HSBC cancelled my overdraft requested payment within 1 month

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5411 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi people i have an overdraft with hsbc on my old account which has not been used for over 6 months other than to make random payments to them when i have spare cash, i have not paid anything into it for several months.

Several days ago i received a letter stating that it will be cancelled and i have to pay £1727.80 by the 20th july or contact them to arrange a payment schedule, they also have a form of incoming money/outgoings etc, after working out my expenses i believe i have around 58 pound monthly disposable income, they request 33% of this according to their forms,

what i would like to know is can i put expenses such as smoking on the expenses form?, will they need evidence for me paying keep of 200 pounds a month etc?, also if i pay them say 30 pounds a month the interest is 26 pounds, thus i would only remove 4 pound off my balance?

whats the best solution to sort out this?, i dont fancy paying 30 quid for 4 pound to come off the balance lol

i have a loan and hp on a tv which i have paid constantly as these debts actually drop in balance,

i might add that a change in job has caused me to get into this state as i only work 24 hrs a week as a postman and cant find anything else.

hope u can help

cheers

with an overdraft i would assume they are charges you can claim back. Have you done this?

ida x

Please contact a member of the site team if you are offered help off the forum for a a paid or no win no fee service.

Please consider making a small donation to help keep this site running

Click here to donate through PayPal (opens in a new window)