RBS defaulting me - no CCA, here we go!

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5359 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

LMFAO diddydicky, you're too quick for me, I had to read that a few times before the light went on :lol:

Interesting mental image all the same!

Have tickled yours too, I'm just that kinda gal :p

Dipply75

I am in no way a legal advisor and only speak from my own experiences and the helpful advice of those in the same boat! :p

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

LMFAO diddydicky, you're too quick for me, I had to read that a few times before the light went on :lol:

Interesting mental image all the same!

Have tickled yours too, I'm just that kinda gal :p

just saw you were in scotland

give my regards to my two gay friends up there in glasgow

Ben Doon and

Phllup M'cCavity

lol, is that Phil McCrack's brothers?

Not really off topic, this thread is all about being bent over and......:eek:

While I am on, got one that needs advice. My sister CCA'd RBS ages ago, no response. She has just won her PPI fight against them for a previous loan and accepted their offer by signing the acceptance and returning it as asked.

Weeks have went by and no cheque then she receives a letter today stating " To secure payment of the money it is necessary to confirm your signature as without this I am unable to process your case.

It then asks her to visit her local branch with the letter, the pre-paid envelope and ask them to photocopy a form of photo ID certifying it is a true copy. (all of those bear signatures do they not)

She is then to hand the pre-paid envelope to the staff as this will enable them to foward to them the certified documentation together with the letter, so they can proceed to process the declaration and acceptance.

My question is...EH? :confused:

Why on earth after receiving her SIGNED acceptance does she have to go through this very specifically stated step by step rigmarol inc. phot ID and confirming signatures just to get the refund they have offered?

I will say again that they haven't complied wiht the CCA request.....Hmmmm I wonder

Dipply75

I am in no way a legal advisor and only speak from my own experiences and the helpful advice of those in the same boat! :p

While I am on, got one that needs advice. My sister CCA'd RBS ages ago, no response. She has just won her PPI fight against them for a previous loan and accepted their offer by signing the acceptance and returning it as asked.

Weeks have went by and no cheque then she receives a letter today stating " To secure payment of the money it is necessary to confirm your signature as without this I am unable to process your case.

It then asks her to visit her local branch with the letter, the pre-paid envelope and ask them to photocopy a form of photo ID certifying it is a true copy. (all of those bear signatures do they not)

She is then to hand the pre-paid envelope to the staff as this will enable them to foward to them the certified documentation together with the letter, so they can proceed to process the declaration and acceptance.

Why on earth after receiving her SIGNED acceptance does she have to go through this very specifically stated step by step rigmarol inc. phot ID and confirming signatures just to get the refund they have offered?

I will say again that they haven't complied wiht the CCA request.....Hmmmm I wonder

no they are irish

micheal fitzpatrick and patrick fitzmichael!!

more to do with payback i think than any attempt to mis use her signature

she can tell them she doesnt drive anymore so does not have a licence

doesnt travel so does not have a passport

2 utility bills are sufficient and she should tell them that she will go back to court for an order if they refuse to comply

or failing that, ask the bank to check their own records for a copy of her signature (RBS use a system known as ISV or Image Signature Verification) which should hold a copy of her original scanned signature from her account opening papers.

I think this may be more to do with Anti Impersonation rules to ensure the funds go to the correct person. If you have a passport or Drivers Licence it seems crazy not to comply when you've come this far. Why create further delays with the courts?

Hi all, thanks for the replies. I think she will be doing it anyhoo, but it just seems strange, over the top and for no valid reason we can think of...its not like they state why.

Having double checked the original settlement offer (letter from bank, court was not required) they said sign this declaration and acceptance and we will put the money in your current a/c.

So no extra security required, not sending out a cheque etc......still confused. Think we'll just be buying one of the CAG's great new signature strip anti tampering thingys anyhoo ;)

Dipply75

or failing that, ask the bank to check their own records for a copy of her signature (RBS use a system known as ISV or Image Signature Verification) which should hold a copy of her original scanned signature from her account opening papers.

