This includes my home and landline telephone number . It is very distressing , harassing and annoying to continually have to get up and monitor the telephone and filter out unwanted calls..

I Will not under any circumstances discuss this matter verbally over the telephone or in person.

Cognisant of the ever increasing threat of identity fraud and theft of personal financial information and data, it has been our family policy , for quite some time now, in dealing with all our bank , service and other financial providers that we never give personal security information or a part thereof to inbound telephone callers , nor do we discuss financial matters verbally.

The above policies also apply to personal uninvited callers to our home and for this reason I would also ask you to note that I would never agree at any time for you, your agents or representatives to call personally at my home nor would I ever discuss this matter with an uninvited personal caller, therefore please do not ask to make any such appointment. or use “threats” of personal calls to my home..

In light of the above it therefore follows , given that any further calls by telephone or personal uninvited call from you, your agents or representatives would never “get past” confirmation of identity nor would any “security “ information be disclosed , any further attempts by you to contact me in this way can only be seen (by a right thinking person) as an attempt to continue to cause further harassment and distress.

It may be the case that you were unaware of the reasons why I will not accept telephone calls and/or personal callers, however now that you are fully aware of the reasons , if you continue to ignore my request it will be at risk of formal complaints and possible legal proceedings and claims for damages.

- 2 -

It is also our family policy, in respect of dealings with all , service providers and other financial providers to insist that ALL communications are in writing in order to avoid any dispute as to what may or may not have been said or done and to provide an audit trail of events. This can only be to our mutual benefit.

Whilst I appreciate that this is a very formal way of contact it does in fact allow the matter to be dealt with in a more efficient and businesslike manner..

I undertake to respond to written communication (excluding letters asking me to call you on the telephone or to make appointments or “threaten” personal calls to my home) normally within 7 days and certainly no longer than 14 days of receipt.

As a consequence of the foregoing you may therefore assume that any written communication from you which is not responded to by me within 14 days is likely to have not reached me and you may wish to re send the document- particularly if it is considered to be an important one.

May I also remind you that as holders of a licence to operate under the Consumer Credit Act it is your responsibility to be aware of and act within the rules of the CCA and OFT rules and guidelines and it is not for me to have to quote the legislation to you

I trust I have made my position clear and that we can now try to resolve this matter more amicably and efficiently .

I have filled in the form for Hardship but you have choosen to ignore this as well.

Yours sincerely

Littlewoods Direct

Dear Sir/Madam,

Please stop making telephone calls to me. This includes my home and landline telephone number . It is very distressing , harassing and annoying to continually have to get up and monitor the telephone and filter out unwanted calls.

Stop with the pleasentries! Just like little children if they know it is having an effect on you, they will continue doing it!

Complain to the OFT, your network provider (BT-Virgin etc) get them to intercept the calls, then make a complaint about them to your local Police Station (not 999) and tell them your are being verbally harassed by this company, onec you have a crime reference number you can send this along with your formal complaint to littlesh*ts, beside the police may beat you to it and ring them on your behalf, the protection from harassment act 1997 isn't just for those who now how to work the system.

You can also use how to complain

The letter should read,

Dear littlesh*ts

Your continued harassment of me has now been reported to my Local Police, the Office of Fair Trading, my phone provider, Ofcom , and my local MP.

You are in breach of the Protection from Harassment act 1997

And as you well know, you are also in clear breach of the OFT debt collection Guidelines and the Telecommunications Act 1984

I trust that as you now know I am fully aware of my rights and your blatant flagrant attitude towards the law, that your actions will be shown with the same disregard.

:p:p:p:p:p:p:p

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

electricmayhem-

First thing is to get a list of all the charges. If you dont have all your statements send a SAR for them.

Once you have dates and amounts of unlawful charges and the amount interest they have unlawfully slapped on you send them a letter before action telling them you want the total amount back.

They will ignore this, so then you simply start a small claim. Once you have done this, the calls will stop.

