phishing emails starting to get more elaborate

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5351 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

THIS IS MY THIRD AND FINAL MAIL TO YOU!!!

On behalf of the Trustees and Executor of the estate of Late Engr.Jochen Kruger. I once again try to notify you as my earlier letter were returned undelivered.

I wish to notify you that late Engr.Jochen Kruger made you a beneficiary to his WILL. He left the sum of Thirty Million, One Hundred Thousand Dollars (USD$30, 100.000.00) to you in the Codicil and last testament to his WILL.

This may sound strange and unbelievable to you, but it is real and true. Being a widely travelled man, he must have been in contact with you in the past or simply you were nominated to him by one of his numerous friends abroad who wished you good. Engr. Jochen Kr?ger until his death was a member of the Helicopter Society and the Institute of Electronic & Electrical Engineers.

Please if I reach you as I am hopeful, endeavor to get back to me as soon as possible to enable me conclude my job.

You are advice to contact me with my personal email: (Edit), Await your prompt response.

Yours in Service,

BARRISTER MARCUS ANDREEN ESQ.

PRINCIPAL PARTNERS: Barrister Aidan Walsh.Esq Markus

Wolfgang, Mr. John Marvey Esq., Mr. Jerry Smith Esq.

ARE THE NIGERIANS STARTING TO GET GOOD AT THIS

THE BARRISTER TOUCH IS NICE THOUGH

HAVE FUN

Edited by maroondevo52
Removed e-mail address

just google BARRISTER MARCUS ANDREEN ESQ

he is such a busy lad giving out all this money

NEVER FORGET

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Help Our Hero's Website

http://www.helpforheroes.org.uk/

HIGHWAY OF HEROES

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/bear-garden/181826-last-tribute-our-lads.html

Like Cooking ? check the Halogen Cooker thread

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/bear-garden/218990-cooking-halogen-cookers.html

The really sophisticated phising scams are those from the bank.

This is where you receive a 'genuine' log in page from your bank, but there are subtle changes.

It will say that computer errors or security update requires you to enter your account details and pin number and usually your name as well.

The email address it has been sent from is the banks genuine email address, but the actual address it will be sent to is hidden.

If you are fooled by it, you fill in the information and click enter which sends the email to the [problematic], however, the clever bit is that you are now presented with the real log in page from the real bank saying an error occured and to try again. If you try again, you will be logged into your genuine account so will be unaware that the first page you clicked on was a [problem].

There are three main things that 'will' tell you it is a [problem].

1. The bank (any bank) will never ever ask for log in details in an email. The pin number is of no use to them, no one in the bank has ever seen it and it is not available to be viewed by staff.

2. The email will be addressed 'Dear Customer' when is would have your name if it was from the bank.

3. There will be no green address bar or the padlock will be missing.

How do they know what bank you are with? They don't. They send out emails, (lets say Halifax) to so many people, that it is bound to land in some Halifax customers email box.

The really sophisticated phising scams are those from the bank.

This is where you receive a 'genuine' log in page from your bank, but there are subtle changes.

It will say that computer errors or security update requires you to enter your account details and pin number and usually your name as well.

The email address it has been sent from is the banks genuine email address, but the actual address it will be sent to is hidden.

If you are fooled by it, you fill in the information and click enter which sends the email to the [problematic], however, the clever bit is that you are now presented with the real log in page from the real bank saying an error occured and to try again. If you try again, you will be logged into your genuine account so will be unaware that the first page you clicked on was a [problem].

There are three main things that 'will' tell you it is a [problem].

1. The bank (any bank) will never ever ask for log in details in an email. The pin number is of no use to them, no one in the bank has ever seen it and it is not available to be viewed by staff.

2. The email will be addressed 'Dear Customer' when is would have your name if it was from the bank.

3. There will be no green address bar or the padlock will be missing.

How do they know what bank you are with? They don't. They send out emails, (lets say Halifax) to so many people, that it is bound to land in some Halifax customers email box.

Had them Conniff from A&L, Halifax, RBS, HBOS and LloydsTSB.

I've only ever banked with one of these eejits, but I did fill in the other forms using things like sweary words for my name, acc number was 6969696969 etc and various other bits and pieces :)

Oh and you're spot on about the link back to the banks main site, very convincing it was too :)

Archway

Had them Conniff from A&L, Halifax, RBS, HBOS and LloydsTSB.

I've only ever banked with one of these eejits, but I did fill in the other forms using things like sweary words for my name, acc number was 6969696969 etc and various other bits and pieces :)

:)

I have to admit that I have done the same Archway. Some of my passwords etc; have been very derogatory (to say the least).

We have had a new one at work, we use the 'Citrix' system for logging in from external sites to the main server. Had an email claiming to be from Citrix wanting to know username and password to enable them do system maintenance.

Luckily the first person to recieve in the company was one of the IT people so warning went out straight away not to respond.

Yorky.

• 3 weeks later...

well well

thats another one got passed the spam filter

VODAFONE Telecommunication Network.

(Everywhere you go)

AMOUNT WON: €500.000.00

Ticket No:VDF/V/Card/698/1876

Notification Date:03/08/2009

Winning No:M/V/card/181/2009

Dear Beneficiary,

Congratulations The VODAFONE Mobile Telecommunication Network service has

choosen you by the board of Executive Directors as one of the final

recipients of a Cash Grant/Donation.The online cyber draws was conducted

from an exclusive list of 100,000 email addresses of individuals and

corporate bodies picked by an advanced automated random computer selection

from the web.This promotion is to Promote Our Product.

We are giving out a Monthly Donation of (€500.000.00) EUR to 10

lucky recipients for the month of July as a way of showing our appreciation,

to Promote Our Product and to help improve the living standard of Citizens

around the Globe.

Contact Our Office In Greece,

Tzavella Street 152 31,Halandri, Greece.

Telephone: +306996989433

Email:[email protected]

Fill this information for Verification.

1.Full Name:.......

2.Residential Address:....

3.Country:......

4.Occupation:......

5.Telephone:....

6.Sex:....

7.Age:....

8.Next of Kin:.....

9.Nationality:....