I think this may be more to do with Anti Impersonation rules to ensure the funds go to the correct person. If you have a passport or Drivers Licence it seems crazy not to comply when you've come this far. Why create further delays with the courts?

she is worried that they want her signatures for use in other issues she has yet to resolve with them!

Hi all, thanks for the replies. I think she will be doing it anyhoo, but it just seems strange, over the top and for no valid reason we can think of...its not like they state why.

Having double checked the original settlement offer (letter from bank, court was not required) they said sign this declaration and acceptance and we will put the money in your current a/c.

So no extra security required, not sending out a cheque etc......still confused. Think we'll just be buying one of the CAG's great new signature strip anti tampering thingys anyhoo ;)

just stick an extra letter into your signature

She is just going to phone the FOS in the morning. It is just a ridiculous and highly suspicious demand to make.

We CANNOT refund your PPI claim into your a/c until you bring in photo ID bearing your normal signature and you certify it is a true copy?

It ain't the money laundering regs...she has banked there for years, loans, overdrafts etc...they didn't need this carry on to pay thousands into the a/c on her signed acceptance of a loan or to open the a/c's, anything! They are at it :rolleyes:

Dipply75

Nobody mentioned money laudering - its anti impersonation. Imagine the mess if the funds were sent to thewrong person after all this time and aggro? It would be like the police recovering your car from another country and having it nicked from outside the police station before they got it back to you.

Having said that, if she still has an account with the same bank it seems odd as they could simply sredit directly into that account. If the account has been closed and no other accounts exists at the bank (and who could blame anyone for closing them after this?) then it seems reasonable.

Only mentioned money laundering as a possible excuse, but it cannot be that.

Situation is, she had a loan...paid for few years and settled the balance with her existing loan.

She discovered on CCA'ing the she had PPI on the original loan, she could not have claimed on and did not ask for (internet application). They agreed and offered refund almost right away.

She still has an existing loan with the bank and her a/c and overdraft all running as normal....their offer said they would simply credit the refund to her current a/c if she signed and returned...which she did....now this rigmarol.

The letter reads like TV instructions....step by step, including handing back the letter to return it to them. As you say rickyd, in these circumstances...odd.

Its only a wee drop of money as well lol! Very interested to see if anyone else been told to do this process before payout.

Dipply75

Morning Diddydicky.....your letter away to the bank recorded. Lets just wait and see :)

Dipply75

I don't see what wages have to do with refunds of credit and for the last time ITS NOT ABOUT MONEY LAUNDERING!

For clarification money laundering regulations impose responsibilities on deposit takers to ensure that funds they receive from individuals are from legal sources and that they know the origin of the money and the true identity of the deposit maker. If they fail in this duty they can be held liable under the legislation as though they were involved in the crime itself. Even not reporting a suspicion is enough to get a jail sentence. Nobody working in the finacial sector would really want to expose themselves to that risk so the only way forward would be through "bent" accountants, lawyers etc. The banks are so paranoid about this that they classify cash based businesses as higher risk not because of any loss the bank may make, but because taxi drivers, sunbed salons, food take away outlets etc are frequently used by those who have dirty money to lodge into the system.

Once the funds have entered the banking system they are deemed to clean funds so it is vital to clarify things at receipt. That's why your lawyer, whom you may have dealt with for years will now ask for your passport before starting work on a house purhase for you. He may be entirely confident who you are but he has to prove as much to the Law Society before he handles any money on your behalf.

Its also one of the main reasons why walking into a Mercedes dealer with a suitcase full of notes won't get you a discount any longer, its not worth their hassle.

To repsond to your point, it may well be spiteful, but they are entitled to do it to verify identity. There are two clear choices here, either give them what they want and get the money or p*ss them about ("stick an extra letter to your signature" or "2 utility bills should be sufficient") and spend more time arguing over points of law.

They've said they will send the funds - the game's over!

If they don't follow through nail the b*st*rds to the wall and tell every journalist you can think of too.

Edited by rickyd

I don't see what wages have to do with refunds of credit and for the last time ITS NOT ABOUT MONEY LAUNDERING!