And dont let them get you into a conversation with them. Just refuse to conform your ID and postcode when they ring. Just say "Put it in writing" then hang up, everytime.

NEVER EVER SPEAK TO THEM.

1) Get your statements (if you dont have them already)

2) Get list of all charges, then work out how much interest has been added to each charge. (They may even owe you a bucketful of cash!)

3) Letter Before Action

4) Small Claim, then wait for them to wave the white flag.

Oh yeah, dial 14258 after a call and the last number will be blocked.

Aha! Every day is a school day, another snippet of information that will be useful to others on here!;)

Edited by Bazooka Boo
Booze induced typo!

• 3 weeks later...

hello all, please excuse me for not ccomming in i have had health probs, now i am just getting over kidney stones but i felt i should get back here as this is now driving me mad

i do have my own thread about littlewoods also i am here as well in yours

HERES MY UPDATE

I have done everything i have been advised on here.

I have sent all the documentations and letters with the help of everyone.

now littlewoods send me a reply saying they are (again) looking into this there normal this is the 3rd time i have got this since dealing with them i am still waiting for cca copy.

now yesterday i got a letter littlewoods have now refered me to NDR so now i dont know what to say to these do i have to re do the same all the same letters etc here is the letter ffrom

NDR

Office Hours: Monday - Friday 8:00am - 9:00prr

Saturday 8:30am - 4:30pm

Claimanfs name

tyvvvm for any help advice

abg

and address:

Shop Direct Finance Company Limited

Aintree Innovation Centre, Park Lane, Netherton, Bootie L30 1SL

to act on their behalf in securing repayment for the sum of £418.81 in

respect of purchases made from Very.

Accordingly, we give notice that unless this account is paid - or a satisfactory

repayment arrangement is made within 7 days, our client will take the

following action:

Register a Default at the Credit Reference Bureau which will remain on

your credit file for 6 years and may affect your ability to gain further

credit in the future.

court procceedings court costs

If you wish to Pf:lY ~

your arrears in full:

If you can pay your arrears in full within the next 7 days then we will remove

ail default charges and additional interest applied to your account.

If you wish to make ~

an offer of repayment:

If you wish to make an offer of repayment you should do so within seven days

by contacting us on 08448224095.

Balance £418.81

Arrears £188.08

Minimum payment required £223.65

Our reference:

XDRlj0004639

Nationwide

Hi, as the alleged debt is made up of charges and interest, your first action should be to get a list of the charges and making a claim for the return (if you have paid them) or removal from the balance (if you havent)

Dont fanny about with writing letters which you have now found are just ignored.

Just get on with your claim.

If you dont have a list of charges, send them a SAR for all statements etc. The charges will be noted on these statements.

Once you have a list of these, start a small claim in the same way as reclaiming credit card charges.

Sorry to be brutal about this, but legal action by you is the only thing they will understand.

• Haha 1

Hi ty for your reply guess what yes another notice of default sums under the consumer credit act 1974

debt collection letter fee and insufficent min payment fee £24

I did send them the £1 for the cca but they took it off my account they are not allowed to do this but yes they did.

i now will do what you have said and will let u know what i get back from them.

i have a thread also ugt littlewoods tyvvm

abg

So they didnt supply you with a copy of the agreement? According to pt2537, Littlewoods dont have keep them!

They can do what they like with the £1, though as they havent complied with your request they are up the creek without a paddle (or a canoo!)

Do you have a list of all their charges?

If not send them a SAR- look in the templates library for a template.

When you get all your statements find all the charges, work out the interest added, then sue them for this amount.

Sorted. :D

• 2 weeks later...

I would make a complaint to the The Office of Fair Trading: Contact us

[email protected]

Financial Ombudsman Service

Consumer Direct who will inform TS.

Complaints - Privacy & electronic communication - ICO

How to Complain

Littlewoods should'nt have sold the debt on whilst it is in dispute, and they know it, unless of course NDR are their in house DCA??

Tell littlewoods you want a copy of their complaints procedure within seven days.