For clarification money launering regulations impose responibilities on deposit takers to ensure that funds they receive from individuals are from legal sources and that they know the origin of the money and the true identity of the deposit maker. If they fail in this duty they can be held liable under money laundering legislation. Once the funds have entered the banking system they are deemed to clean funds so it is vital to clarify things at receipt. That's why your lawyer, whom you may have dealt with for years will now ask for your passport before starting work on a house purhase for you. He may be entirely confident who you are but he has to prove as much to the Law Society before he handles any money on your behalf.

Its alos one of the main reasons why walking into a Mercedes dealer with a suitcase full of notes won't get you a discount and may not get you the car, its not worth their hassle.

To repsond to your point, it may well be spiteful, but they are entitled to do it to verify identity. There are two choices, either give them what they want and get the money or p*ss them about ("stick an extra letter to your signature" or "2 utility bills should be sufficient") and spend more time arguing over points of law.

They've said they will send the funds - so you've already won!

If they don't follow through nail the b*st*rds to the wall and tell every journalist you can think of too.

......phew..is it getting hot in here, or is it just me...chillout bro.........

Why not use the signature thingie that is often shown under a CAGGERS nickname?...........or is it expensive.

kind regards krj8:rolleyes:

ps........here's a link http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/digitalsignature.php

costs £4...........hope it works OK...

..good luck krj8

Edited by karenruthj8
adding more......

And it's a friday...wahey! thanks for all the input guys...this seems to have morphed into another thread lo....will update both as and when.

Have a good weekend all, will be away from the CAG, enjoying the folk festival. Cold beer, a field, good music...love it :D

Dipply75

Evening all! Back, happy, sunburnt AND wet!! But with beer :D

HAd to check in obviously lol, and just say that today access to my digital banking was blocked. I take it then that my a/c's are closed!

Well I have them recorded telling me that I would have full access to my a/c's for at least another 3 weeks, action on hold, promised by a manager so I wouldn't have to worry about access to my money - and have caught them lying to me again.

Phone call to the FOS in the morning for a start.:mad:

Dipply75

I wonder why they stated 3 weeks? Did they know something was going to happen then?

I'd go straight to a bank branch (with ID) and ask why you can't access your own money......

Update - letter dates 23rd July received this morning from Triton (RBS in house DCA)with all the legal threatening gumf.

Firstly they are threatening me with all sorts of legal action...which they know they cannot take (no CCA) so complaint 1.

I phone them to find out when this was passed to them - 22nd. Day after the advisor assured me I had weeks to re-arrange my benefits (complaint 2)

Triton...OMG, shower of bullies. Get this, she told me no CCA makes no difference, we can supply statements and thats enough. There is No law that says they cannot continue default, close my a/c's and take my benefits. i told her that would be the COnsumer Credit Act and she said no - our T&C's say different! Class! Told me that the ONLY way I could get some money from my benefits on Thurs was to make a payment and they would approve a ONE TIME encashment at the branch, but thats it. (Complaint 3)

I then told her I was recording the call and there was a sudden attitude adjustment and agreed to soeak to a manager and see what could be done. They would now approve the encashment anyway, just this once ---oooh I am so grateful. (complaint 4)

Phoned the FOS to complain they are holding my benefits to ransom and they said it was clear they had not even given me enough notice of closing the a/c's. I should phone them and tell them this.

After a LOT of carry on and some right dimwits CMS are now going to 'look into this' and phone me back.

I clearly stated that the loan a/c had been unlawfully terminated and I accepted that termination, which I have confirmed in writing.

ALL recorded, so we'll see!

Dipply75

They just phoned back....useless. They accept they made a mistake by transferring the bank a/c's to recoveries too early...the system is still working on the dates from the original wrong DN that was sent with someone elses Natwest details on it...BUT:

They will not rectify that mistake unless I pay money.Fantastic. That is seriously what they said!

I just reminded them that they terminated the loan a/c unlawfully and I have accepted that termination.

Am completely willing to proceed to court with this now.

Dipply75